Don't like Rams

>don't like Rams
>hate Ram owners
>considering Ram 2500 because it's the only truck you can get with a manual nowadays

Ram a shit do not recommend. I think most companies stopped making manual trucks around 2005ish so get one of those for cheap. Much cheaper than a new ram 2500

The 3/4 and 1 ton RAMs are actually good trucks despite what the memers say.
Just get a diesel tho
The Cummins engines are known for reliability and power.

Keeping it well maintained it can last you 300,000+ miles

6.7L Cumms gets the 6spd, Hemi is auto only

why do you want a manual truck...

i had a ram work truck

was pretty decent desu, better interior than the fords

based ram

This, why?
Trucks (work, off-road, dd) are better as a/t. Unless you're building a race truck, in which case .

I like manuals just like everyone else, but this is just autism.
Also the tacoma is still available in manual too

Had a buddy in the same situation. Loves diesel, loves cummins... knows dodge a shit with other issues.

Ended up ordering a 6mt Cummins 2500... and made sure not to get the faggot ass extended homo mirrors.

Because in shitty weather, manual 4x4 is best. If you have to ask why, you need to own and drive more vehicles in more and varied conditions. That's all there is to it.

Towing

No
>Because in shitty weather, manual 4x4 is best. If you have to ask why, you need to own and drive more vehicles in more and varied conditions. That's all there is to it.
I'll accept this. But I try not to drive big ass vehicles in winter, my 5spd fwds work just as well if not better than 4wd trucks.
Still, go for an old K1500 or old F-150, they'll last longer as long as you periodically clean the salt off.

Towing with a automatic not built specifically for towing is a bad idea.

Take for example the Chrysler 727. It's a good auto trans, used from the 60s until the early 2000s. But this is also the trans that gave Dodge trucks the "lol bad trans meme". When the 2nd gen Ram came out they added O/D to the design. Problem is the trans isn't designed or built to handle excessive towing or hauling.
Good for commuting- Yes
Good for work- No

Have you ever seen a person looking to buy a diesel truck for work? Most WTB ads say either manual or built auto.

I don't know what auto trans they use in the 3/4 and 1 ton Rams now but I would assume they're built to ride smooth and get good economy. Which is ok if you're moving furniture or pulling a small boat but if you're like me, pulling construction equipment though the hills of eastern KY, you want a manual

>built
Sorry, I forgot about that part.
My highlander has a built a/t for offroading and it hauls a car trailer every now and then (usually with either 2 atvs and a dirt bike [not mine], or 1 cherokee[mine]).
Also
>diesel
I should fuckin read sometimes. Yeah m/t because low RPM.

I'm with you on the manual transmission OP. I've got a little 5 speed ranger and it's p enjoyable to drive. I'd love to drive a full-sized truck with a manual and some real power.

>Dodge had a shit transmission
>This means all factory automatic transmissions are shit
I feel like you haven't thought this through

People buy MT work trucks because they're cheap assholes, it's not as if Dodge's manual isn't a oiece of shit too.

You can tow more with a manual.

well that and if you ever was towing on a hilly area the autos start gear hunting. it SUCKS. manual is so much better for towing

Correction, you can more safely and efficiently with a manual

now there is someone who has not towed much.

What is paddle shifters/manual mode?

sadly only really works decently on the allison

>Buying a truck
Are you a farmer / gypsy?
Fucking murricans I swear

>wants a real truck
>only likes shit tier
>forced to get the only model of pickup that actually represents what a pickup is supposed to be

The Ram literally what began the "trucks as male fashion" craze. They just used to be work vehicles before then.

>rams claim to fame ia there power train
>made by a completely different company
Lmao

> just as well if not better than 4wd trucks.

kek

also
>k1500

you don't even know what you're saying
>last longer
>than a cummins diesel

But it has less power than the auto.
Auto 800 lbs of torque
Manual 660

Literally the only reason they still sell a manual transmission ram truck is because of boomers wanting muh control and muh accurate shifts on mountain roads. However, in reality the automatic transmission can do every the manual can better and can be had with much more power.

>absolutely hate Nissan
>not a fan of V6's
>considering a 350Z because it's objectively the best car my money can buy at less than 10k
I feel ya op

>boomers
>manual

They're the reason we're all driving autos today, lad

Every guy born in the 1960's or before has told me they prefer manual

But they drive automatic anyway.

kek yes they do desu.

I wanted a manual truck cause of poor experiences with auto trans trucks up to the early 2000s and can't afford newer, even though current auto trans models work just fine for a work truck. Just bought a 2000 chevy 2500 with a vortec 5.7 and nv4500. Was looking at diesels but everyone's asking crazy prices for beat to shit garbage. Only thing that lasts on the Dodges are the Cummins engine, body always rots and the interior falls apart. Ford 7.3 is probably the best option for a fellow poorfag looking for a manual diesel, but most of those already have a million miles on them and unknown service record.

If you're Ram looks like a work vehicle (not chromed out, base height, skinny tires) truckfags will leave you alone

>nv4500
>vortec 5.7

wat. They never came in that configuration

>Just bought a 2000 chevy 2500 with a vortec 5.7 and nv4500.

Keep that forever. It's not like parts will ever be a problem.

I think he means 5.3.

if it's a 5.3 then it's not a 2500

Just got me a Ranger 4x4. Not a mistake, unlike title :)). Just took it out for a spin on the highway and feeling fine.

I need it because dangerous goods transportation requires the merchandise to not be in the same compartment as the driver or passengers. This along with the extra off-roading torque helps.
Most workers here prefer trucks to hatchback vehicles like hatchbacks and minivans because they can customise the truck cap to include whatever they want (including a 6 door compartment storage system). Also lugging things like pylons, wires, ladders, etc are just much easier.
But I do agree. Most civilians shouldn't have trucks in the first place.

The 7.3 that gave Powerstroke it's rep was built by International
The diesels in GM trucks are built partly by Isuzu

Big fuckin whoop

actually the 7.3 had pretty serious issues but since the 6.0 was so bad they are forgotten these days.
it had severe cylinder liner cavitation/erosion issues. ford even had special coolant to try and fix the issue.
it had oil fired injectors, so if you were due for an oil change you had less power. and of course and bubbles in the oil would give you less power. this led to a LOT of injector headaches

My bad I was talking about the 7.3 IDI

Sorry my head is foggy today

I didn't think it came in this combo either, actually thought it was the light duty 2500 with the NV3500 till I saw it in person.

The new Taco with a manual and tow package is objectively the best truck available rn

Just buy a nice 20 year old C1500 with the Vortec 4.3 in it. Best truck I've had my entire life.

That's why autos have a manual mode

spoopy

Allison is the only truck to have made a decent version of that

lol

thats some low quality bait right there

old trucks had strange auto shifters

Owner of 2016 ram sport 1500 here

Love it so far 750miles on it. Has great power and torque.

does it have the ugly grille that says ram

No. It's all blacked out black rims and it's quad cab. That's the rebel trim which is way overpriced and pointless and tacky

Mine has chrome running boards with black step grips but otherwise exactly the same

Your trim is tacky as shit

nigger detected