Why are iranians so shit at war...

why are iranians so shit at war? its like these people were conquered and dominated by foreign people every few hundred years or so

Other urls found in this thread:

meforum.org/441/why-arabs-lose-wars
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_peoples#Genetics
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not Arabs, I know, but still a similiar culture.

meforum.org/441/why-arabs-lose-wars

this begs more question how fucking shit could you be to get conquered by the fucking arabs?

the whole region sucks at war, Persians and Arabs. A bunch of starved holocaust survivors could even beat them

A very shitty article that doesnt take into account the entire Post-Caliphate history of the middle east. You should go back to /k/.
It was a different time. Muhammad & The Caliphates' Arabs were like the newly unified Mongols storming into a land weakened by almost a century of Roman/Iranian violence.

>a century of Roman/Iranian violence.
This.

The OP is an idiot who can't even read basic history.

>but still a similiar culture.

Absolutely not.

OP is a dumbass ignorant of history too.

>who is Cyrus the Great

>still a similar culture
Arabs fucking hate Iranians

>continuous national identity for 3000+ years
>shit at war
pick 1

I dunno. The Iran-Iraq war was pretty astounishing. No idea how iran managed to push the iraqis back and even invade their country for the latter half of the war. I mean everything was agaisnt them at the time.

The Iraqi army had to get personal permission for every single operation from Saddam himself. Their tanks never moved very far from their infantry, and their planes did just about nothing for the first years of the war. It's more of a miracle that Iraq didn't instantly collapse.

Hello Ahmed Ackbar

One of the very first examples given in the article for Arabs being shit at war is how they managed to fuck up the Iran-Iraq War despite Iraq being supplied by every major power you can think of.

It also takes some serious reductionism to think Arab and Persian cultural mindsets are similar. I know they're just all muslims to you but maybe try to make more of an effort to be aware of what you don't know.

Get off of Veeky Forums. Seriously.

The sad thing is that people like you probably think they're 100% correct when it comes to history despite pop history being all you know.

They're sedentary and surrounded by nomads.

That article isn't too terribly wrong, it's just completely inapplicable to Iranians.

t. Rostam Noorizadeh

The sheer incompetence of the Iraqis is what was most astonishing about that conflict. Seriously, the Iranians built a road through the fucking desert and the Iraqis failed to notice. The Iraqis managed to support their troops so badly that the besiegers of one Iranian town were supplied worse than the defenders. That's not to say the Iranians didn't fuck up spectacularly on occasion, but it didn't come close to matching the Iraqi propensity for failure.

It applies to Iranians too dumb shit.
Why do Iranians that they're so different from Arabs. You're the same exact sand nigger shit.

They are neiter genetically,inguistically nor culturally related besides religion user.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_peoples#Genetics

Haploshit isn't all what genetics is about. The large amounts of R1a is because Indo European steppe niggers dominated their society and got all the women, but their genes got diluted from the gene pool otherwise.
You seriously have to be blind to think you're not pretty much the same shit. 99% of people can't differentiate you Reza.

>diluted

The other mayority of the DNA is med like italy,greece and the balkans for example. How is it diluded? And btw you are being fooled by phenotypes instead of looking into the genotypes.

*by just looking at the phenotype

>Haploshit isn't all what genetics is about

Correct, but that doesn't make Iranians genetically the same as Arabs.

>99% of people can't differentiate you Reza

I can't differentiate a Turk from a cockroach, doesn't mean they're both the same.

If you're seriously arguing for a common identity based on phenotypes then you must be missing a few billion brain cells.

Assuming you're the OP, you likely have some strange butthurt against Iranians, perhaps out of some sort of inferiority complex.

Pic related, I have like two dozen of these various admixture maps.

*Another big part of the DNA

Post more maps.

>750
>all of the north and then some not under christian control

>It's Another "Butthurt Diaspora" episode

This is now a genetic maps thread, I may as well try and salvage this failed abortion of a thread.

>OP butthurt that he's getting BTFO in his own thread

Stick to /tr/ please, Mehmet.

???

>they're all the same

such a astouding insight into the complexities of middle eastern and iranian culture and history, you must surely be an intellectual giant

Becuz they are persians
They are like the bicycle of the Middle East

You make this thread every once in a while. How are you holding up, mate.

I suspect he's some sort of Arab or Turk, those two groups are the only ones who are specifically butthurt against Iranians.

