How do you deal with anxiety when driving?

how do you deal with anxiety when driving?

Codeine cough syrup

If driving makes you anxious, maybe you should be taking the bus.

being an experienced driver

Dubs confirms. Opiates.

I would say Xanax but that is not a good idea to drive on. It may calm you down but when you try to stop at a stop sign, you will end up halfway into the intersection.

I sold all my sports cars and got a slow as fuck but really comfy truck.

Not OP but I got Xanax for insomnia and I don't even think that does anything for either that or anxiety, then again I haven't gone above .75mg

Drive faster if no traffic. Merge all the way right and drive like granny in traffic.

But I usually only get anxious if something else is bothering me, I'm not familiar with where I am, or stop-and-go traffic.

I have anxiety attacks but driving doesn't trigger them.

Something is seriously wrong with you.

go really fast

Nigga what, Xanax is a benzo, not an opiate.

I don't even have a sports car. I get anxious when there is lots of cars around me or in traffic

Turn up the volume on your SEB installation.

By not having anxiety.

So drive something bigger and taller. It helps a lot being able to see

Great advice

I somehow stopped giving a fuck about lots of traffic or confusing situations. Usually I just sit there like "well ain't that some shit" and go on with driving while e.g. my gf is scared by a lot of things as codriver.
I was slightly anxious about people driving out of driveways etc when I have the right of way after some cunt wrecked my first car with a perfectly executed T-bone but that went away after a while, back to just getting from a to b with some shenanigans here and there.

Also if you drive a truck or an SUV your lights will blind and annoy drivers of cars that are stupidly low.

Not being a woman.

Driving gets rid of my anxiety. I've been having a lot of anxiety issues these past two months, I go for a drive whenever I have trouble handling my thoughts or emotions.

i deal with anxiety by driving

underrated

>spend thousands of dollars more just to 'be able to see'

exhibit a. the PUNK ASS generation

anxiety is a fucking farce

ABS, working airbags, and a low collision deductible and you're all set

Drive a lot, I got forced to drive 11 hours on road trip and by the time I was done most of my fears/worries we're gone

this. drive as much as you can. drive especially when you're feeling anxious

I used to have bad anxiety over driving, to the point I would get physically sick. I just realized it was all in my head, I'm in control of the vehicle, just aware of the people around you. It takes experience and eventually you'll be confident.

Better question
How do you deal with anxiety when being a passenger in a car?
It always freaks me out

Ambien

listen to music, pick something for the car

anytime im passenger i am DJ

bit misogynistic of u lad.

take it bacc

I feel you OP, i used to have terrible driving anxiety for years.
My hands were shaking even half an hour later, when i got out of the car. I was in constant fear of not being able to start at red lights, running in to other cars or getting ran into by other cars.

Then after 4 years i had to buy a car for work, and started driving daily. The first week was just ... horrible. For the next two weeks the short car ride to work was bigger than the 8 hours i had to work.
But then it got less and less frightening. I think it was 1,5 months of daily driving when i started driving without anxiety.
Since then i actually love driving.
So yeah, drive more until you become confident in your driving skills

Got in a pretty roll over about 4 years ago
Still haven't gotten over it and I'm still scared to dick around offroad

usually this doesnt happen for me unless i'm in a flatbed truck where the windshields are huge and you take in so much of a view while traveling 70 - 80mph

the comfort I get is knowing death's embrace will be warm and welcoming.

This. What kind of a fucking joke do you have to be that such a daily task causes you "anxiety" for fuck's sake!

These people just sound like a bunch of bitches who will never get a job because muh anxiety

Forgot to mention the way I rolled over was I went WOT on a washboard road back end kicked out couldnt regain control cause manual steering and flew off a canal road into a field and to this day I don't like spinning my tires anywhere because I'm afraid I'll lose it

Get a car that can hold up with traffic.
Im terryified when i drive my peugeot 106 in highway. Its impossible to overtake someone because of uber slow acceleration. Also rear windiws are super small that i cant see shit.
Golf 7 and i feel very comfy and secure. Can speed easily and see a shitton more

Does anyone else get autistic when waiting at stop lights and a qt pulls up behind you or is in front of you? Like what am I supposed to be looking at

No
I just look at the light or the cars around me

>behind you
Your rearview
>in front of you
Their driver side mirror

Don't break eye contact

By driving more

Wink at her you fagit

I do the jack off movement with my hand

i always try to not have eyecontact with anyone, but i am autistic in general, so...

I just try to breathe and remain calm because freaking out doesn't make anything better. It actually can make things worse.

You have to drive more in order to be more confident. You'll get the hang of it.

However, I still get kind of anxious if I am lost and am in a area where I am not familiar with and it is worse if you get on the freeway, especially at rush hour.

Realize you're being a dick by holding others to higher standards than yourself and be comfortable in the fact you can play some pokemon instead of trying.

You mean driving related anxiety, or the crippling depression you get when you realize you now have the car you've wanted since you were 12, and now all you want to do is run and play care-free like a 12 year old?

Start cackling like a maniac and move on.

Driving into an oncoming 18 wheeler usually works for me.

Deep breathing before I set off and stopping to do more if I need to.

Working out why you're anxious and then employing a solution is more productive though.

>anxiety

what is this?

Your heart rate increases and you may sweat more.

Basically the flight or fight response. Adrenaline gets released.

Me personally I always drive with the windows down because I like the breeze. I also always listen to music loud enough for people to hear outside the car (I love music). So when I'm stopped at a set of traffic lights sometimes I get anxious when everyone's looking at me. Never any problem with anxiety at any other time when driving though

UMM... with the sad eyes
kek. that thing is hilarious