Is it true that the lack of a cupholder is a dealbreaker for an American?

Are these features really that important?

For me? Yes, since I work and live in my car most of the time. For most people? I rarely meet people who see cupholders as dealbreakers.

What cars don't have cupholders anyway?

Yes I recently switched to an older car and I'm kinda inconvenienced by now having only 2 cup holders instead of 6.

My 1978 Corvette.

Z32

Where the fuck can i get that cup holder table thing?!?!

do you understand how much of a game changer that is everytime i go eat at mcdonalds i never go in because it takes too much effort to get out of my car and back in

No. I don't like drinking in my car.
T. texas

My 1988 acura legend had no cup holders

I think at some point the US made it mandatory that all cars come equipped with cup holders

I bought my car not knowing they had cupholders. I found them by accident.

any lotus, even the evora

even my miata has 4

My pickup has 6 cup holders

Bottled drinks only.

I remember themy fitting nicely right where your ass met the belt buckle

Meant to reply to

A lot of 70s/80s cars. I never found it to be a big deal, if I'm going on a longer Sunday drive I'll wedge a water bottle between the seats and center column.

my car has one cupholder and it's for the backseats

nah. a lot of them can't even own cars now because of their 3 jobs not being able to pay for their 2 kids.

the ones who have a car have such horrible suspension that the diet cherry moutain dew would go flying everywhere

I doubt many Americans see anything as trivial as this as a deal breaker. I personally avoid eating or drinking in my car, just because I find it distracting and if I fuck up and spill it'd be a pain in the ass. That and small german cupholders cant hold anything american sized, one quick braking and your cup is in the passengers seat.

If anything you aren't from Texas because its so fucking hot and humid need a goddamn water to go anywhere

just toss a bottle of water on the seat beside your or under the passenger side seat

My MR2 has no cupholders

Space between door and seat works though

Lexus LFA doesn't have one

whoever brings a drink inside an LFA needs to be gassed

My fox has a grand total of zero cupholders. It does have those little circular indentations on the back of the glove compartment door though.

>diet cherry moutain dew
That's not a thing.

The Cupholder Wars were primarily driven by people who had hellspawn to take to soccer practice. Given that brats are unable to focus on keeping an item upright for longer than five seconds, yet always want something to drink, cupholders are vitally important.

For everybody, else they are handy spots for phones, change, receipts, and just general crap that you don't necessarily want in your pocket at the time.

i drive a lot for long time period and having a drink is needed for having a good trip specially when it's hot

My truck has 4 cupholders and recently ive been wanting to somehow add 1-2 more

>hasnt used one of those fancy mix-your-own soda machines

God i love those things, i wish i had one

>i dont believe in condensation
wet seats are fun times

I never had a problem with the lack of a cupholder until I owned something that didn't have one. I wouldn't say it's a dealbreaker, but I certainly miss it for a long trip when I have to put what I'm drinking between my legs.

'85 RX-7 had none
>those little circular indentations
Ditto on those, whatever they were good for

my 525i 1995 e34 didnt have any, slightly disappoint

It's true. But today apps and screens are the dealbreakers.

Im pretty sure that pic is a late 90s ford expedition.

having nowhere to put your coffee on the way to work kinda sucks.

>be ausfag
>have american friend
>he literally calls any car without a cup holder a piece of shit
>doesnt want to have to hold something

100%, not that I've ever seen a car in Burgerland without one

cupholder are cool, but only drinks, i can not live with myself if i get food all over my interior.

My coffee mug never fit in my cupholders so instead of getting a new mug i just learned to drive one handed.

>no cupholders

Where do you put your beer?

My AW11 doesn't. My turd gen didn't either.

>Is it true that the lack of a cupholder is a dealbreaker for an American?
>Are these features really that important?

"Dealbreaker" isn't the right term. There's just certain expectations that you'd expect a car to have because it's fairly simple for the manufacturer to do like a radio, cruise control, adjustable seats/wheel, remote trunk unlock, etc. When a car lacks these things, it just feels like oversight or laziness when it's something as simple molding a place to put a drink, it just seems like they don't even care.

1987 Porsche 944S

what's with Burgers and their meme cups anyway?

normal bottles are so much more practical in literally every way.

>My coffee mug never fit in my cupholders so instead of getting a new mug i just learned to drive one handed.

New cars have cuphlders that allow coffee mugs with their handles to fit. Usually, there are two cupholders with a wide slit between them. That slit accommodates the cup handle. So you really can finish drinking that hot cup of coffee as you walk out from your kitchen to the car to go to work.

>shift to second gear
>slam into drink in my cupholder

i miss you, shitbox sonoma

I mean, maybe if you moved in from outta state.
I don't go out much during the day, I work graveyard at Walmart.

I had a 1966 mustang with no cup holders and would pickup a meal regularly before work here is a reoccurring problem I had:
>go to drive through
>"i'd like a meal please"
>"here is your drink, sir"
>suddenrealization.jpg
>now I have to drive an unsynchronized stick shift with no power steering or breaks with one fucking hand and takumi the fuck out of it trying not to spill that shit
so yes OP, cup holders are pretty important

No. I'm annoyed with my mustang for having them, or at least for them being in the center console. While it would be nice to have one that pops out or remains otherwise hidden so I can use it to carry a drink from one location to another, I don't need one that allows me to easily access the drink while driving.