>this much victim complex

Not everyone is out to get you ahmed :)

You know it doesn't work when you were called out before, Achmed, just to parrot back the same shit back at the source.

>Genetics isn't all what genetics is about.
Retard.
>Indo-European steppe niggers dominated their society
Never happened. Parthians were a confederation of Dahae, Scythian, Saka, Samartian, and other affiliated Iranic horsemen tribes from the Danube to Central Asia. Both before under the Medians, Achaemenids, and after with the Sassanids, they were vassals, and allies and usually dominated by the sedentary Iranians in turn.
>got all the women
You're making shit up.
>genes got diluted
Never happened. Protip you retard, the biggest impact on ethnic Iranians and Iranic genetics isn't from Arabs (never even made a dent) or Turks (other way around in fact, Iranians bland up the Turkics), its because the Mongols practiced massively large-scale decimation of sedentary and urban populations which had a major impact on them.

>99% of people can't differentiate you
I'm not even Middle Eastern but I can easily differentiate Iranians from Arabs. Facial structure, taller height, more ruddy skin tones and complexions, and lighter eyes set Iranians apart from Semites and Hashmites.

I may as well get back to posting genetic maps, since OP's bait is getting stale.

>I'm not even Middle Eastern but I can easily differentiate Iranians from Arabs. Facial structure, taller height, more ruddy skin tones and complexions, and lighter eyes set Iranians apart from Semites and Hashmites.
Iranian sand nigger please, don't lie. It's so obvious you're Iranian because no one else can differentiate you.
And lmao at Iranians being taller and lighter. No just no.
Please leave America and go back to Iroon you greasy monobrowed coon.

>Arab subhuman calling anybody a sand nigger

You "people" look and behave like actual niggers, your entire race has created jack shit, which is why you monkeys are eternally butthurt towards Iran.

The only thing your entire race has accomplished is flooding Europe with insect-tier untermenschen and blowing yourself up at concerts. The only good thing you mongrels have done is killing each other en masse so the world doesn't have to deal with more of you.

Now please keep your rapefugee ass away from Europe and fuck off back to your desert shithole, you goat-fucking lizard-eating ape.

>Iranian sand nigger
Not Iranian, and not a sand nigger either pal.
>don't lie
Lie about what, Abdul?
>one else can differentiate you
I'm pretty sure my Western European Celtic/Germanic ass is more obvious to people then whatever shithole you came from in the Levant or Gulf.
>lmao at Iranians being taller
Then Arabs? Actual ethnic Arabs and not those Phoenician, Assyrian, Armenian, or whatever else Indo-European pockets of ethnicities in the Middle East? Yes they are. Indo-Europeans are on average taller then Semitics in the same way Hispanics are genetically shorter then Africans/Congoids, Mongoloids, and Caucasoids.
>lighter
Yes as well. Do you know even the Bin Laden family has notable Negroid admixture in it since Arabs in the Gulf states outside of Bahrain have been importing Sub-Saharan black slaves since the early Middle Ages in the 700s? Get over it mate.
>Please leave America
Abdul please, leave the Western world before you tell anyone else to leave first.

Don't bump the thread lad, if you're going to post at least sage it, I've been doing that in pretty much every post.

Ideally this failed bait thread would have died out 3 hours ago, although the OP will likely just create a new one tomorrow.

How do you sage on Veeky Forums post-Nagasaki's coup? Though you are correct, I'm pretty sure its the SAME GUY posting these anti-Iranian threads on Veeky Forums the last couple weeks.

Just type "sage" in the options bar. It literally tells you how on the Veeky Forums FAQ.

And yeah, I think it's the same guy, I think he's some Arab or Turk diaspora in Canada.

I recall these same butthurt threads being made on /int/ and /pol/ by someone with a leaf flag.

He also may be the same retard who posted the Turan bait thread here.

Bump

>Bumping this shitty thread

Fuck off, let this thread die.

Bump

I'm not Arab you dumb sand nigger lmao. And I'm not OP either.
Haha yeah right. You spam the same picture of this blonde one in a million Iranian (who still doesn't look white or European by the way) every time there is a topic about Iroooon, except that last time you admitted you were a Persian sand nigger.
Tough luck Ali.

>I'm not an Arab

You're very clearly not white, seeing as no actual white person would have any reason to be specifically butthurt against Iranians.

If you're not Arab then you must be a turkroach, since those two groups are the only ones that have any real butthurt towards Iranians.

