How bad will mazda flop with this?

How bad will mazda flop with this?
>80000$ rotary gt MAZDA
I love those crazy dorito retards, but i honestly don't see who would spend this much money on a Mazda

In 1995, RX-7s with a few options were selling for $45000, which is about $71000 in today's money. So the price difference actually isn't too large.

>$400k v6 ford
>all sold

Forgot to add that they gave $80000 as a very high estimation of MSRP, as in "we don't know exactly how much it will cost, but it will be less than $80k."

Everyone is going to want to buy this car

Everyone is gonna want one USED like the situation was with the rx7

Doesn't matter it's a loss leading halo product like the GTR was when it launched.

that doesn't mean shit tho

If a coachbuilder made the same thing its be 200k a piece and they would all sell.

Who cares if its a mazda, it looks radical enough to be sold at a premium price point. Look at the platinum trucks from ford. Expensive as fuck, completely unnecessary when a 45k diesel crew 4x4 will do, but the guys who want them have them.

Will the engine even have a lot of room for aftermarket like the GTR?

This is great. I hope the final design looks a bit less busy and more sleek but I guess crash regulations will mean it stays chubby. Loving the fact that Mazda are bringing the rotary back. They deserve to be successful in this.

It's a render that Mazda isn't responsible for, we don't know what the final product will be

Fucking hell that looks heavy
Mazda is incredibly based but even they can't seem to escape the ""muh luxury, muh pigfat"" trend. Why can't it be a light, fun and well balanced car like the RX-7 was
Fuk, my dreams of a new rotary coming out as a kid were completely pointless if it's just going to be this shit
Why can't car manufacturers understand that people bought these predecessors because they were extremely fast street cars? Now they just want luxury land barges that are very loosely based off an amazing car
Just like the Toyobaru, this is nothing like it should've been

I think you forget that the FD3S was priced to compete with 911s and the like

>Haha, those rotary cucks ecoboost is goat, amiright guys ?

True

such wit

That render isn't by Mazda. Considering they shaved 200 pounds off the Miata between this generation and the last I'd say they still have a pretty good idea of what their customers want in their cars. I guarantee they learned their lesson with the RX8 on what people want in a rotary.

Why did you post this shitty shop and not the actual concept car?

>I think I speak for everyone when I say...
No idiot. We're you alive when the rx7 came out? No because you were born in the year 2000

>Mazda DB9

The same peolle who spent money on an fd

kek

Mazda rotaries have always had tons of aftermarket support.

They're aiming to get it under 2900lbs

Fuck, this gives me hope

That thing is gonna depreciate faster then an S-class Benz

>implying it won't be a pigfat hybrid

The FD RX-7 was a very expensive car brand new.
Shut the fuck up already

I guess he wanted to be realistic

pretty hyped for a new dorito flavour
this is called cooler ranch

what they should really do with this thing is hybridize it. I know you guys won't like that comment but Mazda NEEDS to start working on their battery tech if they want to survive beyond 2020. this would be a perfect halo car to show off battery tech, even if it's just a freshman effort into that realm.

all of the japanese monsters were not cheap
I think all of the turbo models were over 40k

haha yep

reminds me of S2000

people in the 90s worked hard and enjoyed their money unlike you whiny millenials
get a fucking job you wankers

Absolutely fucking kill yourself.

Stick to your 80s and 90s "sporty" shitboxes.

he's right you dumb fucking wop

>Hey guys, let's just destroy the one car our fans have been waiting for for years by ruining the rotary platform and crossing it with a hybrid!
Samefag kill yourself

Hybrid would be a little cool, I guess.
It would help out with the Rotary's lack of low end torque.
If they can fit all of the hybrid shit into the car and still keep it ~2600lbs, then I don't see why not.

It worked for Honda.

Hmm...Corvette, Porche or BMW performance line. Or even a lightly used 458, who the fuck buys a Mazda as a midlife crisis car.

