Would it be possible to comfortably drive a GTR on a regular basis to work and to obtain groceries?

Would it be possible to comfortably drive a GTR on a regular basis to work and to obtain groceries?

Other urls found in this thread:

gtrlife.com/forums/topic/59409-basic-fluid-change-costs/
corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion/3650835-c7-zo6-blown-motor-with-6-miles.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes. And you can outperform corvette's at the same time

No.

That's kind of why most rich people buy one. It's a beater supercar for all weather.

Unlike most supers it's got an actual boot, so yeah. It's probably why I see so damn many in the parking lot at work.

Grandma does it.

You can but it doesn't have the best ride and is quite noisy in the cabin

If you can deal with those, it is a pretty good grocery getter

Yes. The 2017 GT-R was improved on so many areas especially the ride-quality. Look up the reviews and see what I'm taking about.

yes if you're rich.

gtrlife.com/forums/topic/59409-basic-fluid-change-costs/

yes, unlike corvettes, GTRs don't explode after just 6 miles

corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion/3650835-c7-zo6-blown-motor-with-6-miles.html

Yes.

The only one you shouldn't buy is the "Track Edition".

The Skyline GT-R was always the usable all weather sports car since the early 1970s.

wasn't this thread posted a few days ago

the whole point of the gt-r has always been to be a comfortable & practical street car that you can take to the track and lap good times with

This times a thousand. And engine out for major services

You must be a huge fag.

Why not use cheap fluid

Why not just put a piece of metal in the fan blade. I mean what could go wrong right?

nice hyperbole i bet you get mad pussy with that.

>4 seats
>awd
>fuckhueg

sure why not, basically what it's for

>basically what it's for
and to trigger GM fangirls

>You must be a huge fag.
>Whaaaa, mommy he doesn't like what I like!

Yes

The earlier year models of the R35 are pretty harsh to ride but the latest 2017 model is so well-tamed and comfortable unless you choose the Nismo version which is obviously for track racing, as the new chief director of the GTR called Tamura Hiroshi decided to give the normal version a softer and more luxurious character than ever.

digital dash is so cancerous. they should have given suede as an option

who the fuck thought the nissan beak was a good idea

Its gotten better but that shifter is just atrocious

I drove one a couple weeks ago. The driving experience is pretty raw. The 2017 is supposed to be more refined though. It's definitely DD-able . Also, maintaining a GTR as a DD would be expensive af. Oil changes are like $800, you'll need $2k for tires every 20k miles, transmission/diff fluid is >$1k, brakes are gonna run $3k too.

It's one thing to buy an R35, but they wouldn't be able to afford maintaining the car. I was gonna save up to buy one, but I'm gonna wait until I can comfortably afford owning one. In the meantime, a WRX will do the trick.

It has a big boot for lots of lil things but the opening is small so fitting one big thing won't work, even if it fits inside.

Good daily supercar thoigh

Those prices are fucked up.

it has none of the lines of a supercar. it looks more like a pony car with its flat nose.

the other day I was at a job interview, and I saw a GT-R in the parking lot in front of the building the interview took place in. I parked in front of it just for shits

I coincidentally got back to my car at the same time as the guy who owned the GT-R. he was this goofy looking guy in his mid 40's with a mustache and glasses, he kinda reminded me of ned flanders. he had on the outfit of a surgeon, so he probably works at, or owns one of the medical offices in the building.

so to answer your question, OP, you could probably daily drive a GT-R to get to work and get groceries if you have the money to maintain it

it wasn't supposed to look like a supercar, quite the opposite in fact

>gtrlife.com/forums/topic/59409-basic-fluid-change-costs/

I like how casually they talk about $1,500 oil changes.

It's not supposed to look like a European supercar. If you see some of the marketing materials and interviews out there they were fairly adamant that the design had to be "uniquely Japanese" and that it was "inspired by Gundam".

Why is the oil pricey? can't you use any dct fluid?

Do I YOLO my £100K on a GTR or buy a Scirocco and save the rest for a houe?

By a Gtr with a blown tranny for 30k can rebuild it wth racing spec parts. It'll be more fun.

Buy a house you fucking idiot

Wow. It just got better at last. I'm glad it looks less-truckish in interior design now.

House first, always - a car depreciates hard from the second you buy it.

Also you can spot used GTRs for £40-50k with decent mileage etc.

You can't read that well.

Couldn't I sleep in the GTR and use service stations for food and washing?

It's designed to comfortably benchrace other shitposters and their respective favourite memecar without actually owning one. But yes, I guess you can use it to get to work or the supermarket if you lose your bus pass.

>if you lose your bus pass.

Here's the catch - there's no bus route to where I work.

>shit ride
>noisy
>shit interior from a Versa
>cramped as fuck inside
>useless back seats
>tiny trunk
>expensive as fuck maintenance
>can literally only use certified parts and fluids from Nissan otherwise the computers throw a shit fit

Honestly the best DD supercar is probably the Porsche 911

For a higher price.

>2016 Nissan GTR MSRP - $102,770
>2016 Porsche 911 MSRP - $89,400

>2016

IT'S THE CURRENT YEAR

To be fair, the Germans invented only being able to use oem fluids or the computers freak out

Well I'd never buy a 2016 when it's nearly double the price of one slightly older.

And Nissan somehow perfected it

Maybe Porsche is just different than other German manufacturers, but their engines aren't as fragile and can take a beating
>30k kms oil change intervals
>can use launch control 50+ times in a row without the car overheating, throwing a shit fit, and going into limp mode

Point is that the 911 is cheaper. It's not 2007 anymore where the GTR sold for $60k

>point is that the 911 is cheaper

Maybe in America.