A Turk calling anyone else sand nigger is hilarious, you roaches are the same breed of subhuman as Arabs, there's a reason you mongrels are hated by literally everyone around you.

Are you the same retard who posted the Turan thread here?

Persia.
Media.
Abbasids
It really depends who you think Iranians are, and where you cut them off from those that overtook them.

Abbassids were Persianized Arabs, they quite literally absorbed many elements from feudalistic and landed aristocrats in Persia and hence the stance changing from a caliphate that was aggressively expanding to one that was prospering economically, socially, and intellectually. One of the best Abbassid rulers was even half-Persian and even quoted the importance of Persians in their government and administration:

>"The Persians ruled for a thousand years and did not need us Arabs even for a day. We have been ruling them for one or two centuries and cannot do without them for an hour."

Not him but finding pictures of light skinned Iranians isn't that hard, you roach.

Yeah that's why it's always the same blonde politician that's posted you dumb sand nigger.

quick question

why are you iranians really proud of being ruled by arabs? and no dont give those persianized bullshit, they were still foreign conqueror

>why are you iranians really proud of being ruled by arabs?
We got our sovereignty back pretty fast.

>the problem with these muslims is they are too peaceful

>always the invaded
>never invading

(You)

If Iranians were naturally bad at war then how did they have super power empires going back to 500 BC?

Achaemenid
Parthian
Sasanian
Abbasid (Arab dynasty but Persia was the core)
Safavid
Afsharid (one of the strongest armies of the 18th century, if not the strongest)

I'm probably missing some in there

The most recent counter example being the army that Nader Shah created in the 18th century, He fought back the Ottomans, Russians, Afghans and Mughals almost at the same time in many battles where he was outnumbered

Sassanid Empire was effectively in a state of civil war according to Decline and Fall of Sasanian Empire. The were discussing the disbanding of the Sassanian-Parthian Confederacy even before the Arab armies broke into Iran because the Empire was bankrupted and weakened by a 400 year on and off war with East Rome.

If you think that article applies to anything outside of the last century you should consider not having children,

There was also a massive plague going on that killed Khosrau Parviz's successor, his second oldest son who took his great-grandfather's name as Kavadh II. The other son, the eldest, was killed by his younger brother. Kavadh II died from the plague less then two months after the last Roman-Persian war ended in 629 AD and following that, there was 7 to 8 years flooding and indunation of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers, loss of critical croplands and agricultural regions in Western Persia (Iran and Iraq) and nearly half the entire populace died as a result of pestilance and faminine. Hell they theorize it was Justinian's Plague reappearing in Persia after migrating with fleeing refugees during the first decade of war in the 7th century.

Persia was massively weakened when the Arabs showed up and Byzantines weren't much better.

As per Nader Shah 18th century

Book recommendation is Sword of Persia. According to a lot of military historians Iran had the strongest army in the world just ~250 years ago.

Because, my antennae-enriched friend, Iranians, unlike most ethnic groups out there, were the ones who assimilated their conquerors. This is pretty unique considering that 9 times out of 10 the opposite is supposed to happen.

In the case of the Arabs, it was primary non-Arabs (Arabized Mesopotamians, Muslim Spaniards, and Iranic peoples from Iran and Khawarezm) who drove the Islamic Golden Age.

The fact is that Iranians became better Muslims than Arabs (and I mean real Arabs, the desert niggers in the peninsula) could ever hope to become. Hell, if Iranians actually adopted Arabic, they would be the best Arabs out there.

Despite that, Iran still retained its historical and ethnic identity, and the Persians still kept their language, even if it contains some Arabic loan words. They also managed to kick the Arabs out of Iran after 200 years. The adoption of Shia Islam by the Safavids was just the cherry on top.

That's why Iranians are proud of being "ruled" by Arabs, and why Arabs are still buttblasted about Iranians.

Cry more Turkroach, no one is calling Iranians "white", they just aren't Arabs.

You aren't white either, for that matter.

Why do you assume anyone who hates you is a turk? Turks are pretty chill with persians asfarasIknow.

Did relations strained post revolution? Or did erdogan created some shia-sunni stuff?

>The adoption of Shia Islam by the Safavids was just the cherry on top.

a very bloody cherry If I must say.

That particular poster denied being an Arab, and as far as I know it's only Arabs and Turks who retain any butthurt over Iranians.