>It worked for Honda
Maybe because no one gives a fuck about muh VTEC memes

>ruining the rotary platform
hahhahahahahha

>If they can fit all of the hybrid shit into the car and still keep it ~2600lbs, then I don't see why not.

So you would on a Porsche/Ferarri/Lamborghini?
If so you would be no different than normie buying it as a status symbol.
The rotary is truly a magnificent beast, you buy it because you want it not name that goes with it.

It's just watering the earth like a good little eco-friendly hipster, at least you can use your iPhone uber app and catch a ride back home to a trendy loft home. God I hate the new eco tech stuff that's just about a statement over function.

Yes it does faggot

The rx7 was manufactured until 2002
If you said "when the rx7 was being made in America" than you'd be correct minus that one USA spirit R they made

>reading this much into things
hahaha stop watching tv and get some friends m8

Its crappy when they make the cars all look similar.

Rotary has very strong low end torque
The 20b makes peak torque below 3000rpm

Oh, someone will.

If these things can sell, so could an 80,000$ Mazda.

Fuck all this render bullshit when will they show the real thing

>priced this Hugh
Calling it now, corvette/gtr/911 killer like back in the day

The Escalade is a black people anomaly, if rappers didn't buy them and put MUH 40 INCH SPINNERZ on them they would be hardly selling and a lot cheaper

I don't think it's going to perform like the FD RX-7, though. Nor will prospective buyers have the same sort of confidence.

It went from FC to FD, and Japanese manufacturers were all known for being in the performance game.

Now we're going from RX-8 to RX-whatever. With a couple of years of no rotary in between. And now they've got to worry about emissions, fuel mileage, etc.

There must be a lot of black people where you live to influence the market that much

If they want to sell it in the Boxster price bracket it better preform like the RX7. If they want to sell it in the 911 bracket it needs to blow the doors off the RX7.

They said they were shooting for ~400hp and 2900lbs.

They have a brand new powerplant and just made a Miata with modern safety features that weighs LESS than the previous generation. I think they can pull it off.

400hp and lighter than the rx8
Its impossible to not be faster

>Corvette
kek
>BMW
kek
>Porsche
if you want a slower car

please kill yourself

no one will miss you

awful lot of projection there friendo.
i hope you find something to love and live for :^)

It's ambitious, certainly. Did they decide to fit a 26B under that long bonnet or did Mazda figure out a way to make the rotary perfect?

>GT
>rotary
>requires 9001rpm to move
>lolnotorque

Why would they bother? Will it be a hybrid to make it drive-able?

>40+ loser whinning about a superior gen than his'
>thinking he isn't worthless

full kek

all I see are soccer moms in them who have a habit of cutting me off

I'm speaking relative to their competitor's cars. It'll obviously be faster than the RX7 but that's a 15 year old car so it'd be ridiculous if it wasn't.

t. assmad pushrod cuck

You don't need pushrods to make torque. I don't even like pushrods.

You obviously don't understand what a GT car is if you think a rotary is a good choice for one.

>No, sports car
>Yes, pistoncucks btfo
>mad his "performance v8" redlines at 2000rpm
>mad his "performance v8" only makes 120hp

Roflmao it isn't even out yet and pistoncucks are already squirming

>all GT cars should be the same
>if it has an engine other people will enjoy its not a GT

ok

>superior
>no cars
top kek

>Did they decide to fit a 26B under that long bonnet or did Mazda figure out a way to make the rotary perfect?
The new engine is called the 16X, apparently it's been ready for a while but they've just finally decided to build a chassis for it.

It's similar to the 13B but displaces 1.6 liters because of a "longer" (more eccentric) stroke. This might help with emissions by reducing the intake/exhaust overlap.

In a patent they filed recently they also decided to design the engine to be mounted upside down, so the exhaust ports are close the the top and the intakes are below. This should help with some of the heat issues the FD has with its twin turbo setup.

Yoire the one who doesn't understand what a gt is if you think a rx is one lol

you can't read very well.

>He thinks the rx is a grand tourer
And the corvette is a performance car LOL
So delusional

wat?