Cannonball 2017

Jersey to San Diego.
3000 miles.
$100 entry.
$50,000 Prize.
Would you?
What would you take on this perilous and honorable journey?

Other urls found in this thread:

edbolian.com/category/cannonball-record/
youtube.com/watch?v=-HstJWZ8SPw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yes.

Gotta drive something cool so when you get pulled over for doing 180 down 66 you at least feel cool

If I get it registered in Florida, I'd take the wing off the top of this and run it. Get pulled over even faster.

A modified E55 AMG with a massive gas tank in the trunk.

for 50 Gs yeah,do like those guys who have record for fastest cross country time, they had a merc full of radar detectors,scanners, and other stuff i dont remember.

This.
You fags can get pulled over.

This is the best answer

edbolian.com/category/cannonball-record/

Ed Bolian and Alex Roy have it figured out

I would in my modified housewife sedan desu.
Hope I don't draw as much attention as the supercars.

I'd do it.
And I'd do it in a car that catches a lot less attention than an exotic supercar.

S55 also works. The 63's are probably still a bit pricey. Black, grey/silver or white so it stands out less.

Yeah, I'd just be mainly trying to have a good experience. Something that will probably make the run without being too big a loss if I totaled it. Maybe something that could get slightly hektik if I was ever neck and neck with big boys.

Focus RS with an extra 20 gallon fuel tank in the hatch
>more comfortable for long trip than a small exotic
>more passenger/cargo space
>decent fuel econ because 4-cyl turbo
>AWD for potential inclimate weather

Lol, I like old Toyotas but that's just asking to be stranded in the middle of nowhere.

I'll take an Aristo V300 with a boost controller. I'll also add a police scanner and a radar detector.

Grandma sedan with a 2jzgte.

>I'll take an Aristo V300
>On a New Jersey-San Diego race
Do you mean a 2JZ-GTE swapped GS300?

No, a rhd Toyota Aristo V300 with an GTE already in.

>Tfw canadafag
>Mfw no guns or freedum but 15yr rule
>A fucking leaf

>Rhd in the US
>When what you'll be doing 90% of the time is overtaking traffic
WEW LAD

I've heard horror stories but RHD is pretty common here.

Making left turns on intersections though. I saw a guy total his R32 GT-R trying to once.

One of those with a huge gas tank in the back.

Isnt there cops along the entire route nowdays?

If so I would take a minivan for max comfy

Nigga wat?
>mid 80's corolla
>breaking down ever

Pic unrelated, Rice-Bro

Honda Pan European

Roads? Don't need those.

An E550 has 400 hp. That should be more than enough and cheaper to boot.

Implying that wouldn't break down 200 miles in
I think anybody doing 140 would draw attention
^
Sucks to suck
There is no set "route" just whoever gets there fastest
>Tfw night time

Do that POS an have treaded tires?
>Getting pulled over for bald tires
>Loses to BRZ & diesel Fiat

>RHD in us
>Not being a mailman
>weeaboo plebian

I'd tear that shit up in a Crown Victoria coupe Ecoboost V8 swap for maximum comfort and power

One team used an ex-cop Vic for the "gtfo of my way" factor, they did pretty good

Now all I'd have to do is not get tagged for impersonating an officer

I know my shitbox wouldn't make that trip but I could take my moms car probably
She has an EG6 hatchback with only 30,000 miles, you think that could make it?

Just driving a crown vic wouldn't get you that, lots of people have them.

Doing 140 in the left lane might though kek

The tires wouldn't make the journey.
And a race car with shit mileage might not be that great even with a big tank to prevent having to refill all the time. You're looking for high average speed here, so if you're refilling as often as a road car going approximately the same speed you're not getting any advantage.

>There is no set "route" just whoever gets there fastest
There's usually legs done day by day. First in, first out. These are usually top secret for exactly that purpose. The final finish is less secret because you want spectators but by then the leaders can probably drive legally and keep in order unless one feels like taking big risks with CHP

The answer is always miata.

Saying that, I'd go for something like Volvo 850 T5 estate with no stickers. Even if cops are close I can slow down and look inconspicuous, if its something flashy they might just follow me which prolongs the amount of time I need to do the speed limit.

Already did it except i went to Alberta first than down to CA and back to Jersey in a shitbox Subaru

They are pretty common I guess, but I mean full police look on the exterior (decals and shit no actual equipment)

That's what I'm saying man, a prius would finish before this klown

Surplus will have the decals painted under or removed. If you bought it that way, it's most likely legal to drive it that way

I didn't know that, so is it a cumulative time? Or place in the legs?