In the case of Turks it stems from a lot of historical stuff:

-Turks claiming Azeris as Turkic based on language, whereas Iranian nationalists claim Azeris as Iranic based on racial ancestry

-Turks claiming the Safavids, Afsharids, and Qajars as "Turkic Empires"

-Turanists claiming that Scythians and Parthians were Turkic

-Turkics and Mongolics driving Iranic people out of Central Asia (Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and Kyrgystan were considered to have historically been populated by "Iranian peoples")

Basically most of it happens to be Pan-Turkism vs Pan-Iranism, which are two totally opposite ideologies, as well as historical conflicts between the two. I doubt the majority of Turks are Islamists, Turks and Iranians are both nationalistic peoples at their core.

It was worth it though, it cemented an even greater and more unique identity for Iran.

Even when Iranians were "Sunni", they were markedly friendly and pro-Ali, and welcoming of the Twelvers and other denominations that would lead to orthodox Shia Islam.

I'm pretty sure the most anti-Shia stuff was coming out of Sunni Iran too though.

Safavid conversion of Persia to Shia was pretty interesting. Mostly a political move to give Iran a unique identity, but it adopted a lot of Zoroastrian concepts to encourage them too. Big one being dualism that is so very present in Twelver ideology

>literally being happy with genocide of their own people
Persians are truly the biggest cucks.

>genocide

Hold off on the camel piss, Ackmed, it's killing what few brain cells you have left.

As far as I know we're still around, we're still cucking your shitty "countries", and we've adopted Shiism just to make you niggers even more butthurt.

We were better than you before Islam, and we're still better than you after Islam.

Meanwhile the Arabs are still hacking each other to death in the desert.

what do you mean?

Turk here

No one cares about Iranians in Turkey. Half the people thinks Iran is another Arab country and the other half would perhaps remember from history and literature classes that Persians contributed to Turkish language and poetry greatly.

What's with Iranian diaspora and their paranoia about Turks? Have you ever visited Turkey? If you went to Turkey and introduced yourself as Iranian you would face no negative stereotypes of any sort. There is only Turanists that might have some thoughts about how Safavids etc. were Turkic but no one else would know, they aren't even thought in Turkish history classes.

I guess you visit retarded nationalist forums and interact with turanists as delusional as you are.

I wasn't talking about real life dude, national butthurt like this is only on the internet.

I doubt Turks from Turkey would face any problems in Iran, for example.

The same way Iranians on the internet often become retarded nationalists, Turks on the internet often become retarded nationalists too.

If you want an example, see these threads:

>
>

You won't see even a tenth of the butthurt between Turks, Arabs, and Iranians in real life as you do on the internet.

Yes I agree nationalists Turks on internet that go on about how Ottomans did nothing wrong or how literally everyone eat of Greece is Turkic therefore Turkish are retarded I won't argue with you on that. Nationalists defending Ottomans which fell because of rise of nationalism are probably even more retarded so you can safely ignore them, not worth the effort.

The points I made in the previous posts were specifically points that Turkish nationalists and Iranian nationalists would fight over on the internet.

Obviously, you will never see a Veeky Forums tier or /pol/ tier discussion in real life, the caricature of the average Turkish nationalist on the internet is applicable to maybe 1% of the Bozkurts in Turkey or diaspora Alamanci in Germany, the same way the caricature of the "butthurt Iranian diaspora" is applicable to like 1% of Iranian diaspora.

On the internet of course, the loudest and most retarded people gain the most attention, so things look worse than they really are.

>You're a muslim!
>No, you're a muslim!
>Wtf? hehehe no u are a muslim ;PP
what a shit board

The Persian and Roman Empires fought an on-and-off war for the better part of 700 years.
Both Empires were broke by the time of the Arab invasions and Persia was not only closer but the first target, while Romans lost their Asia Minor holdings to the Arabs.
One can well imagine if the geographic locations were switched that fortunes could have been switched as well.

Modern day Iran sucks because of Islam and theocracy.
Historically Iran suffered because they're basically a civilization in control of some important trade routes and smack at the cnter of the old world; flanked by Central Asia, NorthWest India, Arabia, Asia Minor, and the Caucasus.
Which means where English, Chinese, Indians, and Romans feared Barbarian invasion from one front, Persia had several fronts at any given time; there wasn't much in the way as era of relative peace wherein all nomadic invaders were subdued for Iranians.

