You have an unlimited sum of money and build an engine at 1000hp for street use. Did you choose rotary or piston?

you have an unlimited sum of money and build an engine at 1000hp for street use. Did you choose rotary or piston?

Other urls found in this thread:

dragzine.com/news/john-mihovetz-lowers-ford-mod-motor-record-to-a-blistering-5-88/
popularmechanics.com/technology/a21324/engine-startup-liquidpiston-powers-a-go-kart-with-a-4-pound-engine/
youtube.com/watch?v=k8jUl7oG03g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

e-motor

Piston because I could actually daily drive it

Pistons for street use definitely

Look at VR38s, they drive like factory cars even with 1000+hp

Rotaries get less streetable the higher the HP

What makes an engine un-streetable?
Cam?

gas turbine

3 rotor because I am not a cuck

I'd build some kind of retarded turboshaft powered car because it's not my money.

Armature

Yeah. Cammed piston engines remain easier to drive at low speed than cammed rotaries

>cammed rotaries

this is how retarded pisston cucks are

That's the joke

Do you really think I believe that rotaries have cams?

Thanks for falling for my ruse you dumbass

Twin turbo 4 rotor. 1000 horsepower isn't going to particularly streetable regardless of the engine, though. Enjoy smoking your tires with 1% throttle position.

AGT1500 swapped Miata when?

>damage control

ehh, i'd probably go for the pistons
rotaries are too high maintenance.
rather spend time driving then rebuilds all the time

>gets called a retard for being a retard
>>d-damage c-control

>says something retarded
"b-but it was on purpose"

>what is g earing
damn nigga you are FUCKING STUPID

Na rotary
The r26b was capable of 900hp but was detuned for fairness with the pistoncucks
The most reliable engine ever to win le mans, still within 1/3rd of the upper levels of wear tolerance after the race (so able to run another 48 hours at the very least) while all the pistonshit engines were literal scrap metal

Piston.

It was a fucking joke you nigger

he thinks he caught you in a mistake and it made his day
let him have it

Ur fken lief is a jk,, ngga

hello red-dit

>le reddit meme
Hello newfag

Rotary, because the only maintenance I'll ever have to do is regular oil changes, and adding 2 stroke to my gas every fill up.

>not a 20valve 8barrel 1cylinder 2cycle

Turbo LS duh why the fuck would you pick anything else

>furry

into the trash

Turbo LS will make 1000 hp easy and last years trouble free with good internals, it's a no brainier 2bh pham

Brainer* lol phoneposting

>furry

into the trash

So just use a Corvette transmission and don't use any of the gears below 5th? I guess that would work.

I want a fucklong V24 piston engine

>last year's trouble free
No it won't
Its no more reliable at that level of power than a Honda 4 banger

How can you be so wrong?
I guess the Bugatti should have been an I4 instead eh?
Stupid engineers.

Bugaddi is a quad turbo w16
Different ball game friendo

Yeah but a quad turbo w16 would last just as long as a pumped up i6 at the same power levels xaxaxaxaxaxxa
Stupid anonposters

Only if you can select how much power you want.
>Comfort=500hp
>Sport=650hp
>Track=800hp
>Race=1000hp
Then, and only then, can your claim be true.

Faggot.

Piston.

All steel big block V8 with a supercharger. It should be reliable and street-usable.

>2500hp V8s out there
>doesn't think that same motor will be fine at 1000hp
Bro just stop.
Seriously.

How many rotors can I use?

rotary with pistons hybrid
quad dual turbo

>2500hp v8
That shares absolutely nothing with any production engine bevause everything has been custom made from scratch

>MUH 2500HP LS
>Lol jks it's actually a custom 8l block with two basketball size turbos

Bro does the OP say anything at all about the brand or model of the engine?
Fucking tarded weaboos

>you have an unlimited sum of money

>The r26b was capable of 900hp but was detuned for endurance purposes
ftfy

Also unlimited sum of money for maintenance and fuel? Rotary.

If not, pistons.

An engine as long as you want pham

More than that.

>furfaggot

into the trash

not true
dragzine.com/news/john-mihovetz-lowers-ford-mod-motor-record-to-a-blistering-5-88/

>stock modular block

btw, there is no stock oem LS block running 5's, because GM a shit

>Trying to street the vehicle
>The engine calls for almost daily redlines to stay healthy
>1000 hp Engine that requires redlines....

Yeah I can see the issue.