Please

No no I mean I wpuld have redone the exterior to make it look official meanwhile the interior is gutted and all extras are removed
It WOULD look like a new PO car but ...

Most exciting way is for the first finisher to be allowed to leave at say 6am the next day then every other driver to leave the same amount of time after that they arrived.

You mean like a dogsled race?
Iditarod I think its called

We should organize a cross country Veeky Forums race.
Or at least from Chicago to Cali.
4 legs, points determined by A-B time.
Victor keeps all the entry fees. AND the respect.

>AND the respect.
Zero plus zero is still zero, user.

Watchu meen bruh?

Top kek
It DID finish 3rd in the gt300

Why call it cannonball?

I win.

>uro cop
>thinking it will go undetexted on US highways
You are wrong friendo

>Lel 80s shit never breaks down mang

I thought this until I actually owned an 80s meme car. Shit will break down on you, even if it's a Toyota but it's fixable.

>intercettore
My sides, I don't know Why

>not New York to LA
>not racing between the to most recognizable US cities
why even try, OP?

How is it scored?

after the first running called the Cannonball Baker Sea-To-Shining-Sea Memorial Trophy Dash. It was just shortened to the "cannonball run". "Cannonball" Baker was a famous motorbike racer that first did the New York to LA run and held the record for over 20 years

>Why not
>Dat new York traffic

See

Gotcha, that's cool

>Jersey Turnpike immediately takes out 10% of the competitors with multiple fatalities

CRX with a stripped interior and 50 gallon gas tank and aero mawdz.

I dunno, Man that's playing with fire.

>relatively common looking from a distance
>comfy
>3 rotoru
Maybe an extra gas tank or 3 in the trunk to feed the 20b

put a 400L slip tank in the back and still get 20mpg

the cannonball and other such rallies are (nowadays) just for celebs and rich people to drive supercars and party hard. so i'd take something a bit stupid like a zonda.

if however the aim is to get from coast to coast in as little time as possible (which seems to be what everyone is answering in this thread), then obviously a big german saloon loaded with radios, scanners, night vision, and spotter planes etc.

although loads of anons have mentioned additional fuel tanks, no one's mentioned having two gas tank caps so you can fill up with two nozzles, twice as quickly. that's got to be worth a few minutes.

I'd stuff my car in a cargo plane. Coast to coast in 6 hours.

Check miles before and after, still the same lol.

This. She's got 23k right now
I'd lose but fuck if I wouldn't have the time of my life. Auxiliary fuel tanks on the trunk

Prop it up off the drive wheels while in the plane and pull a Ferris Bueller only forwards.

I really think you'd want a grey or black police-fleet vehicle, but no markings

Spotlight and bullbar on, but no lights. Maybe add a race-style wide mirror for awareness, and it'll look like a concealed lightbar to normies.

People know to move the fuck over when they see what looks like an unmarked hauling ass, even without lights or decals

What you could do is use an 18 wheeler filling station, they typically have higher flow nozzles. Just make sure the fuel line's neck can fit one

K Sight
AWD insight with turbo'd K series at 450WHP.

This:
youtube.com/watch?v=-HstJWZ8SPw

Diesel-converted turbo "V12" Ford Falcon ute with the engine and a fuckhuge tank in the tray.

>BA Falcon
>V12 made from two Barra engines
>coal-roller mode plus extra exhaust and stacks for a smokescreen

Thinning the herd

No they dont, I DD one

2014 Chevy Impala Limited

LAWLERCUNT

None yall read Alex ROy's bukkakke "32 HOURS 54 MINUTOS" or whatever it called.

The speed record scene is still alive and well. That redneck that goes Greasecunt Garage show faked a record with no proof. Some rich college kids in a Mackabenz actually hold the fastest record right now i think.

But ya modern road rallies are just narcissistic parades, lots of rich daddy's munnay wankaz gittin yucky wit da boizz. Parties at nightclubs every night. Pulling hookers back to their rooms. et ketera (if you took 5 yr of Latin you woudl know it's pronounced with a k sound not s)

/autism

Are they gas powered? I always figured all big trucks would be diesel.

you guys are dumb, this is how you do it

>debadged EP3 Type R
>everyone surprised by some generic commuter hatch flying by them despite hearing it five blocks away

>UUEUEUEFFUFUFUFCKING NIGGERS GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY

Then you DD a shit one that doesn't look anything like an actual unmarked

'80s bullnose ford with a 460 and 3.31 gears for rumbly 150mph cruising

big 100gal fuel cell in the bed, rear axle flip kit and front coilover & big spring with upgraded TTB's and bigger radius arms. entire thing lowered 4 inches

literally unstoppable