>most anti-Shia stuff was coming out of Sunni Iran though
It wasn't. Main reason why Iranians were always pro-Ali/not hardcore Sunni was because Ali was markedly extremely unbiased about ethnicity in Islam of new non-Arab converts.

Bullshit. Flagrant bullshit of the highest order, Turkish butthurt is so great over the internet that your people consistently attempt to subvert Iranian intellectuals like Rumi, Tus, and Shams as Turkic.

Actually that depends. In Central and Northern/Western Iran, anti-Turkic feelings are pretty common. Even "Turk" in Persian is generally denoted as a slur for "thug", "brute", or "simple minded" because of Azerbaijani Azeris being Anti-Iranian.

>all these buttblasted iranian diaspora

go back to your country if youre so proud of your shithole. im a canadian and iranians are by far the most annoying bunch of the sandniggers

Don't be mad just because we're white and better at streetfighting than you, Zhang Zhou.

Arent you that buttblasted indian canadian?

Expect good article
Get to last paragraph
Its basically written "They just need to adopt all good US values, and they will be good at war" instead of "restructure army so their culture doesn't kill it".

do indians even care about iranians?

The only iranians I see are either laid back chill dudes or autistic retards talking about how they are 100% true aryans and white.

Iranians and Arabs both have the same predominance of dark eyes and very few almost negligible amount of light eyes.

Iranians and Arabs look almost the same except some Iranians can look Indian.

>You're very clearly not white, seeing as no actual white person would have any reason to be specifically butthurt against Iranians.

>If you're not Arab then you must be a turkroach, since those two groups are the only ones that have any real butthurt towards Iranians.

he's literally telling you you are indistinguishable from arabs lmao

>Ethnic identity and genotype is solely based on eye color

Nobody is claiming Iranians are "white", you retard. Saying Iranians are Arabs though, is retarded as hell.

>Iranians and Arabs look almost the same

"Arab" isn't even a distinct look you retard, you've clearly never met an Arab in your life.

Anyone can tell the difference between a North African Arab, a Levant Arab, and a Peninsular Arab.

And no, you can clearly tell Iranians apart from Peninsular Arabs based on facial features alone.

Then again you're clearly not interested in arguing in a civil manner, all of your posts reek of butthurt towards Iranians.

Just curious, what ethnicity are you? Because no one here is ashamed of being Iranian, and you're clearly not white judging by your posts.

every fuckin time

Every single country east of Greece and south of the Mediterranean should be nuked. It's absolutely unreal what buttblasted wewuzian retards the middle east produces, holy shit. Turks, Arabs, Persians, nothing but fucking morons.

>too scared to respond or explain his "argument"

Perhaps /pol/ would be the place for you, shitposter-kun

>Correcting retards is "wewuzzing"

This is a history board you literal retard, and if you want to see actual "wewuzzing" go look at any thread that talks about the ethnicity of ancient Greeks and Romans.

Eh, you're confusing me for some other shitskin. I don't really have a dog in this fight but I find it oh so funny that you Iranians think you're quite indistinguishable from your average Arab.

From personal observation, Iranian and Arab diaspora look almost the same except that some Iranians I've noticed look indianish and oddly enough Iranians tend to have bigger hooked noses than Arab.

All in all, I love it when you menas argue and fight each other while I, of European descent sit here and read comments of you all calling each other sand niggers. Kek

Why would I argue with shitskins? I'm just insulting you and you can't do shit.

The same is true of Slavs as well. Which means we would have to nuke so many, its barely worth it.

I can't differentiate the average Brit from the average Russian, that doesn't mean Brits and Russians are the same people.

>European descent

Kek. I don't suppose you believe that Europeans are immune to this "wewuzzery", do you? As soon as the failed abortion that is the EU collapses the Germans and Poles will be going right back to killing each other over Danzig.

This "white identity" meme is a purely American thing.

>I'm just insulting you

You're doing a damn poor job of it then, /pol/ tier insults don't faze anyone on this site. I doubt you're even capable of arguing at all.

this entire site is european wewuzzery

>Nuking Slavs instead of Eternal Teuton
Have some cost efficient solution.

Less annoying the wewuzzery of dindus and menas.

European history is dindu-tier anyways, it's hilarious seeing stormniggers trying to claim Greece and Rome as "European civilization".

Iranians suck because they have dindu genes like most people in the middle-East.

literally located in Europe
genetically close to other euroepans like slavs and germanics
>not European
just because they're not blonde doesn't mean they're shitskins like you