Just bought one of these. What am I in for, Veeky Forums?

Just bought one of these. What am I in for, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ioy1zeB49sU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I seriously hope it has warranty.

nope

Mercedes and Audi are more reliable. Enjoy tho.

That's simply not true at all

But that's just wrong.

>no warranty

Ur fuked m8

>2009
>over 100k miles

Wow you really fucked up.

>no ecoboost

>7 year old bmw
>106k miles
>no warranty
Oh shit nigger, are you actually retarded?

mercedes maybe. audi? haha. no.

Nah ahh, guise!

It costs 2 more grand to get a basic warrant for 4 years/40000k miles. Should I do it?

unless that warranty covers some basics like brake pads and oil changes is pretty much a waste of money.
My 10 year old 325i has 200k miles on it and I've never had huge issues with it, most of the problems were electrical, with some issues with pumps but nothing that has affected the cars ability to drive.

Pro tip though don't use the retracting mirrors because those fuckers break

The E90 is actually very reliable but this board is just full of retards parroting generalizations anyway. That said I would not buy a 100k mile E90

Thank you, bro. I actually plan to drive it no more than 80 miles a week as i have another older shittier mazda. So hopefully it's not a money pit

Should be fairly safe then, given the age of the car anything really serious *should* have surfaced by now. For the last 7 years or so my 325i did an average of 55mi a day so 80 a week should be no problem for that car. Definitely find a local mechanic that either specializes in BMW or is familiar with german cars, never take it to the dealer as they will hose you for all you're worth.

A fun driving experience and an empty bank account

damn man I didn't think 7 years was old for a car as the last car i owned was a 2000 and just sold it

Just going off personal experience, age is all relative to what you have driven, for me its my '06.

>not an M

If you're going to go big, go big.

>3 series

JUST

youtube.com/watch?v=ioy1zeB49sU

>when your new bimmer gets absolutely wrecked by an elder whom is older than you are.

Even bugatti can't step up.

I've actually driven one
>No rear window or shoulder visibility due to massive B pillars
>flaccid signal switch with absolutely 0 feedback
>massive steering wheel that blocks the speedometer over 60 km/h and indicator lights
>tiny side mirrors
>I still couldn't figure out how to unlock the passenger doors from the inside
>almost no headroom

I almost forgot
>if you suddenly can't open the trunk electronically, check to see if the valet switch in the glovebox has been toggled on
>the dashboard will light up like a christmas tree if you change any OEM component

The penny and the pound. Congrats!

dude the chassis code means nothing. Since OP's is an LCI 328i, it will be no less reliable than a normal car of that age.

If he had an early non LCI 335i he'd be fucked, however.

>what am i in for
A nice ride and some pussy?

Who needs a warranty?
Last time we got a warranty on a car the dealer didn't wanna fix the problem saying it was somehow our fault and we had to wrestle with them to get them to replace the output seal on the trans.
Once they finally decided they would do it, it took them two weeks to get the job done and car back to us.
Warranties are fur cucks, it's easier and faster to just fix any problems you run into yourself.
(That is if you're not a helpless faggot who can't turn a wrench)

that's what Elliot Rodger thought

A pretty mediocre car? Not bad but kinda like a fancy camry with rwd and a manual. Not a fan of the sensatec, being a 328i its got an n51 so sulev. Idk, an okay car? I mean its what my mom drives. My brother has the e92. Both dead reliable. I just went M cuz fuck it.

Oh and bmws are very reliable (less cooling systems), they rape u on parts like horrifically, shop around online when u need shit. Fuck the dealer.

>no warranty

BMWs are the type of cars I wouldn't dare buy unless I had a garage of my own and knew how to work on them, also warranty is a meme because you're gonna have to visit a dealer anyway and they'll do anything to jew you.

If you know mechanics garages, or know how to do basic shit like fluid changes/wrenching/replacing bolt on parts then you'll be fine.

It's more of a gamble because you have no clue how the car has been driven for the entirety of its existence or what's been done to it.
It could either last you for another 100k miles with nothing serious breaking, or your transmission could shit itself and without knowing how to repair it yourself you'll be out of a few k.
BMWs aren't magically unreliable and trash, it's a case of normies buying them and not bothering with regular maintenance that's required since there are many highly engineered parts with tight tolerances and what not.

gas yourself furfaggot

lmao did you actually just call someone else a cuck?

also this, don't be that retard who follows everything the dealer tells him.
90% of what they charge you is for labor & they inflate the fuck out of prices because why not.
oil changes are the most easy to jew normies out of & charge hundreds of dollars because they assume it's some ultra complicated task, yet it costs like 30 bucks to get a full bottle of high quality 5w30 and all you need is a wrench or a strong hand & a pan & can to drain it into.

protip: dont use flushing liquids

Cool if it's a manual, cancer if it's auto.

LA is filled to the brim with automatic 328i's.

pic

>15711615
bla bla bla wouldnt touch a bmw
herp a derp derp better save you rmoney
durr hurr everything will break but i can't specify exactly what