Am i a fag for wanting to import a VL Commodore to the US?

Am i a fag for wanting to import a VL Commodore to the US?
How much would that run and what legal channels do i need to go through?

Im in California so im not sure how it would work especially with Smog

Step 1: Find an importer who does this commonly. They will know all the red tape to go through to import a car.
Step 2: Even though, since it's 25 years old, it's legal to import, You do have to consider California emissions. In California, only cars 1975 or older are exempt, so it WILL have to meet emissions. You can probably meet emissions by throwing a catalytic converter on. It also means that if it's a 1988+ model, you WILL have to convert to OBD1 at the least since that's when it was mandated.

Something else to consider is that the VL Commodores are RHD, which can be really annoying in America. The was around this is to cut out the firewall and weld in the firewall of a German market Opel Omega, and then put it back together with a mixture of VL and Omega parts. This converts the car to LHD. IIRC, programmable ECU's are illegal in California, but nowhere else in America so that should be taken into account as well.

If you weren't in California, you'd have a much easier time with this.

Habib do a dose in the hectic VL, STU STU STU STU

Well fuck.

Guess ill just buy a Crown Vic or a Caprice

VL commodores are overrated, dont buy one

bonus points for 2011+ Caprice.
>dat 6.0L V8
>Dat Australian chassis
Just be sure to check it for killer animals that may have come over with it, like spiders.

They already have cat converters

Don't you dare, you wanna be a sickcunt or a shitcunt?

Pfft yanks can't handle the power of a VL anyway. Especially not a faggy californian.

americans could use cadillac catera parts instead of opel omega

And if you crash one, you're gonna die

I wanna be a sikk cunt but with that money i may as well just buy a S/C for my truck with acessories and rebuild the trans to handle the power

Its like a caprice with lumina parts and maybe some alero headlights.

>(you)

>wanting to ever do anything car related in commiefornia

no

woah that rare GTR vl commo

Well considering the Cadillac Catera has absolutely nothing to do with first generation Commodores, I don't how that'd be possible.

Not at all. They're a fantastic car. There is already a few over there.

Check out facebook dot com slash USAVL

opel omega and cadillac catera are the same car. unless he meant the early omega. which he obviously did, and i'm retarded. whoops

Do it. Before they become expensive

>Im in California
Why are so many of you retards living in the worst state for car enthusiasts?