Anyone own a 370?

Anyone own a 370?

I'm looking at upgrading from my first shit box camery to my first real car.

Looking at used models with around 30k miles.
Is this a dangerous buy being a used sports car?

just buy a C5 z06 and supercharge it. Less gay and more fun

I should add that I'm Australian and can't get cool American cars

Aw damn dude. Subaru WRX is pretty fun, functional too.

Douchebag starter car

basically this

Could you at least pretend you're not samefagging

The Z is boyracer trash. Just get another camry faggot.

Not samefag. "(You)'s prove it.

whats wrong with being a boyracer

You just look immature. If its just going to be a daily, there are comfier cars. If you want to mod it to make a good track car there are better/cheaper cars to modify.

thanks i appreciate the opinion.
I do want some think that stands out a bit, but I'm aware a 370 is pretty over the top. But I still find that appealing.

>You just look immature
>implying the opinions of others, who are probably retarded, matter
>living for the approval of others

you can always tell who the real children are, because they constantly worry about being called children.

>370
>Not falling for the 350 meme
what gives?

Nobody in real life is going to give you shit for it, people are more impressed than anything.

Don't listen to anything Veeky Forums says, if you have the money, get it.
Handles really well & is a good base for upgrades. The VQ35HR is a beast also.

Is the 350z a meme?I couldn't give a shit if it is but what is good/bad about it?The general consensus of it?I'm getting one in a couple of months.

Basically this.

>Silvia is dead, but Z-series lives on.
Can only do it on large displacement now I guess, "poor" people not apply anymore.

Do it, have fun. It's cool af.
>Is this a dangerous buy being a used sports car?
It's not old enough to have serious issues.

kind of thread jacking, I'm looking at 350z's, these things are always for sale around 100k miles, is some kind of major maintenance here that owners are trying to offload on to someone else?

If I want a reliable daily is 100k miles too much and/or do these cars have any issues I'm unaware of?

FRS/BRZ is a better daily.

The 370 has more power, but its more fat and sloppy to drive. Also, no trunk space and meh MPGs.

Infiniti G37

Same engine and drivetrain as the 370Z but way better creature comforts and styling. Way more refined.

Can be had for roughly the same price too,

I work around Nissan vehicles all the time, driving them to and fro in the dealer's parking lot. One thing significant about the 370z compared to all the cars I have ever driven, is how low to the ground the seat feels while driving. I'm a pilot in a rocket ship in that car. Steering response is amazing. Clutch, on the other hand, is something a novice, like me, would need some getting used to. Similarities between a 370z and a Toyota Camry are very few, I would suggest trying out a variety of cars, specifically sports cars since it's what I'm implying you want to buy.

I drive a 6mt g35 sedan, has 180k and done all scheduled maintainence. Fun as fuck to drive and kills v6 slowstangs

I test drove a 350Z some months back before settling on a different car. I hated the poor visibility and thought the clutch was tricky. Interior quality was unforgivable.

Dont the piston rings take a shit on those?
I was looking at a g35 sedan and that came up

>msrp: $30,000
>Horsepower: 332 to 350 hp

Why do you guys waste so much time and money bickering over these shit tier cars? You have the power:weight ratio of a $1,500 motorcycle and sacrifice a tremendous amount of functionality and comfort to achieve it.

Just why?

Get a corvette you morons

Factory warranting covering motor, tran, and electronics expire at 100k

Just get an SS Commodore. The VFs are fucking fast.

No it isn't you stupid fuck.

>3.7L 6 cylinder vs 2.0L 4 cylinder

GEE I WONDER WHAT THE BETTER HIGHWAY CRUISER IS

just get a mkiv turbo supra and be done with it.

Answer to you question is no OP, it's not dangerous.

Ignore all the other idiots who aren't even answering your question and just throw "you should buy this" your way, buy what YOU want.

why would you post this here? all the amerifats are just gonna bash you for even thinking of getting a 370, although it's better than any shitty american car made in the past decade.

Amerifat here
Buy the Z car.

The z is a good car but if you think the mustang and camaro aren't good cars then you're fucking stupid.

Don't get the auto tranny it's like 10k when it breaks.

The only people who think you're immature or a boyracer for buying a car like that, are people who can't afford them. Others either don't care. Buy what you want and not for the approval of others.

Friend of mine owned an Auto 2009 for a few years, he loved it, no problems apart from being T-bonned by Asian drivers in Sydney. Drove it a few times. Fun car.

>Silvia is dead, but Z-series lives on.
I bet their reasoning is that the Z car has more heritage and history and shit than the Silvias

If badge engineering is what they want; they should have made the current and future Z cars light and have an inline 6. Just like how their original creator wanted it to be

Longer wheelbase, not as nimble.

thanks everyone, wasn't sure what the general view was of the car, but it sounds good.

I've booked in for a test drive from what you guys have said.

definitely wouldn't be getting auto

I always liked the newer Z cars but they're too damn heavy, especially for their size. Where is all that weight coming from?

picked up a 2013 base + sport with the 6mt for 23k, had 20k miles on it. was certified pre owned, one owner, full records + 100k warranty because cpo.
they're usually reliable, but a warranty is a good idea if you're gonna be hard on it. parts aren't cheap and it isn't the easiest thing to work on. most of the problems i've had have been fuel related - starvation around hard corners under half a tank(still not fixed, only solution is aftermarket or keeping it full) and i've had it in twice for the gas gauge not reporting correctly which seems to be relatively common, and would've been 800$ each time had I not had the warranty.

lighter than almost every comparable car, esp for the price. sure there's a miata and the gt86 but lol 200 hp. cayman but that's 30k more at the least

Don't get a 350 or g35. The vq35 burns oil and everyone will know you were too poor for the g37.

vq35hr is fine, no oil consumption from my experience. had a 2007 350z with 100k on it

Test drove this a 5.0 mustang and a gen coupe last year.

Needed to be a daily driver... Bought the gencoupe. 370 defines what an uncomfortable automobile is. If youre 5'4" fikl your boots. Otherwise look elsewhere.

How is the handling on the 370z? How does it compare to the STI and Mustang?

>he bought the revup motor
Laughingwhores.jpg

But the 35 still looks great and HR motor solved the problem.

Dif user, but appearance makes a difference. It can land you a good job/deal/friend whatever.
And a non white trash wife

2006 is the revup, 2007 and 2008 are the hr which are completely different.
>he doesn't know what he's talking about
jasongenova.png

Me too! What year is yours??

>And a non white trash wife
And then you will sell the car to buy a 4-seater. What was the point then?