>mfw clutch is fucked
>mfw heater core goes
>mfw even more shit breaks
>mfw I've barely driven it
>mfw I drive it softly
>mfw the fucking thing breaks more

>mfw I've only owned it 1 month

Coulda had a corolla

...but did you have an independent mechanic look at it before buying it first?

Shoulda bought a C3

you overpaid, clearly. how did you break the clutch so soon though

>not knowing how much I paid
>not knowing the mileage

You BOUGHT a corvette. You clearly overpaid.

I'm not going to say how much I paid because clearly I'll be fucked over with bull shit but I did get an extremely good deal, you can't say I over paid

how did you fuck the clutch so soon

the retards on this bord will say if you paid anything over 800 you got raped but they love talkking about buying cars off lots with a 20percent markup for financing

You gave someone perfectly good money for a Corvette so you couldn't have gotten a good deal.

I bought it knowing it wasn't perfect but expected it to last a while. The fucker drops to the floor now. And I know I drove it correctly

>The fucker drops to the floor now

Probably a bad slave or master cylinder. Not a huge deal

You're fault you didn't check it out enough, or have someone look at it. Shoulda checked to see if a woman owned it.

Start floating gears. Am curious about how much you paid.

I drove all the way to Delaware to buy it. For whatever reason, where I live, the 6 speed manuals are rare so the prices of them are jacked up. I bought it for $5900 in Delaware and I could sell it for $8000 where I live after I get it fixed up just because it's a manual

>rides the bus

Course he probably didn't

>I've literally rebuilt the car
>Everything is still broken
Sounds like you just suck at owning cars.

What exactly is it you guys think that mechanics do during a pre-purchase inspection? Because I can tell you it isn't anything that is going to catch any of the problems OP is currently going through.

Genuine question. I see a lot of underage/nocar on Veeky Forums that believe mechanics "open up the engine" and "check things out" during a pre-purchase inspection. I get a good laugh out of it

>2k in parts

My ass. Parts for Chevys are $3.

Parts for the clutch was over $1k

independent mechanic here

everyone says they're going to
THEN NOBODY FUCKING EVER DOES

Course they're not going to open the fucken engine, but the simple fact is that if you don't know shit about cars (like most of the population) then at least someone on the spot does and can pick up all the simple, shitty stuff that they wont. Bald tyres, blowing smoke, oil leaks, overheating, worn synchros, tappet rattles etc
For someone that does know cars, I take one simply because its a 2nd opinion and to slap me back to reality so I don't get all starry eyed about something shiny.

What did you expect with a 25yo sports car? Hope its not your DD lol..
I've walked away from several deals in which the seller wouldn't allow a third party inspection. It's downright stupid not to.

I expect to do work on it every month or two, not once a week when you barely drive the fucking thing

I just bought a used car a month ago. Before I even wasted the owners time and mine, I had the car taken to an indie mechanic. It was enlightening, because the bill of health I got from the mechanic was more thorough than the dude selling the car. Even though the seller was being honest, the mechanic does that shit 5 days a week. Also, the information I got from the mechanic allowed me to haggle on the price

It's a $100 to $150 up front for the indie mechanic, but a buyer can save $1,000 or more through haggling after the mechanic is done. To me, using an indie mechanic is a no brainer for a used car purchased from a private party.

why does a clutch for a chevy cost 1000?

What were the problems the mechanic caught?

>spent more than 4 dollars for a clutch

>finds cheapest corvette you could find on craigslist
>"corvette is shit everything always breaks"

parts tend to be affordable. it's the installation that gets ya. either learn to wrench, or get a better paying job.