TRUCKER FAG THREAD

>Obtaining a CDL: How do?
Community College or a dedicating truck driving school. Do your research and don't get sucked into a "school" that's actually just a meat grinder for a shit company. Do not pay over $5000 for a course that lasts several months.
>How can I into avoidings shit companies?
Here are some decent/good companies:
pastebin.com/Sv0cyWyH
If you don't see the company you're looking at included on this list, lurk moar.

>I could totally go to school but I'd rather be a trucker.
If you think you'll love the lifestyle, maybe. You'd be better off getting a """""real""""" job. You can fall back on trucking at any time, but it is essentially a path of decent money for those that fail at everything else.
You can have good business sense and work ethic and make it big as an owner operator, but you would do even better at any other job.

Obligatory meme section
-----
>You will get fat.
>The only clothing you'll own are pajamas.
>The only reason you get paid well is because you work 70 hours per week.
>The longest relationship you'll get is 15 minutes with a lizard.
>Eating nothing is better than roller dogs.
>You have the most dangerous job in the nation.
>The D.O.T., Police, and Le'dash-uh in receiving hate you, and will harass you every chance they get.
>Other drivers hate you.
>Your job will be obsolete once self-driving trucks become available.
>Your loved ones miss you.
>If you don't change careers you will forever be considered a cuck and a homo. Especially if you cuckbox with another fag driver.
>lol 'murrica

>4 4 T O N N E S
>4
>T
>O
>N
>N
>E
>S

Old thread →

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W_dV9sjmdqQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

who remembers when truckerfag threads were tf giving us stories

>tfw will be on the road for mlb playoffs

I hate life sometimes

You at least have based XM radio?

Oh stick ball. Meh

So anyway to get into Truck faggin with pay without having to pay to go to schools?

I'm broke as all fuck.

There are companies that will train you for free. They'll also lock you into a contract for 6-12 months and treat you pretty shitty. Or you could take out a small student loan and sign up with a better company that offers tuition reimbursement. Also plenty of funding available from social programs that can cover part or all of schooling costs, because of Obama and stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=W_dV9sjmdqQ

I don't mind being treated like shit, its better then being homeless.

True dat. But seriously if you're that bad off, look into work placement programs. I know a few guys who got all their training and license fees covered by Uncle Sam. Or just sign up to work for swift, that option hasn't blown up in anyone's face for a thread or two

Yes

Not making wide turns or not buttonhooking was the problem, not swift

My mentor is actually a little mad that I make too wide of turns trying to avoid something like that

They don't flap. They're rachet-strapped down all the way along so it's nice and taut.

They do tend to flex a bit in crosswinds, You occasionally see a truck driving along with the side concave.

Tell him you heard of a guy fired from Swift for demolishing a utility pole, and he'll cut you a little slack.

>Tell him you heard of a guy fired from Swift for demolishing a utility pole, and he'll cut you a little slack.
And show him the picture

Speaking of curtainsides, I forgot I had this

>that guy(?) in the bottom left
JUST
what the fuck went wrong?

Found a kitten on the side of I94 with ZF. Named him Dexter since I was heading to the TA outside Ann Arbor when I found him. Taking the day off to take him to the vet and get his shots and shit.
>ella is fucking irate

When did I have stories?

An attempt was made.

From many years of being a homeless trucker, I can say it's much better to not be treated like shit.

As long as you button hook instead of jug handling I don't see the problem.

Finally a decent op pic.

>mentor gets mad because I don't brake the same with an empty trailer as I should with a 43,000 pound trailer
>avoids those loads and doesn't give me the experience because he thinks I'll treat them the same

Jesus Christ. I know its empty, that's why I treat it that way

Hey look, he's the Captain of y'alls truck so you do things his way so he feels comfortable kicking you out asap. When you get your own truck then drive it the way you like.

You've never driven in the winter, have you?

Oh, look guys, another best in class newbie who knows everything about driving a truck and is smug about it when others disagree with his notions of doing so. Surely this is a completely unique phenomenon and nothing is capable of going wrong.

