Toyobaru vs. Cobra

Left or Right? Which is faster? Which is better made? Which would you have?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mYzrQ7axBP4
youtube.com/watch?v=AzpDOFOvdek
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cobra is faster. Toyobaru is better made.

Is this even a question. Even bone stock a cobra would blow that gt86 out of the water

Toyobaru is better made
handles better
looks better
better interior
better economy

Cobra is faster

Toyobaru hands down is my choice

You're a fag if you wouldn't pick the V8.

you must be 18 to post on here kid

S-since when senpai

Since 18 years ago. You would know if you were born.

>which is faster
SVT COBRA
>which is better made
SVT COBRA
>which would you have
S FUCKING V FUCKING T FUCKING CO FUCKING BRAAAAAA

>Toyobaru is better made.
Just because the interior of the Cobra is cheap Ford plastic doesn't mean that the entire car isn't better made.

>Veeky Forums calls the Cobra pigfat
>it's smaller than the Toyobaru

Cobras have shit build quality

its about more than the interior

pretty much every American car during that period was shit

>Cobras have shit build quality
No they don't. Name one way they are shit.
>inb4 interior meme
Wow it's shit plastic. Your shit plastic from the 2010s is sooooo superior.

>its about more than the interior
Be specific. What exactly is shitty about the rest of the car in your eyes?

Are you really deciding between a fucking meme and fucking terminator?

name 1 way they arent

>inb4 muh supercharged V8

theyre garbage cars with powerful engines

theyre cars for children

just look at the fanboy responses itt none of them can be out of high school

>Cobras have shit build quality

yeah you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, user, high cost of ownership does not equate to shit build quality

the only part known to fail on the termi was the alternator and that's not even a $200 part.

>theyre cars for children
And the Toyobaru isn't?

LOL

The Cobra will drive forever even when being beat on. It's got a T-56 trans, IRS, and literally everything on it is easy and cheap to work on.

If it's 2003 and newer cobra they have independent rear suspension.

>not picking the v8

reported for being underage.

No, just want to get a general consensus

>IRS

these people think something that has been around forever and less advanced than 60s Euro cars is impressive

like I said cars for children

general consensus is that weebs are ruining your thread

Hate to break it to you but the GT86 is the car for children bud.

>current year
>under 200hp
Top jej

only children care about hp like that

we get that you can only look at numbers since you cant drive

at this point the Cobra will probably have higher maintenance costs, simply because it's older and parts will have aged and need replacing. but the Toyobaru will take a massive hit on depreciation compared to the Cobra which will have already had most of its depreciation (aside from mileage)

overall if you consider the car as an investment the Cobra will probably save you money as long as you don't get one thats beat up and needs a lot of work

>what is better, a diamond dozen pigfat """"sports"""" car that's slower than a minivan and has prius tires or a V8 muscle car designed to be fast

One has torque dip, 200hp, Prius tires, advertised to cheap poor millennials, has MacPherson strut front suspension.

The other has a 390hp supercharged engine, forged internals to promote modding out of the box, has the same transmission used in the Viper and Corvette.

"Pun Jab" NY vanity plates??

>t. assmadweeabo

did someone fuck your waifu and did they drive an SVT Cobra? cause you mad salty my dude

>cant drive
Nice projection

At least the Cobra requires skill to drive, since it has the power to kill you vs a car that won't get up to speeds that kill.

sikh dude probably...... they do this kinda stuff.

damage control is coming on hard now eh

keep embarrasing yourself by slinging insults like a sperg

more basic damage control

you realize your the one projecting right

keep looking at numbers and making assumptions kiddo

We get it you have a FRS and think it's gods gift to cars.

I would get an NC miata, then the cobra and then the slowbaru

mainly because I rather buy v6 new edge and drop a coyote in it instead

The Lexus.

Weeks usually don't even have a car.

>implying Id buy one

its still a better car than a Mustang unless youre a talentless driver who can only drive straight

>Mustangs can't turn meme
>Talking about a SVT Cobra

K it's obvious you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, so we're done here.

Good day

Holy fuck I knew Veeky Forums was full of weeb scum but this shouldn't even be a debate.

>Left or Right?

left

>Which is better made?

neither one

>Which would you have?
the BRZ/FRS, its newer, looks better and cheaper to insure than the stang.

>The only fair post making an actual defensible argument for the Toyobaru
>No replies
I'd take Termi without a second thought personally just because I'm a goddamn American and I learned how to drive goddamn American style but it's true. Over the next ten years, you'll put probably $5000 into the Termi one way or another while the Toyobaru will just quietly become worth $5000 less through depreciation.

>Toyobaru will just quietly become worth $5000 less through depreciation
It's the second you leave the dealer

>Sir, I noticed you failing to control your vehicle around that last corner
Bruh check it out we got the same catback
>You're free to go

Yeah, that's why 2013~2015 Toyubarus are $18k+ at used Dealers retard.

>SVTs can turn

kek

see and get triggered even further pls, cuck

>I don't know how car dealers work
You think they paid the previous owner $18K?

