In the market for a new practical sport coupe that also doubles as daily driver...

In the market for a new practical sport coupe that also doubles as daily driver, there's literally NOTHING else worth holding out for beside Toyota 86. Why even live...

what the fuck were they thinking

Whats wrong with it?
Aside from pancake motor

2 series?

>BMW reliability
>daily driver

no thx senpai

nobody makes/likes cool cars anymore man

we're the minority

EcoBoostâ„¢ Mustang

You know you're at the end of days even when the only things left to circle jerk over are shitty cars made by Ford. Feels bad man.

You would be literally retarded to buy the new 86 over the new BRZ

Genesis coupe? maybe a v6 mustang with the track package or the new camaro 1LE

They're both literally the same car, you are the retard moron.

you can get a new 228i for $32k which comes with warranty

lol nice sure showed him

Buying new is for chumps, why not a used Cayman?

Except you're paying more for the Toyota, and it comes stock with less options.

Not to mention the 86 is Fucking ugly now

I thought that I at least needed back seats, but ended up with a NC miata.
Never once looked back, who needs practicality?

>who needs practicality?

People with kids who still want a nice RWD car.

>kids
forgot about those.

>kids
>rwd car

pick one

>having kids
>buying a sports car

maybe you should have thought twice about your chronic cuckold mentality before having your bitch pop 18 year parasites out of her cunt

>never getting the chance to teach stick to your son.
Y tho?

Who says you can't have kids and enjoy your automotive hobby?

Why are you so bitter? Are you still a virgin?

wew lad

Back seats are nice for tossing a jacket or bag into

>non-recaro babby seats
into the trash

Why do people think a boxer engine design makes something terrible?
>torque dip
Can be fixed with headers and a tune if you wish, although you'll kill your fuel economy and warranty. Not to mention when you're going ham you'll he revving above it anyway.
>200hp
That's to be expected of a 2.0L tuned for max power N/A.
>can't turbo it
Engine is optimized for N/A yes, if you wanted to go F/I with more than mild boost it's not like they don't make a turbo engine to get lower-comp pistons from
>not factory turbo
Then it wouldn't be cheap

>it's not like they don't make a turbo engine to get lower-comp pistons from
the pistons aren't compatible, i checked

If you actually had kids you would know how silly it is to buy luxury car seats. Kids are filthy. I bought my seats from Costco and Craigslist.

It's amazing how practical these cars are though. It's hard to find low rwd cars with more than 2 seats. It's a really nice package.

Cool car, but if you're over 30 it looks like you're trying to hard

had to opt for a new mercedes instead

damn that new front is hideous.

>Why do people think a boxer engine design makes something terrible
They have a track record of being terrible from subaru.
The car really needed an I4

The N/A 2.5s from the early 2000s were shipped with poor quality headgaskets but all of the STI stuff I can largely attribute to the drivers.

that's just typical subaru retardation

Yeah... no...
Fanboys are so delusional

Is the new toyobaru going to have any increase in power?

Any weight decrease?

yes
no

I'll just leave your solution right here...

It's only like +5hp so not really.

Also some of the suspension changes sound bad. Stiffening the rear end is high on the to do list for my 86 but they are softening it up on the new one.

The manual has 5hp more and more aggressive gearing. I don't think Europe gets the upgraded motor though because of emissions. The days of high output NA cars is over

The suspension doesn't sound softer, it sounds more compliant.

Overall it sounds like a better car, but the changes are subtle even when driving them back to back. Not worth trading in an older 86 for.

I really like the performance package options though. I will probably upgrade with those parts eventually

Not even a huge fanboy, but I don't hear a ton of negative things about subaru engines that aren't abused to hell and back.

I've heard some anons talk about camber bolts for the front to correct the positive camber, have you heard of that before messing with the suspension?

I'm not him, but you should read up on OEM crash bolts. I that's what you're thinking of. I think they have aftermarket options too. It just depends on how serious you want to get with the car

Main issue I have is wheel hop under heavy throttle in slippery conditions. Not sure that camber would help with that?

>ringlands
>weak rods
>bad bearings
>piston slap
>oiling issues from bad oil feeds
Go read a little

I've heard that the rear sub frame from the BRZ tS makes a huge difference with that sort of thing

Thanks I'll have a look into that.

Nevermind, I thought you were on about dialing out understeer.

Most of those memes come from later Subaru engines because they increased in production like 4 fold, and got sloppy and tried to cut costs by using cheaper materials.

Based Subaru engines are from 2005 and earlier.

>straight copying the 86

When will Japan invade Korea or wherever the fuck Hyundai is from

The genesis came out before the 86

>Based Subaru engines are from 2005 and earlier.
No.... go read son

subaru engines have always been weak internally
not a boxer issue, it's a subaru issue

Not had issues with understeer unless I enter the corner waaay too fast and the tires nope out.

What's wrong with going softer?
You'll have more body roll and therefore more weight to throw around and play with.

I'm sure Toyota engineers know just a ~little~ more about suspension tuning than your average Ksport or Megan-wielding stancenigger who thinks his 200hp coupe is a race car necessitating 1000lb spring rates on the street.

Shut fuck

>FF
Yeah no