You'd never buy a GTR because you can't afford it new or used

Not at the moment but I'm close, I'll have it by Christmas when my December paycheck comes in.

Sure you will, buddy

And then you'll try to sell it when you see the repair and maintenance bills

I've factored in repair and maintenance bills, I earn enough.

We believe you

Cool, I don't give a shit - merely responding to this;
"never"

Where do you live where 911s are unobtainabley expensive but a GTR isn't?

What year are you looking at?

I didn't say 'unobtainabley expensive' - just more expensive.

Looking at 2012-2013's mostly - the 911's are more expensive in that bracket.

user if you really want to daily drive one of these, a 911 is far more forgiving and easy with maintenance. Stupid reliable as well, second to Lexus
Those older GTRs are pretty miserable on the road, the interiors are lacking and cramped and the DCT is jerky

But if it's a weekend car, go ahead and get the GTR you want

Don't buy depreciating assets unless you're okay with burning your money in a very literal sense.

I really fail to see what's wrong with getting a clean used car. There are always going to be people that want to sell their stuff, find a fairly clean used GT-R and restore it from any neglect if you really, really want a GT-R right this minute.

I personally cannot fathom the concept of buying a new car unless you have the finances to buy and maintain one outright without any loans.

>I personally cannot fathom the concept of buying a new car unless you have the finances to buy and maintain one outright without any loans.
This is basically what my dad does. Bought an Accord brand new in cash and plans on driving it for a long ass time

He also bought a 2 year old S Class in cash, because he could use the other 50% savings from the depreciation to invest in stuff

I really, really fail to see why people get a new car every 2 years other than to get something new for the sake of new.

Sitting in a car made in 2016 is not appreciably different from one made in 2000. A 2016 Camry is significantly more expensive than a clean, mint XV30 Camry and realistically there is very little difference between the two as far as fuel efficiency goes. And the 2005 Camry would be better because it doesn't have a shitty fucking infotainment system that barely works.

I don't like the 911 despite stated reliability and maintenance because it's not AWD.

I may actually end up going for a RS instead of the GTR because it is much cheaper and still great, but the GTR is still on the bucket list.

Also considering the WRX - but it is beat by both the RS and the GTR.

>because it's not AWD.

what is the carrera 4S

Unfortunately no traders are stocking any beyond 2011.

Get a decent 996 Turbo for less than a new 911.

Seriously, if you don't have the money to buy exactly what you want new, a used car is always a good idea. You just have to search for the truly well-maintained examples.

>996

lmao dude

Any problems?

I was talking about used in the post, I'd never buy new.

Also dunno why I'd get a 996 when I can get a '16 plate RS or WRX for around half the price.

There's literally nothing wrong with a 996 Turbo.

If your complaint is that it isn't a 993 fuck off, no one really cares.

the only people that buy 996 are boyracers and shitskins pretending to be rich

t. bus rider

>getting shittier cars because they're newer
>comparing boi racer cars to a 911 Turbo

pls stop calling the 996 turbo a 911 turbo

thanks

Because I'm looking for boi racer cars?

Why do you think I've got a GTR, RS and WRX in the list?

For one, a 996 turbo is faster than a Focus RS or WRX. It was faster than the R34 GT-R at its inception. It has a better AWD system than either the Focus RS or WRX because it's RWD by default with a 5/95 split going up to 40/60 depending upon the commanded lock-up of the center diff so it feels more like an RWD car that can rocket out of corners.

It also can have a nicer interior than most Focus RSes and WRXes. A WRX still looks like a Camry on the inside, this is indisputable. It already has more power than either the Focus RS or the WRX and corners better than either of them. The 996 Turbo has a far better aftermarket than a Focus RS too.

It may not be as fast as an R35 but if you don't want an R35's early series issues with NVH and questionable transmission reliability the 996 Turbo is absolutely worth consideration. Don't write it off just because it's not a "true 911 Turbo".

It's a 911, and it says Turbo on the back

Did a 996 molest you as a child?

I didn't write it off - the point was the '16 plate - I'm looking for 2012 earliest.

Mezger engines are also stupid reliable

>inb4 someone posts a picture of the interior and calls it shit just by appearance alone

So you're a Boi racer looking for a shiny new car? Want us to follow your Instagram as well?

>996 being a real 911

lmao dude

I'm just looking for a good sports car for my money at 2012 or newer.

I'd love the 911 turbo but they mark the newer ones up here.

My boss has one. He averagse only fucking 10 litres when normal daily driving the car. Thats insane for the amount of power it can push

>996 fanboi calling others boi racers

holy shit

And the shitposters come put of the closet

You guys should try driving some cars once in a while before talking about them

>996

>he couldnt afford a real 911

If Porsche put the actual model name on the badge, it would be a lot easier to keep them straight.

>calls me shitposter
>recommends a 996

samefag

thank you for the (You)s

996 a shit tho

He's actually doing a great job, people like him keep the prices down even though the 996 is mechanically very similar to the 997

Or the attainable Cayman. I test drove the Cayman GTS last week and baby that was so smooth.

I would love the base Carerra (not 4S AWD) with that manual and live the rest of my life with it.

the Carrera S is also available with manual

just sayin

One reviewer said that the new "turbo" base model 911 is actually the best to drive because it's the lightest, has the least computer interference, a regular manual, and the Turbos are normal and not the variable geometry kind like the S models and up so it's peaky like an old school 930

The question wasn't whether you liked it or not tho.
>I don't like it so it's shit