Work part time at autzone

>work part time at autzone
>outside helping dude with battery and here CRUUUUUUUUNCH
>look up and some minivan dragged it's entire side across the front left corner of my car
>guy backs up and tries to leave
>"HEY MOTHERFUCKER!" as I'm running over to him
>stops and realizes he fucked up
>its not his car
>no valid proof of insurance in car (expired 2015)
>call my insurance
>run his shit
>comes back valid to the registered owner
>100 percent at fault
>tries to give me cash
>tell him to fuck off since he tried to hit and run me now he can get fucked
>entire left side of his car is dented in and scratched up
>this is all that happened to mine

Would you have done anything different? Also how does insurance work? I've never been in a wreck in a 10 years so I don't even know

Did you have the police come out and write a report? If not you've opened a can of shit.

>>tell him to fuck off
You fucked up

Police should have been called for a report 100%

Well fortunately your car was already hideous so no big deal.

He drove off. Now what? There's no proof he did it now because you didn't have police there.
You're fucked now user. Sorry bout your Maro.

shouldve thanked him for making your car look a little better

tho I guess you did that by not getting the police involved

Insurance lady told me the police weren't needed since he admitted fault over the phone

as long as its recorded

But you guys do make a valid point he could just be like "no I never hit that guy" and Noone would be the wiser. Well fuck looks like i played myself

She recorded the whole thing and i snapped pictures of my car very clearing sitting in the lines. He admitted that he wasn't paying attention. I guess the claims already all said and done I just have to see the adjuster on Monday and get my money. This is was the catalyst though to get the entire thing painted like pic related

In other news I also changed my radiator today

>driving piece of shit old GM
>working part time at an automated store
I bet your paychecks go to that car every two weeks just to keep it running.

Also fuck that guy for trying to run

The exterior is the only thing needing restoration, the entire interior and drive train are fully restored however I did Crack my radiator today, and breat an exhaust manifold 2 weeks ago, but it was a junkyard cast iron manifold slapped on just to pass smog.

I work 8 days a month total at vatozone

>wah he scratched my no-paint
Who cares, faggot.

My impossible to match 25 year old metallic white is something to care about, you get another spray can and nobody knows shit.

Nigga it's a urethane bumper Goodluck finding it

Should have taken cash.

Dude's bumper is fucked up and he's either going to need body work from someone who knows their shit or the whole front clip replaced. Sounds like he's going to half-ass the body work himself though and use the settlement on a whole new paint job which I can't blame him for.

You should've called the police and had his ass handled.
I guess your state doesn't have mandatory insurance?

Nah I'm gonna have someone do it professionally. I'm gonna come out of pocket to have the rest of the body aligned while I'm at it and have the whole car painted, I've been wanting to for a while but have just been a lazy peice of shit.

>i work 8 days a month at autozone
thats fucking disgusting what are you 16 and in highschool?

Active duty milfag. I make like 530 a month doing it tbough plus huge discounts on shit and other intangible perks such as today I changed my radiator in the parking lot using entirely borrowed tools and a oil pan from the store then threw all the trash away in our dumpster. All in all the total was like 105 bucks installed and re filled with coolant

Possibly a side gig.

i couldnt live on a wage like that. i would lose my home and everything. though the perks seem pretty cool i have a buddy that works at oreilly and he says the same shit you do.
discounts on parts and such

pretty sure he means 530 plus his regular military salary

Well I make like 4700 a month total dude, autzone is basically a hobby

I would have taken the cash and get the insurance involved

You say that like it's a bad thing.

I would have (and did) do something differently: work for Advance Auto

That's a nice fucking car OP

Nice car OP.

If its in a private lot, in some states they won't come out, and its filed as no fault.

You got his plate?
Worst case,wait for vinbro thread and find out where he lives, his phone number... Dial up your revenge as nesasacry.
Also,quit your job,max pay at a parts job is shit pay,I get the "in teh industry" part,but it's a coin toss if some guy ten pay grades above you allows a dollar an hour raise.
Pic related,your bosses boss,all he has to do is check no raise box and not think about you for one more year.
t. former parts fag.

I have pictures of his ID, the registration, insurance, and car itself. Also I may quit here soon because I'm getting promoted at my other job so I may not need the money

gotta love the strength of american cars. even of something like their bumpers.

i had the trashman drive into my charger and it only left a "small" dent on the door even though it pushed my car a small distance.
the trashman's bullbar was completely fucked