>baiku ticked over 13000 mi today on the ODO
>tfw I wasn't paying attention and didn't get a pic

Here ya go

I wish it was white, or blue, but hey beggars can't be choosers

traded the 1050 for an 800 why?

>mfw I missed my quints because I was a scrub
Only 3000 more miles till the next one

its a sharp lookin bike for sure.
the real question though.. whats the first farkle?

>tfw tig ol chicken strips

Because offroadan

because your other 976 bikes couldn't do that?

Tiger 800s are not intended for offroad use

Not in the same way

Probably pannier brackets but I'll just leave it be for awhile.

>spoked wheels
>pretend fender up high
>skidplate on the bottom
definitely an offroader

Neat man. Congrats on the new Tiger.

Say, plan on keeping this one indefinitely?

repost because new thread

broken ex500 user from a couple threads ago here, shot the guy two texts today and he never responded, would this listing be an alright alternative?

lexington.craigslist.org/mcy/5702467985.html

also how the fuck do you () get these videos? helmet action cam?

We'll see how the bonding process goes. I really like it so far and can see keeping it for the duration as long as nothing crazy happens with it.

Tfw it's a piece of shit, but it's my piece of shit
My first baiku! Nabbed it for 740 along with an extra carbuerator

If you're the same faggot from this afternoon congrats, how does it ride?

Looks beautiful

>inb4 honda maymay

Dirt bike

traded my car that blew its engine 500 miles later for my piece of shit and other than the usual small problems that come with most 99 srads, my piece of shit is strong as fuck and shows no signs of slowing down

Thanks, hoping to trigger rossi poster
Yes I am that same faggot from earlier today, rides really nice. No issues whatsoever mechanically the lady just had a kid and needed to get rid of it. Will need a rear tire and clutch cable but my roommate works a cycle gear so I can get all that stuff at manufacturer cost :^)

That ninja 250 would be an alright starter bike. A little small and slow for the highway but it'd be fine for riding around town and rural roads out in the country. As long as you don't crash it then it shouldn't depreciate any more than it already has so you would be able to sell it for the same price even after you put a few thousand more miles on it.

What model is it?

Y'all should come out tonight
>r3 user are you here?

It's an '81 cm400, the lady lowered it to fit her which works out for me cause I'm also vertically challenged
Got enough balls to pull away onto Florida state roads but not too much that I'm afraid of cranking the throttle

>that
>a toegay

just put my bike up on the scales. 357 lbs with enough gas for one race. 3 lbs above the MotoAmerica Supersport minimum. by the end of winter i should be down to 330 flat, with stock wheels.

Dear god another cb/cm400/450 twin cuckboi

>already making people mad

>those carbs
i have a 4 set. such a fun puzzle

fun

>drives a ferd superduty
>posts anime fagetry

So what do you guys do when you've sweated out your leather gloves 100 times and they get really stinky? Is there any way to clean them and get the stank out? I stored them with dryer sheets stuffed inside and that helped for a while but it's apparently gotten so bad now that even the dryer sheets can't keep the stink under control.

Not mad i just feel sorry for you :)

that's my mates ford ranger, he hates anime

lukewarm water and a little bit of soap is what i've always done. let them soak and absorb the soap a wee bit, and then dry for a day or two

Sounds good, I'll give that a try.

I just throw them in the washer with my clothes.

>tfw can't stop making bad decisions

what's the stock weight?

shit man, that was too close

407 lbs with a full tank, so somewhat less with equivalent fuel load

I honestly can't/couldn't tell if I was just grossly misjudging how quickly I was gaining on him or if he just hit the brakes for no reason

you lost a pretty nice chunk of weight then

This is the 675?

Looks like a bit of both, it's hard to tell though.

>tfw my bikes end up gaining weight as I add """"upgrades"""" and accessories

yes. i have big plans for it still

When my Stronk rolls another thousand, I reach down to the fairing and pat it like a horse. The first time I did it, it was totally subconsciously. The funny thing is, I haven't been on a horse in about 20 years.

>tfw hearing buzzing coming from down the street, presumably from the neighbor's ninjette doing burnouts or some shit
If that sound really is a motorcycle I'm thoroughly displeased. The sound is like that of someone holding their finger in one of those handheld foam fans as it spins.

I do that too lmao.

Nice man, where is most of the shed weight coming from? Fairings?

>the year of our Ford 153
>not putting retarded low sweep bars and a 300000mm wide rear tire on your cruiser
you just don't understand modern style

he looks so uncomfortable.
>that squat
>that hunch
>those low, wide bars almost touching his knees

>year of our Ford

ayy

I have got to save up some leave and come shit bike with you for a few days. I won't get mad at rocks again. I promise.

