Budget wrx destroyer

Sup Veeky Forums, I have a problem. My older brother recently bought a brand new wrx, and he thinks it makes him the coolest guy around. I need to show him up, but i only have 10k to spend on my car, however I am willing to do some wrenching if I need to in order to outperform that stupid vapemobile. What sort of car should I buy, with what mods? What would make the best platform for something that could both both outcorner and outrun his wrx? It has to do both, otherwise he will talk shit about "muh handling" or "muh quarter mile", I live in the us, btw.

Other urls found in this thread:

westslope.craigslist.org/cto/5736086464.html
procharger.com/automotive-superchargers/general-motors/camaro/1997-93-camarofirebird-lt1#/1993-97-camaro-firebird-lt1-street
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

miata with LS swap

dude he got a decent car and you hate him for it? what the fuck.
why even have this goal?
i dont have this weird feeling with my family members cars.

a fox body with some mods could definitely beat it in a straight line, but around corners probably not unless he's a shit driver.

Egotisical family. OP describes his bro as thinking hes the coolest guy around so he needs to show his dominance to ensure his brother knows that he is not in fact the coolest guy around.

We have a pretty intense sibling rivalry going on, we ALWAYS try to one up each other.

dude i cannot relate to this at all.

you mean shit like trying to fuck his gf?

Oldest miata you can find that runs, a set of R compound slicks, and a kit of nitrous should do the trick.

2bh this is what OP should do. Your bro thinks he's top dog cause of his car?

Fuck his girlfriend, cum all up inside her and hopefully knock her up. Make your brother a cuckold.

Can we just focus on the car, for the time being? People are saying miata, but are there any other options? I can make do with that, but I'm not just going to jump on the bandwagon right away.

i think you should use the money to grow up

this

volvo 240 with LS swap?

Lol get the fuck out, I have all the parts to make my car 350hp+ and I purposely haven't put them on so I can give my Bro's ST the spotlight since it's his pride and joy. Why don't you instead buy him some vapejuice and let him have his time?

Get an EVO

he said budget so maybe base lancer + ebay turbo?

>are there any other options?

Literally anything under 3k pounds curb weight. Gut it, put a kit of nitrous on it, slap some racing slicks on it and drive it like it's disposable. Most any sport bike would work too, 1000 cc's for preference.

If you want something that's actually driveable and faster than a brand new WRX, you're going to have quite a bit of trouble doing it for under $10k.

Why the fuck do you care what he drives? Don't you have your own life to worry about?

I want a fast car, like every Veeky Forumstist and I just happen to be using the wrx as a benchmark. What's the problem?

No, you want to be a cheap poorfag and try to show up your more handsome and successful brother.
You want the attention your parents gave you from a bunch of faceless faggots on a chineses tapestry board

I think you might be projecting a bit there, desu. My brother still lives with our parents, while I am living on my own and going to college.

So then why do you want to show him up, faggot?

would be dope, make sure it's a station wagon for extra embarrasment

jesus guys calm the fuck down christ

I'd say go for a Pontiac grand prix, pretty good sleeper, rwd, supercharged

but desu you just need to drive better than him

WRXs aren't particularly fast or nimble. The bar is pretty low.

>rwd

This

Save your 10k and if you spend any of it don't do it on some stupid one-upmanship.

>go on Veeky Forums the automotive enthusiast board, ask for car suggestions
>"don't buy a car"
>mfw

>4 and a half million km

He could also put a supra engine in and turbo it the fuck up. Maximum abomination.

get a 200k mile evo 8 and pretend it's low milage and never breaks

Because it's fun and normal for guys to get competitive?
Like, get out of the basement, you think the first 1000HP street car wasn't some dude showing up his buddies?

10k would probably accomplish this right? I mean at my white trash racekar budget I'm not a fan of MX5 but I would change my tune if it had a V8.

10k will get you the correct LS swap and work, yes.
The Miata is on you.

This is the only option

Even if he's able to drop it in? Also, do you need to do axle swaps because of the weight?

Www.flyinmiata.com
Go to v8 conversion kit under catalogue
Have fun

Also, they support any chassis but ND (newest)

DSM

buy a beat up awd talon for like 1000 bux and build the shit outta it.

An old sti. Beat him with a better version of his vapist transporter.

Z31 turbo ($4000+)
Then install a maual boost controller, bump it to about 14 PSI over the stock 8, throw an ebay intercooler on it, autozone cone filter, cut out the cat and throw on a brap-can, set of super sticky tires.
You now have a less than $8000 car faster than his WRX.

westslope.craigslist.org/cto/5736086464.html yeah, but the type of people who own sti's install things like carbon fiber... door handles.

Yup. Fox body came to mind. Drag radials, high compression heads, a few other things, and those front wheels will almost lift off the ground on a good launch.

Most of the bad parts of that one would be fairly easy to fix. But it was probably beaten on its whole life.

OP please leave CO you're faggoting it up for the rest of us

>different fuel injectors
fuck. these people are really fucking stupid. Atleast say aftermarket or upgraded fuel injectors "different fuel injectors" makes you sound retarded

Stoplight racing? Get a FOXBODY+ ebay turbo 5000$ in total.
Course racing? Get a Miata or even Civic Type R.
I've seen Civics from 1991 put out 182HP which is sure to obliterate WRX For 4000$.
I've seen Miatas selling for 8000$ 320HP.
That'll show him.

>outcorner and outrun
The cheapest WRX (or STi) you can find. The older it gets, the better.

Beat him at his own game and call him a fag.

Don't listen to these other retards. Get an LT1 (1993-1997 or so, V8) firebird or camaro for like $3k with a T56 6 speed. These 4th gens don't get credit for how well they actually handle with some minor changes to suspension (better shock and lowering it a bit basically), and they look super cool. Then buy a roots supercharger, if you did your research and bought a solid car then it should not be a difficult install. You'll have to play with air/fuel mixture and stuff, get some sweet headers and mufflers, and you've got it made. You'll look super cool, sound super cool, and make 450 horsepower in a car that weighs about the same as a newer WRX.

Then get some good rubber, lower it, and you'll have an absolutely amazing handling car too.

CAR: 3 grand or less

WHEELS AND TIRES: get 17 inch steelies and good tires all around, lees than 2 grand.

SUPERCHARGER: About 5 grand

COILOVERS: Under 1 grand

procharger.com/automotive-superchargers/general-motors/camaro/1997-93-camarofirebird-lt1#/1993-97-camaro-firebird-lt1-street

If you do your shopping right, you can make it work easy for under $10k, and you can take it to shows AND daily it. How about that?

Wow user, you make it sound like a simple choice. I'm assuming that you have some this build yourself? If so, mind sharing some pictures?

Gto
T
O

Buy an E30 and S52 swap, decent spring and shocks and you will wreck any WRX

He's a GM fangirl ignore him

I love the way Veeky Forums folks slip in stuff...
Board was mostly /a/ in the beginning.

anyway I will throw you this quote...

>>WRX is light weight and it has a respectable amount of power, AWD gives you alot of extra control when your driving hard especially in corners. Properly driven it will fly around corners faster than any of the big heavy muscle cars. The only cars that keep up around corners are go carts like the miata. You are faster than the Ford/Chevy/Dodge coupes in the base models but the SS and the V8s are quicker to 100 than you but they cant keep up on a track with turns.

So where are you competing and work back from that

It's too late man it's already fucked.

This, there is nothing more embarrassing than getting whooped on by 240

>The only cars that keep up around corners are go carts like the miata
I was taking your post seriously until here

>Taking gm fan girls seriously