/gct/ - General Corvette Thread

>Post your Corvettes.
>Q&A
>Post anything Corvettes

What should I know before buying a Corvette C6?

>post anything corvette's

Oh God. Now I get why no ones starts a GTR or a Corvette General.

>post your corvette

how about F-BODY

>LS1 V8

Pontiacs. Sure!

>in t/a
>dark green hardtop C5 corvette pulls up to light
>i think he wants to race and I give a strong start on green
>he takes off at grandpa pace. i assume he has no interest in racing
>i chill down to 40mph and set cruise control on. overdrive and a/c
>finding a song to play
>corvette flies past me at like 80
>too late

C1 & C5 > C2 > power gap > C3 > C4 > C6 > C7.

I came so close to buying a 90s Camaro or Firebird, but I just couldn't get past the ugly.

>ugly

says the person in the slow car

>slow

My Volt will BTFO an F-body in an endurance run.

C1 was a good idea but a piece of garbage in reality. Solid rear axles, and the first three years didn't even have windows.

Also 150 hp for the first two years.

>Volt

>piece of garbage in reality
>1953-1962

>anyone on Veeky Forums owning a corvette
>anyone on Veeky Forums owning a gtr
>anyone on Veeky Forums who doesn't bench race while waiting on metro

You must be new here, I guess. And yes, the huge cause of shit-posting is the reason why no one makes a Corvette or a GT-R thread.

>Not Volt

Good thing I don't plan on going on a race track.

Still gonna break down anyways, kek

The C5 2002-2004 Z06 is quite possibly the greatest Corvette of all time at this point. I would say the C6 Z06 was better (probably is) but GM had to get involved with all the high powered BS and overshadowed it publicity wise with the C6 ZR1. When they announced it, I was hoping they were going to make it another DOHC 32V V8 with some external design help like the one in the 90s, but instead, oh boy...a supercharger. Bleh.

I want a V6 Corvette.

>Q&A
Why?

You can get the LS7 in the Z6 to 580 WHP while remaining NA without much money. that, along with it weighing sub 3100 lbs (heard there were some weighing 3000 lbs with full interior) would make it faster than the ZR1 while probably being just that much more nimble (200 lbs less and assuming you get all the standard features that came on the ZR1) it would literally be a ZR1 that's just NA.

Even though the ZR1 with its scream-blower had more power out of the factory the LS7/Z06 duo was the one with the GTE cred.

Early 90's corvettes go for around $8000 and up where I'm from, how reliable are they and how much expenses do you guys think I will have to pay in repairs during the first year if I buy one?

I actually used to think a V6 offering for the Corvette would be interesting. The nameplate has lost what made it so famous honestly. I don't know if a V6 making 330ish HP or a smaller packaged V8 would bring its costs down, but overall I think with where the C7 has gone it's time GM blow up the Corvette and revision it. Adjusted for inflation, around the C4 years, MSRP has been in the 50k range. I guess it is still a bargain performance car, but GM started taking Rubbermaid interior and creature comfort complaints to heart and I think it has lost its way. It should be about most performance for least amount of money. Want the nifty comforts? Porsche makes the Boxster and Caymen.

Yeah. I love the C6 Z06 mainly for its 7.0L Displacement and how GM gave the ACO/FIA the middle finger with it. I was always under the impression that it's better balanced and faster around the track than a C5 Z06, however, it always seems to live in the shadow of the ZR1 because of horsepower nerds.

>corvette
>faster around a track

>faster around the track than a C5 Z06
then you post it vs a miata. The point?

GM continually gets outperformed by smaller displacement engines

And in case of a miata, a car that has 700 less pounds to carry around. The miata is a known track beast. Thanks Captain Obvious.

What's the point of the Corvette anymore? It's worthless in a straight line and around a track

What's the point of any car really then? If it is all about performance numbers then any car enthusiast should own a car stripped down to its frame or something like this. All substance no style. And once we find the fastest configuration, everyone owns it. Sounds like a boring world to me.

>damage control
The GTR beats the corvette while seating more. GM a shit. Deal with it.

Yes it would do that with seating for 4. So what?

The corvette is a terrible performance car

Wtf I hate Corvettes now!

I want an electric Corvette.

>no trunklid for 35 years
>on a fifteen feet long two seater
How DO you even become so bad at space management?

Please don't think Veeky Forums is a chat area for only homeless people. I do see some people that are financially stable here.

I want a turbo 4 Corvette.

911 Turbo my love

you americans don't wanna sleep?

LFX Corvette when?

that you should buy a C5z and turbo it to save money and invest the rest

I want an EcoBoost Corvette, that should fix the engine problems

GREAT turnout at the monthly corvette owners club !!

>all this GTR shitposting

good job dude

Which Corvette is best Corvette?

c4

It'd actually sell good.

>Mid-engine Boston machine

Is it really going to happen?

The FRC was going to be a budget Corvette to replace the soon to be dead Camaro SS, but the C5 was selling so well and with lots of options that the budget car wasn't needed. A budget V6 C7 now would just get outsold by the Camaro. Which isn't selling well.

C5 R style.

Mine

Not mine

those somber eyes

I always thought vettes were mustang tier until my dad bought a c6 zo6 a couple months ago. That thing is fucking fast, interior is like a cobalt though

Would it be a bad idea to get a C5 for daily driving? I dont care about fancy features or any of that stuff as long as I got AC id be fine.

I daily my z and it's not bad. The sound of the v8 coupled with the quickness helps you forget any flaws.

hows the ride on rough pavement?

I can't really compare it to many sports cars as I haven't been in too many. For reference I had a 4th gen z28 before this and my suspension was stiff as fuck. This feels smoother but will handle better. You get so used to it that it's really not bad and being the z06 it has the stiffer of the factory c5 settings. I live in so cal so we have all types of shit roads. For someone who comes from say any non modded suspension car it will feel harsh.

My C5 has the level 3 Ridetech coilovers, Sam Strano sway bar, endlinks, rollcage, and a Sparco bolted to the floor. It rides great. Feels stiff but it isn't harsh at all.

>Q&A

My father has had a Corvette with gasoline sitting in his garage for ten years. Won't start. Is the engine fucked? Or is there anything I can do other than siphoning the gas and putting in some gas to try to get it to work?

Agreed. I like the back end but the front end is kind off like a pig actually.

This is a photoshop and I know it. But however Corvette tries to build a mid-engined car, it'll still look cheap as fuck.

That was creepy af.

bump

>bumping a dead thread to shitpost more
y tho