C&C Generals Chinese builder: "We have BIG PLANS."

that looks extremely comfortable for a 40 some thing year old man

going to fairings without lights/mirrors and with a one piece tail probably saves 10 lbs, and the exhaust is another 10+. removing all the miscellaneous stuff like radiator fan, emissions shit, street equipment, chain guard, etc is another 10. the rest would come from lightweight chain and sprockets, stripping the street circuits from the wiring harness, lightweight rearsets, levers, and bars, front fairing stay, stuff like that all add up but its all expensive.
my next round of weight loss will be the really radical stuff. going to Catalyst Composites' ultralight bodywork, building a full exhaust out of .020 wall inconel, removing the entire subframe and seat and making a monocoque out of dry carbon fiber, and maybe forming a narrow aluminum fuel tank. lighter brake rotors, aluminum axles and related hardware. i could knife edge and rebalance the crank also. if i get real desperate i'll use aluminum hardware everywhere i can.

That bike is made for riding directly to the preferred biker's hang out bar on Saturday nights so you can park it right up front and show it off to everyone else who shows up. It's not supposed to be ridden for more than 20 mins at a time so it doesn't have to be comfortable.

>he literally can't keep up but he thinks dumping thousands of dollars to lose a pound will save him

Do it to it man we can do some NMBDR

Sounds like cuckboi shit

>mfw dragged pegs on my ride through mountains today

Was practicing trailbraking. I want to go to a track.

He's a real biker riding a real bike doing real biker things, I wouldn't expect YOU to understand anything about it.

Too bad I will never be a real biker. At least I enjoy riding my motorcycle though.

>extra balls hanging down off your pegs only to reduce ground clearance and make you scrape earlier
>people brag about those barely touching the ground
Why do those even exist?

Mite B cool. Also found out AMTRAK's car train is just a DC to FL snowbird import/export thing. I wonder if I could somehow convince them to put my DR in a baggage car if I clean it up nicely.

Why do yellow Ninjettes make me smile?
desmoines.craigslist.org/mcy/5753879910.html

To save your footpegs. If you think the ones on my bike are bad take a look at the fz07.

>can't even tell they're scraped
>tfw my friend has ripped holes in three pairs of jeans walking next to my bike because my peg feelers are so fucked up
get on my level bitch boi

by the time the bike is ready, i hope to be on pace. if i'm still dropping seconds every weekend, its too soon to determine how competitive i'll be once the laptimes stabilize.

honestly i'm not looking for raw laptimes as much as i am looking for a power/weight advantage to be able to pass more powerful B and A class bikes where theres few good opportunities. right now i get stuck behind more powerful but slower bikes all the time, and cant stick passes with so much less power.

or you could just remove the knobs and nothing would be scraping 99% of the time. or you could just beef up the pegs a bit and they would take the scrape directly.

>mfw my pegs survived countless lowsides, drops, slams, etc.

fug u why u have more bikes than me

>simplify and add lightness
Good luck. Even though you're a rich bitch, I want to see you do well. May be because of the Bakuon sticker though, something about the absurdity of a poster on the ass hole of the Internet being a competitive moto racer is entertaining to me.

>beef up pegs
Like the OEM pegs on my V-Stronk? The right-side peg bent the fucking mount in a high side with minimal scraping and the hinge works perfectly.

There's a bar about 5 miles away from my house that's a pretty popular "biker" hangout. They have 2 parking lots, one for cars and a separate parking lot just for motorcycles that is always full of chromed out cruisers (mainly Harleys but there are always a few custom choppers and jap cruisers there too). It's in a pretty wealthy area so I figure the majority of "bikers" who frequent the place are white collar types who had a mid life crisis and bought a Harley and matching pirate outfit. I've always wondered what would happen if I parked my Japanese dual sport right up front in the motorcycle lot and walked in there wearing ATGATT.

If I'm honest I'd rather just replace the whole thing and throw some different rearsets on there. The stock pegs on the FZ8 have a lot of flex to them where they mount to the bike and its rather annoying.

Probably have to crate it like you are shipping it, remove both wheels and strap it to a pallet.

I've still only got the 4

I have an issue boys, I love my Nuda, but I want a supersport, (1000cc) bike, but I can't have both, what do. Also I really fucking love my Nuda, and I really want a supersport.

Why not both?

Hold up, R3 lives in the Bay?

