Even Honda uses K&N™ cone air filter

Even Honda uses K&N™ cone air filter.
So why don't you?

That is not a k&n

I don't use an oem filter. And I'm not going to buy one of their grossly overpriced plastic intake kits.

I do 90% of the time.

Kucks and Niggers

Serious OEMs go for BMC, not K&N meme filters.

K&N only function properly when oiled.
Too little oil and a paper filter works better.
Too much oil and you just fouled your air meter.

Are k&n plastic??
Glad they didn't have one that fit my car

i'm doing the old k&n with a tube sock trick cause i'm too lazy to tune the carbs

Serious diesel fiat power.

Because I have real cold air intakes

I love you.
>no homo

i need to find it but there was a solid write-up that pointed out that while K&N filters allow more air into your engine, they're also allowing much larger particulates that are destroying your motor at the same time. I forgot if they included a timeframe of how much engine life you're losing but basically they said you'd be better off putting on a free-flowing exhaust and doing a whole range of other modifications before you installed one of their filters

2HP gain offset by 30lbs of extra pipe

17.5 hp gain at the wheels and maybe a 2 lb weight increase

Are cold air intakes really a meme?

Post back to back dyno charts or you're a fucking sucker

>Implying
>You've dynoed your shitbox

I already do since the previous owner literally niggerigged some bugscreen at the end of a hose.

>99 pontiac trans am
>SLP airbox lid
>$8 wix filter element

Yes, they increase horsepower, but rarely in double digit numbers. Intake noise makes it worth it.

I didn't dyno it before the install and tune

Because Honda uses them

Nice nig nog mobile, are you basketball American?

>I spent all this money to get stock numbers

The dyno run was performed at 6,000 feet above sea level, so that dampened the performance a bit. I've since moved to Florida and added some more mods so I expect the hp to be around 350 at the wheels now.