LOL

25000 minus 18000 is 7000, so checkm8 captain faggot

Well yeah I guess that too. I keep cars a long time but some people resell what I would consider "immediately" so... I dunno. I guess I'm assuming that OP is talking about an off-lease or something. A lot of times people who finance don't even think about things like that because they'd prefer having a set amount to pay every month with little worry versus owning something that MAYBE might blow its head gasket or drop its rear end. People have no idea how to keep money anymore it's depressing.

>K it's obvious you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, so we're done here.

>Good day

tl. person who loses an argument

I also like how he said "sitting", basically admitting that they're not "moving" at that price ergo not accurately representative of real value.

e55 is faster and cheaper than both
youtube.com/watch?v=mYzrQ7axBP4

Cobra is obviously faster stock
Both are shit quality
I own an 86

>>The only fair post making an actual defensible argument for the Toyobaru
>>No replies
I'm not trying to favor either, but being objective doesn't seam to get you much attention compared to flinging shit it seams

It's an undertuned engine with forged internals and the transmission is common as fuck. Everything else is the same as any other mustang

right, but age affects all cars, and there are some parts like bushings, plastic parts that dry rot steal parts that rust that will need to be replaced on a time schedule. I'm not saying it's a high maintenance car, just that it's older, and as such may need aged parts replaced where a new car wont.
>used cars are usually better value though

Cobra 100%

>Shit build quality
>The transmission is a tank
>The engine is a dohc torque machine & easy to get more power out of
>decent handling (read: decent)

the cobra is worth it for the powertrain and drivetrain alone. If I had one I'd probably strip the entire interior.

get btfo weeb.

relevant post

>memecar with slower times than 1990s civics
are you even tucking trying, scioyobaru?

if you don't need a new(ish) car the NC miata can be tuned to the same power as the slowbaru and will still cost half the price and is lighter too. the only drawback is it's less practical

FR-S owner reporting in. Car had problems with the VVTi after 3 months. I'd take the Cobra any day.

I choose an fr-s for dat warranty though.

Cobra > gt86

this buyers remorse is painful, the cobra is a great car that will only go up in price, b-but my 200 hp shit box that gets beat by mini vans is better! I-im so grown up i swear!

Termi all the way

>will only appreciate in value, good examples are now around the 25-30K mark for low millage examples. That is almost a new mustang GT for a 12 year old car.
> engine and trans are bulletproof
> easy to get 500+ hp with simple bolt ons 550+ with ported blower, 650+ with wipple
> irs so decent handling about .9 Gs
>super charger WINE
> 6 speed that actually can get decent HW em pe gees
>cheap to maintain and reliable.
>sounds amazing
>instant respect

This is what muh jdm fags' and yurocucks' nightmares are made of.

I would get a 135i again. Better made than both of them, faster than the toyobaru and similar power potential to the cobra while outhandling it.

>Termis will appreciate
Just like GTO's? They hold their value but they're not going up.

>driving in a straight line requires skill
Shit, by your logic, a mk4 gti is fucking hard to drive because it has shit handling.

toyobaru has shit tailights that fill with water, and it's too weak to even pass anyone on the short straights most curvy roads have on them.

Cobra all the way, only a nu-male cuck wouldn't want the supercharged v8 whine of a cobra.

toyobaru

cobra
>worn out because nearly 20 years old
>90s ford build quality
>fisher price interior
>dump truck tier clutch effort
>1 inch wide panel gaps that change when hitting bumps
>diesel truck hydroboost brakes
>3400-3700 lb

was in the market for one, the prices a few years ago were around 18g-25g MAX for a low mileage example, now if you want one with about 10k miles, they are peaking into the 30s. I doubt they will become the next supra and appreciate like gold, but they are doing pretty well.

as someone who loves jdm tyte shit to death i'd rather own a cobra

youtube.com/watch?v=AzpDOFOvdek

>worn out because nearly 20 years old

still cheap as fuck to maintain, parts are easy to source and you have plenty of options, the motors themselves do just fine at 100k miles for a SC engine.
>90s ford build quality
don't think the exterior build quality is any better or worse than a new toyobaru, looks are subjective but many still feel the termi is still one of the best looking mustangs to date.
>fisher price interior
fair enough the interiors were shitty, but the only thing the toyobaru has on it is what? different color plastics and better seats?
>dump truck tier clutch effort
clutch is a heavy but the feel you get from a wire clutch is much better than one you get from a hydraulic clutch. Trade off is clutch weight but maybe most beta cucks nu males are wimps anyway.
>1 inch wide panel gaps that change when hitting bumps
[citation needed]
>diesel truck hydroboost brakes
Don't really know what to say, car came with brembo designed breaks, not the best but still pretty decent with good feedback. the toyobaru has baby breaks that do the job just fine too i imagine (only test drove one)
>3400-3700 lb
still light by today's standards, i believe termis were around 3500. Not as skinny as you, but no bigger than your mom.

>bought 03 cobra in 2010 for $9800 with 100k miles
>car now has 140k miles
>have spent roughly $2000 on a transmission and 2 alternators since then
>currently need to overhaul the irs with bushings and needs a respray of paint

Its probably the most fun car ill ever own. It was once my dd but I rarely drive it these days. Even though it sits rarely driven I have no plans of selling it despite multiple offers.