Whats the fastest analog car you can buy for under 20K?

Whats the fastest analog car you can buy for under 20K?

> Drive by cable (no drive by wire)
> Hydraulic/manual rack steering
> No ABS, TCS, STM, etc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7NcvvVT_uWk
lightweightmiata.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mclaren f1

maybe a skyline GTS-T type M or one of those older air cooled porsches or bmw m3's?

> Drive by cable (no drive by wire)
> Hydraulic/manual rack steering

C5Z

>The C5 was also the first Corvette to incorporate a drive-by-wire throttle; and variable-effort steering, whereby the assist level of the power steering is varied according to vehicle speed (more at lower speeds, less at higher speeds).

The C4 was the last drive by cable Corvette unfortunately. Also the C5 Z has ABS, other electronic aids, and power steering (non-hydraulic I believe)

stock or mods?
if stock then the porsche 996 floated around that price if i recall correctly

if mods then the miata

>if mods then the miata

>fastest
>under 20k

>Miata
Fuck of with your meme

First generation Dodge Viper? Not sure if those are under $20k yet, though.

Either way you're getting manual everything and no roof.

you can easily fit under 20k, unless you're doing full blown race spec these cost around 30k

suck my dick
youtube.com/watch?v=7NcvvVT_uWk

Integra DC2 + 2way LSD & brake or suspension upgrade if its around a track

Probably an early 996 911

>Air cooled 911
>under $20k

for under 20k I'm sure there is something faster user

>Chrysler

Were they really that bad of a death trap or can they turn?

A Lotus Elise with a salvage title. There's actually quite a few out there. Insurance companies lose their shit when they see cracked fiberglass.

They can both go fast and turn well. They're a death trap for different reasons, namely being a car built around a V10 engine made by taking a truck's V8 and sticking two more cylinders on the end, then leaving everything off the car they deemed unnecessary, like airbags, antilock brakes, any sort of traction control, a roof, side windows, door handles, etc etc.

Think of it like an American version of an older Porsche, or a descendant of the original Cobra- amazing car, but it will absolutely kill you if you can't handle it.

it isn't fiberglass you clown

find me a better platform that's light, uses double wishbone suspension, is rwd and has big enough engine bay

it's the best platform you can get if you want to make a fast car

unless we are counting go-karts too, then exocet can possibly be faster, but it cost quite a bit, and that's wasted budget

>The car has a hand-finished fibreglass body shell atop its bonded extruded aluminium chassis that provides a rigid platform for the suspension, while keeping weight and production costs to a minimum. The roadster is capable of speeds up to 240 km/h (150 mph).[5]

oh never mind then

Literally every Lotus ever made has had a fiberglass body, numbnuts.

see that car on the right in op's pic . .

Doesn't change the fact that it has a wet noodle chassis, and if you add bracing it isn't "Miata light" anymore

and i suggest to read OP post again

Espcially this
>Hydraulic/manual rack steering

s2k uses electrical steering, my man

>muh wet noodle

a roll bar doesn't add that much weight, and improves the rigidity immensely

not to mention, you can still shave quite a lot of weight from this car

lightweightmiata.com/

forgot about that

Does the Silvia S14 count then?

yeah, and it's a good contender

however, it's more expensive and has a smaller aftermarket