>84
>not a tooj
Ok there takumi.

i'm not rich though, just consumed. i'm like Burt Monroe, who would sleep in his shed in order to buy or build more go-fast parts. the rich guys are buying $6000 turn key motor builds to get 125whp from their R6s or having a set of forks built for the 3rd time this year. i do 100% of my own work except dyno tuning, and put in just about my whole paycheck every week. i'm about to sell my KTM to jump-start the project

Dragging kickstands and exhausts is bad.

This shit is a questionable investment in amateur car racing but it strikes me as downright retarded in amateur bike racing where a random national level pro could probably annihilate everyone on a bone stock road bike.

¿Porque no los dos?

>crate/pallet
Hell for all that trouble I'd rather just buy a cheapshit windscreen and deal with the buffeting for 18 or so hours.

Damn son. But you have access to some cool toys, like that CNC machine and the like. I was kind of like that with my Miata. Dumped a shit load of money into it but because I'm a failure at things it turned into a PoS. Fast PoS, but a PoS nevertheless.

>autocorrect corrects CNC to CNN
So my phone is a Democrat. That explains things.

>out riding this afternoon
>ATGATT + hot & humid weather
>stop at a RaceTrac to fuel up
>after getting gas I go inside and get a blue powerade from fountain drink dispenser
>go to pay for it, guy working the register says, "nah you're good man, enjoy your motorcycle ride"
>I go sit outside the store on a bench in the shade and enjoy my free powerade

Today was just an awesome day of riding, the free drink was like icing on the cake.

Money, and space.

cedarrapids.craigslist.org/mcy/5753681582.html
>those graphics
Damn I miss the 90s sometimes.

Noice!

Do you want comfy tork nuda or balls to wall supersport that you cant ride 100%

the way i see it, the bike is just starting to be a factor at the top end of the novice classes, for two similarly skilled riders. and theres usually no breakout stars in novice that are 2 seconds faster than the field. i want to be in the best position possible to run at the front from the very beginning next year and campaign for the overall novice championship, and i want to win it in the literbike classes. that'll put me in a better position as a rookie expert, because the highest level of competition in the club is MotoAmerica 600 riders beating up on the literbike riders who have reached their personal limits in Formula 1. for me its all about timing. if i become competitive 6 months into next season, i might just get bumped to expert from the 5th spot having won nothing and then i'm playing catchup my entire rookie expert year. rookie expert is the last chance most riders get to win anything after making expert, so i could have two good seasons in a row or zero.

for what its worth i'm trying to lose 25 lbs myself, so its not a trivial performance difference we're talking about. more than 10% plus whatever power i can extract.

So.. figure out how to make more money then you'd be able to afford 2 bikes and move somewhere with a bigger garage.

Hey /dbt/ I read an article recently that stated that supersport sales are on the decline. Why is this? Affordable naked bikes with good power stealing the supersport market?

I personally went from an FZ09 to an R6 and I must say, while the power is similar, the R6 feels like it's on rails in the twisties.

>Healthcare costs are stupid high
>insurance is stupid high
>hipsters want nakeds in droves
>less riding, more coffee shops
That's what I attribute it to anyway.

>IHOP having all the bad-in-a-good-way 80s tunes on
I have been here almost two hours because of this.

Maybe people finally realized riding a supersport on the road is shit?

You could always just fly down and ride the XR

That would work, too. Thanks for the offer; we'll see what I can get for time off next year before it gets hot again. I'm not going to have all that much since I'll be burning a bunch to go see my mom in FL for Christmas, but being here they've been awesome about having people take time off.

I've got 350 miles on the R6 now and I can't say it's that uncomfortable. My lower back is a little more sore than usual, which I'll get used to, otherwise I'm fine, even after a 100 mile trip.

If you're talking about an excessive amount of power, well then, to me personally I like that. It's fun af being able to flick the wrist and fly away. Admittedly the only uncomfortable aspect of my R6 is the insanely high rebound on the rear shock, which once softened up a bit should make it better

I want both, also, I ride 100% wherever I go, I just memorize cop spots, etc.
Studying a bachelors, so can't rly do much in terms of jobs/moving

supersports mainly appeal to younger riders

Entry level jobs these days don't pay very well so most of those younger riders can't afford a new bike but there are plenty of 5+ year old used supersports for sale with low miles in good condition that can be bought for less than 1/2 the price of a brand new supersport. Naked bikes are also gaining in popularity which is hurting sport bike sales as well.

Hello frand. This is my first. 78. Ive done some work on it but its running well except it eats oil, but its expected.

What year is yours?