Was this the last decent truck ever made?

Was this the last decent truck ever made?

Other urls found in this thread:

hemmings.com/magazine/hmn/2014/06/Hauling-in-High-Style---1947--55-Chevrolet-First-Series-Advance-Design-1-2-ton-Trucks/3739091.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Toyota Hilux.

if you mean a crap engine in a shit frame then yes it was a great example of a bad truck

the best truck ever made was the 2005 Dodge Power Wagon. It was literally perfect

>2wd
>decent

elmayo

I said trucks, not luxury SUVS with tiny beds on the back.

Toyota Hilux.

you'll never be able to just get a simple truck anymore.

no more vinyl bench seat, rubber floor, manual 4x4 system with a lever on the floor, shitty 2 speaker radio.

that wasnt even good when it was new

Lightning was faster with over 100ci less displacement and handled much better.

They still make stripper trucks user.

um?

probably early 90's ford with the 300 i6

runner up is any international pickup

>expensive mantoy that does roads absolutely awfully compared to literally any other production truck, absolutely fails at towing, and is less capable offroad than a far cheaper offroad build

but they cost so damn much now.

>I can't buy a brand new six and a half by twenty feet vehicle for half my annual wage, life isn't fair

basic bitch trucks used to be less expensive in the 90s. Then the mall crawlers started buying them. Even after the suv/truck bubble popping in 2008. They prices, adjusted for inflation, haven't gone back to their pre trendy price.

4x4 trucks have always been relatively expensive.

A brand new, 2wd, no options truck with a v6 is still over 30k after taxes. Average household income is a little over 50k (two people).

>$30k
Nope, closer to $20k. I've been pricing it work trucks and I can get an F-150 for around $21k.

Not sure about ford pricing, but when I was looking to buy a Silverado reg cab longbed, starting msrp was like 26k for the V6 and closer to 30k for the 5.3. Not including sales taxes.

Ram SRT-10
1999-2006 Silverados came with the Vortec 8100(8.1L V8). They're hella fun in 2wd configuration

Everything is good on that Ford except the Dana 50 TTB that truck in the pic has...

>230 hp
>Single digit MPG
>Auto only
>2wd only
>Shit payload and towing capabilities

454 SS is a pretty terrible truck.

I was gar for this truck back when I lived in redneck land.
Still kinda do

Oh wow.
I thought I'd check the local listings and saw they were all automatic.
Did a quick google search and apparently ALL the Lightnings were automatic and no manuals
Weird

Gen 2 Lightning.

How would one build a replica?

ITT Spickuptrucks

>GM
>decent

kek

Add a supercharger a F-150

Buy F150 of that year.
Slam it.
Put shelby motor and trans in it.

Are those years F150 any good even with a regular v8?
Did they come in stick?

I'm suddenly an expert?
It's a truck. It has a V8 engine.
Some might have sticks, I don't know what it is though.
The Lightning has 4r100 trans capable of 100lbs of torque(reportedly) and that is why it is automatic.
Ford motors are expensive as shit.
End of the day, save 15k and buy a lightning.

they offer all that stuff on Work Truck level trim options at least in the GMC Sierra. I own a 2007 nbs with everything except that i went for cloth seats.

h-hi b/o/ys

i-im a 1985 f150 and i-im still relevant, r-right?

YANKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

at least i dont fuck my cousin

Not the last, but close to it.
>pic related

hemmings.com/magazine/hmn/2014/06/Hauling-in-High-Style---1947--55-Chevrolet-First-Series-Advance-Design-1-2-ton-Trucks/3739091.html