Is there a more cucked group of people than those who die for their country? So spooked it hurts...

Is there a more cucked group of people than those who die for their country? So spooked it hurts. How the fuck can WW1 soldiers not have felt mad as fuck at being sent to die for rich people in a pointless war? And to fight GERMANS, only for the "elites" to surrender the EU to africans and middle easterners 100 years later!

If there was no revolution after WW1, then its just never going to happen is it?

Ironically, because its a view shared with stereotypical rednecks that are insulted for being dumb, I expect you guys to disagree partly due to holding on to patriotism as a pseudo intellectual affectation.

There is literally nothing wrong with patriotism, to the point where the only people who argue against it are leftists who dislike the concept of a nation in the first place.

the most spooked are those who claim that they achieve something else than dwelling in their fantasies once they dwell in their formal systems and when once told this, they claim ''sure, but what else we gonna do?''

Is there a more smug philosopher than Russell?

>mfw Continentals

>Y
>E
>S

The most spooked are faggots like OP who don't understand a cause and thus demean everyone that's a part of it and hold their head up high as if their own lives aren't meaningless. Spooked as fuck OP just go back to revleft. I'm fucking anarchist and your leftardation pissed me off.

Proclaiming your intellectual superiority will do very little good when the anti-intellectual foreign armies march over your land, rape your sister, shoot you in the face and burn down your house. Even if you do not agree with nationalism and patriotism, it is a means to an end.
A small amount of pragmatism is only healthy.

>nationalism
>pragmatic
Nationalism is idealist as fuck, what are you talking about?

It's a pretty balling spook though, I can understand how people get attracted to it.

Its benefits are grounded in reality. Nationalism and nationalistic sentiments in a country form a higher willingness to defend it, less damaging immigration, a common purpose. In the long term, people working for their nation and people is by far more beneficial for that group than individuals working for the sake of themselves and their family alone. The West is a good example of it. Nationalism is all but gone, men are no longer willing to fight for their own countries, the native population is being replaced by inbred Islamic migrants and so forth. Of course there's multitudes of reason why we're degenerating, but healthy nationalism would do a good deal to counteract it.
As I said, it's a means to an end. You can proclaim your intellectual superiority and live in your idealistic fantasies where intellectual superiority is the endgoal, but the real world will end up smacking you in the face.

>there are no benefits to a homogenous country

kek

Why do you take that as an insult?

There's literally nothing wrong with idealism.

>Is there a more cucked group of people than those who die for their country?

Yes.

Bertrand Russell.

Who was literally cucked.

Except that it's detached from reality.

Nationalism physically exists?

Is that what you're saying?

That idealism often ignores reality and assumes an ideal starting position from which to build a world upon its own ideas as if the world did not already exist.

>Is there a more cucked group of people than those who die for their country?
those who die for their country that ends up losing the war

ah

I was thinking of a different idealism

nevermind

Nations with your mindset are still hunter-gatherers in Africa, nations with the opposite mindset built empires.
We are strong only together and achieve only with sacrifice, not that I justify WWI or anything

Maybe I should've called it idealisticism or something similiar.

>Is there a more cucked group of people than those who die for their country? So spooked it hurts.
>And to fight GERMANS, only for the "elites" to surrender the EU to africans and middle easterners 100 years later!

So you're saying that it's stupid and "spooked" to try and protect and preserve your nation yet you talk about "only for the "elites" to surrender the EU to africans and middle easterners 100 years later!" as though it is a bad consequence.
Yet the only reason you would view it as a bad consequence is if you considered it important and desirable to protect and preserve your nation.

so you've contradicted yourself.

>How the fuck can WW1 soldiers not have felt mad as fuck at being sent to die for rich people in a pointless war?
They were hyped the fuck up by propaganda and nationalism. Once they had been in the front trenches they felt quite different.

Those who did not take part were shamed as well.
>British women would shame young men with white feathers to go die in the trenches
Always rustles my jimmies.

>Anecdotes from the period indicates that the campaign was not popular amongst soldiers - not least because soldiers who were home on leave could find themselves presented with the feathers.

>One such was Private Ernest Atkins who was on leave from the Western Front. He was riding a tram when he was presented with a white feather by a girl sitting behind him. He smacked her across the face with his pay book saying: "Certainly I'll take your feather back to the boys at Passchendaele. I'm in civvies because people think my uniform might be lousy, but if I had it on I wouldn't be half as lousy as you." [7]

Reminder that nationalists actually, unironically, genuinely, seriously, believes that nations are real.

Define real

Reminder that there are people who actually, unironically, genuinely, seriously believe that I shouldn't cut off your head and skullfuck you. Can you believe it?

Edgy

Low energy buzzword.

Wanna know how I know you haven't read any Stirner?

How

Is there a more ignoble group of people than those who criticize soldiers?

Being a soldier is one of the most admirable things a person can be. One finds soldiers not just in the military, either, but in all walks of life. It's an attitude, and it's a better one than being an anarchist or someone superfluous and indifferent.

What is so good about a nation anyway? How is it any more important than the levels of human social organization above and below it in tier?