Supercharged, meth injected rotary so I can sound like a jet engine

>unlimited sum of money
>picks a turbo LS

LS

If this isn't an exaggeration let me ask:
Why would a 1000hp engine need high revs to stay "healthy"? Oil pressure etc?

Rotaries need daily redlines.

The redline a day thing is just an excuse to drive like an asshole. Rotaries aren't required to be redlined, they just don't give a shit if they are. Piston engines don't like to be operated at redline for extended periods of time.

Rotary Build up carbon due to the much higher AFR of the engine. As such people Red line there rotary to prevent Carbon build up.

>1000hp
>street use

fuck off

The main things would be heat building up in slow traffic (unless it's fitted in the back of a pickup or something), no power till spoolup/on the cam then a big surge of it, horrible fuel consumption, elevated wear on pretty much everything, probably the use of rear mounted radiators or fuel cells eating into interior space, strengthening required of everything possibly making the daily driving experience much harsher.

Heres all you need to know.

Carbon doesn't have anywhere to build up except on the 13B-MSP with its side exhaust ports. Carbon fouling the exhaust valves of a piston engine is a much bigger concern.

Piston. I like torque, drivability, and dependability.

Rotary. I like performance and I'm not a cuck

popularmechanics.com/technology/a21324/engine-startup-liquidpiston-powers-a-go-kart-with-a-4-pound-engine/

That's not from normal operation. I've opened up a lot of rotary engines and never seen anything close to that. I'm guessing that was caused by oil ring failure or something dumb like premixing with hydraulic fluid.

2 stroke

Turbine.

NO U
I WUZ ONLY PRETENDING 2 BE REETURDED

An electric motor, of course.

A jet engine

Piston because you'd have to de-tune a lot of TT or even some NA V8's to make "only" 1000hp. Whereas a rotary that can't even keep its self together at factory levels.

Probably this de-tuned.

>like performance
>not a cuck
>posts a 3hp minaturised lawnmower engine
lmao cuck

yes

NA 10 litre V16 pretty please

I'd choose electric.

I know it wasn't originally offered as an option, but I have an unlimited amount of money so I make the rules now.

A fucking lsx makes 800hp naturally aspirated and will last decades , a healthy 7k redline, unlimited torque in virtually all rev ranges

However, 1k hp for street use is overkill , even a 500hp car will never reach close to its limits

redpill a normie on what this is and how the fuck do i get it in my car because that is fucking awesome.

First is a Ford Barra I6
Second is a BMW V12, same one found in the McLaren F1 and 850

Glowing exhausts after dyno tests.

Turbo and exhaust getting very hot.

Exhaust getting very hot.

youtube.com/watch?v=k8jUl7oG03g
1.8 Golf will do the job just fine.

unlimited money? Id pay some scientists to make a Tesla with 1000hp all electric

Twin turbo LS engine, similar to what nelson racing engines builds

It's an unoriginal setup, i know, but there's a reason everyone runs them.

You'll need a kilohorsepower about 1 percent of 1 percent of the time on the street, so it's important to focus on low horsepower torque and driveability. With an LS engine properly spec'd out, it'll drive normally, quietly, quickly, predictably and reliably under vacuum. With appropriate tuning and setup, you can build boost quickly and have somewhat linear power output.

A 1000hp N/A or small displacement turbo engine on the street will suck to get running every morning. It wouldn't drive well until fully warmed up, and even then it won't cooperate at low/mid throttle or at low RPM.

Large displacement with mild boost is the only way to go for street power.

So it's now expensive meme pipes to show the fire passing through the pipes from within the engine? :(

>the everything is a meme meme

its just a side effect of high exhaust gas temps

>implying see-through pipes on a car to show the fire spreading through wouldn't be a meme

And ah damn, okay.

> 1000 hp rotary
> 400 ft lbs tq
> runs on apex seals

>1000hp v8
> runs on pump gas
> can do dozens of thousands of miles

>runs on apex seals

>rebuild every 70k miles or less
>and we're the cucks

You're forgetting that after Mazda won Le Mans they tore down the engine and found absolutely nothing wrong with it, and even said it could race another 24 hours just fine.

Wow a whole 48 hours of running motor?
That's special for a rotary eh?

> engine survived endurance race
> standing ovation.Jpg

When your engine burns oil by design it's easy to keep things lubricated, however it's barbaric

fur* a rotary

thanks bby just woke up

48 hours straight of having the absolute shit beaten out of it, and "another 24 hours" doesn't mean it's ONLY 24 more hours that it will run.