Thoughts on dailying an old vitara or samurai?

thoughts on dailying an old vitara or samurai?
theyre cheap as fuck and i think they look kinda cool
been eyeing up this one,82 samurai

Other urls found in this thread:

nissan.com.mx/tsuru/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Geo Tracker.

i found 2 somewhat close to me and their beat to shit,suzukis are more common

samurais and vitaras are more common*
just called the owner and he says it gets decent mpgs but is a bit gutless,anything i should look out for?

Nothing I would know specifically.
Had a 1992 Tracker, 4 cylinder, 4wd.
It was a putz but worth its weight in salt when it got plowed in after a blizzard one winter.
Snow up to to door handle, no shoveling, drove right out.
Pretty based for a basic 4x4.

You still can buy this new in India.

twf i can get cheap ass 38" shoguns

Cool, thanks user

Suzuki X-90 m8

Good small offroad vehicle with a small footprint. Tough little guys, too.

Slow, rides like a truck (not in good way) on the road, roll over risk, not so good if wrecked.

Grand vitaras had almost 200 hp dohc V6's and you could get them with a 5 speed, and I think also a manual t-case. Vitaras were all body on frame with a live rear axle too. Pretty beast for a small 4wd, I'd like to have one.

link? here is the link to buy a 90s sentra brand new in mexico: nissan.com.mx/tsuru/

you can get the jimny in europe too which is basically the same thing

as the owner of 2 X90s i highly agree

I've been thinking of getting an XL7 to build up as an Overland rig. Basically a stretched out Vitara. They're cheap as fuck.

I originally wanted an older 2-door model, because I like the soft top option. For expedition / overland usage though it's a bit small.

Those have a mazda v6. Great car.

I don't think it's an actual Mazda engine. Best I can figure is these have the Suzuki H27A. I think the Suzuki H-series was co-developed with Mazda, but the Mazda versions do have differences. Apparently people use these engines in homebuilt airplanes, so I'd imagine it's quite good.

The H20A and KF engines are pretty much identical except for the bellhousing bolt pattern, but they both went in different directions with the K8/KJ/KL and H25A/H27A.

My brother has a basically stock '02 XL7 with a 5spd. He added manual hubs mostly to reduce drivetrain drag to benefit mpg, and put on Cooper AT3 tires in the stock size.

Long wheelbase and clearance isn't great stock, but I'll be damned this thing really impressed me. Acutally kind of fun to drive on road as well, much less bouncy and tippy than my 3rd gen 4Runner.

can't find any unfortunately

yeah a everyone is telling its pretty gutless,whats stopping me from putting in a 1.8 corolla engine sometime in the future?
the one in the OP has the 1.3L

in South America too ... also, Vitaras are now crossovers, so you only have the Jimny as a real offroader

that picture fills me with happiness

Okay, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Glad to hear from someone who's had experience with these. Definitely sounds like a good option. I'm kinda surprised you view it as better than the 4Runner in some aspects.

If I build one as an overland rig I'm planning on Old Man Emu suspension.