Bmw Z3 might as well not have any. Can't fit fucking anything in them.

Maybe a red bull can.

My legacy GT doesn't have cupholders because the broke off. Does that count?

I have a stripped s13 that I don't know if it had them originally, and a mk3 supra that is bone stock super mint and I also have no idea if it has cupholders, then there's the bike, it's crazy the amount of cupholders on that thing.

Out of my 5 cars 4 do not have a cup holder, my brothers jeep doesn't have a cup holder either.
I don't see it as an issue at all.

I like the part where I would smash my drink with the ebrake

all the JDM cars ive owned dont have them, my Toyota Crown, Toyota Hilux, and Toyota Supra all dont have any cupholders. my 3/4 ton Chevy Silverado has 6 of them, go figure

the Crown i ended up getting one of the cupholders that attaches to the blower vents, works fine

Put the fucking drink between your legs holy shit what the fuck?????????

where dem badges at senpai

On the E82 BMW 1 Series they were an optional extra.

I go to Wendy's more now that I can get about 10 different Mello Yello flavors. Days of Thunder for life!

>BIG GULP MAN IT'S ALL ABOUT THE BIG GULP

>even my miata has 4

that's not stock
stock miatas don't have any

You realize people who own nice cars occasionally want to drive them more than 10 miles right? If I had an LFA I'd drive it all over the fucking place, and having a bottle of water is nice

>Europeans dont drive enough to even need a cup holder.

Poor Euro.

holy shit
i know that feeling during stalls from stationary when i forget it's in gear

Stock NA Miatas maybe. Since the NB1 every model has had cupholders.

no cupholders or even a glovebox

>be American
>gawd-dam it's been a whole hour since my last meal
>hit up the drive through
>get me a McNasty with an extra side of sat fats and cholesterol
>gawd-dam hippy motherfucker car only has eight cupholders and I'm on meal nine
>nowhere to put my five gallon shake
>while deciding what to do the guy behind me gets pissed because his grease levels are low
>pulls out his gun and shoots me

Come talk to me when the number of cupholders exceeds the number of possible occupants.

Spoken like a true tripfuck who doesn't know what a clutch is and has never operated one.

Almost all 80-90s cars from nippon

+1

I like how Ferd does it. My Ferd has 2 by the prindle handle and then two more for the rear seats on the center console. So if I get McD's breakfast, I will get muh Diet Coke to drink with the food and that takes up one cupholder. Then an ashtray in the second main cupholder. Then I order a coffee and leave it in one of the rear cupholders and it reaches the perfect temp by the time I'm done eating my McMuffin.

Murrica.

He's a furry

>using furry as all-purpose argument like others use "raycis"

He's just an annoying shit that happens to be a furfag on top of it

The only people who buy single cab trucks are fleet buyers. Fleet buyers need room for blue collars to bring 6 AM coffees to the job site for other people.

Racists deserve no recognition for their accomplishments, unless they benefit non-racists.

>would pickup a meal regularly before work
murrica

No cupholders aren't a dealbreaker for me but they are a nice thing to have when on a 4+ hour trip

I have 3 manual cars you dumb fuck, you can still hold a drink between your legs fine god damn you stupid nigger

mk3 supras

where do you get those? I want to get one but i just can't find them

>buy car with no cupholders
>people stop drinking shit in my car and spilling everywhere

huh

Seriously though who doesn't drink a takeaway coffee in their car sometimes? I often do when I'm starting work at 7 in the morning.

And sometimes I just want to buy junk food and come home and pig out while stoned in privacy. I need a cupholder for the coke.

Still not really a dealbreaker for me but all cars should have at least one cupholder

I use my cupholder for coins.

Lexus LFA, which Clarkson winged about.

Any 80s BMW

>tfw no cupholder
Hi C.

where can a burger obtain one like this

My 81 rabbit pickup, I've spilt so many redbulls trying to shift while keeping the can between my legs

I like to have a sippy in my car, it's also hot as hell and with A/C I also like to quench my thirst comfortably.

I didn't have a cup holder until my third car...
And I didn't daily a car wit a cup holder until my 4th.
As I eat at least one meal a day in my truck, it is nice to have one though.

How do you like it though? I'm thinking of getting a diesel one for dem empeegees, but they sound slow

I'm not a cupholder whore but I like at least two, one for a coffee/red bull/soda and one for a bottle of water. Having zero cupholders would be a dealbreaker for me in a daily driver. That being said sheer number of cupholders is a stupid metric, especially in SUVs where often four of them are only accessible to the rarely used third row of seats and six of them (2 door pockets + center seat fold down armrest has 2 + if you flip the lid of the center console back towards the back seat they get another two) and that's just fucking dumb.

Driver cupholders not being able to accomodate coffee cups with handles without being awkward/blocking the shifter is also a major detractor.

I've haven't owned a car with a cupholder yet. It's not a big deal, because I usually don't but drinks when I get food. When I do though, I just put in between my legs, or on the floor and drive carefully.

If the car is an economy car/commuter the goal is practicality and comfort. If it feels bare bones then you might as well DD a sports car.

>mfw my DD has 12 cupholders

Rover 45

Shut up, fuckwit. You don't belong here. You evidently can't drive.