I imagine this is more about forming safe habits so you don't end up like M&Ms

not enough bullying and weak parents

Pretty much what
And
Are saying. You're there to learn cause really, you REALLY don't know anything yet. And the more you don't listen the more horrifying you're first week solo will be. I wish I had asked so many more questions when I was still training. I'm glad he hammered the maintenance stuff as hard as he did tho.
My first winter experience was a hailstorm on the top of a mountain it was so loud you couldn't think.
My cats name is dexter. I miss him but he seems happier at the house

Wtf I hate trucking now

Thought you'd like that, m8

I know to slow the fuck down during snow, I'm not stupid

So, do you strap down the band members, or use chains?

Hey thats what i said about turning

>ZF
your new slave?

K E K
E
K

Top of the morning lads
What a great weather to watch anime on the clock

>HP
Fuck outta here with that pleb computer

>A truck driver watching anime
>And actually using a good media player and not vlc garbage

Mob psyco 100, you'll thank me later

Hey, better than appleshit.
Got a big monitor, has biometrics installed so I can unlock it with my finger prints, 500g HD so I can store all the anime I want, it does its job

Until it cooks itself to death. HP is a shit, has been for years. Apple is a shitty company for how they gouge wallets and their patent practices, but they make a good product, provide good support for their products, and don't take shit from the government. Still I wouldn't buy either one, personally. I'm getting a Clevo when I pay off the credit cards.

How comes trucks aren't diesel electric hybrids like trains?

Depends on how good the band is.

If they are good, you use light chains and cuffs in a direct tiedown method and brace with felt pads

If they suck, you use an indirect tiedown method and nylon straps which you clamp down on with a breaker bar

I assume it's because swapping a mechanical transmission for a generator wouldn't make significant weight or space savings on a truck. For trains that need to move way heavier loads, it does

Weight limits. A tractor is almost useless over 32,000lbs, and almost all of them are right around 30,000lbs wet weight. Throw in 100-600lbs of driver and all their shit and there's no margin left for batteries and shit.

>that glare
Sweet fuck. Can you see anything?

This one throws tarps and straps and shit. It's great, but I only have her one day a week.

Ella liked it more at home, but Deter is happy anywhere, even the vet's office.
>still has dewormer dried out around his mouth

That's the type of hubris that's going to land your tandem axle on top of a car.

Trains aren't hybrids. The diesel engine connects directly to a generator, not to the wheels.

>for batteries and shit.
As far as I'm aware of, diesel-electric trains don't have batteries, other than what's needed to start the diesel engine.

They have a diesel engine that acts as a generator, constantly producing electricity for the electric motors to move the train.

That is called a serial hybrid.

Cars are Parallel-Serial Split hybrids.

cute lizard

It's called DoE. Diesel over Electric.

You can have a DoE system on locos, vessels and earthmoving equipment.

If the diesel system was connected to a hydraulic power pack, it is a DoH system. If the propulsion is compressed air to Rams or turbines, it is a DoP system.

Hybrid is a wishy washy car manufacturing term for vehicles with conventional and electric propulsion and no loco propulsion system is labelled as such.

They also don't have such tight weight and length limits, and can run with half a dozen engines all running multiple motors.

The motors needed to move a semi aren't light or cheap.

He looks high as fuck.. and probably estatic at getting food on a daily basis and not freezing to death. The doc have a ballpark on the age?

I was under the impression the setup was Engine > Supercapacitor > Motors, but then I've been mistaken many times before. I may be thinking of a vehicle from some animu or vidya.

Saw someone walking a pig today in the city
San Francisco you never cease to amaze me

> can you see anything?
Yeah. I just tilted it sideways so you people didn't see my ugly mug

Diesel-electric serial hybrids are already powering a lot of new urban transit buses; no mechanical power transmission at all. There are also CVT's in use in more conventional parallel-hybrid urban transit buses. It makes a lot of sense for vehicles repeatedly doing 0-30 acceleration / deceleration all day long.

For an OTR truck that is supposed to spend most of its time in a steady-state cruise on the highway, it's added cost for little benefit.

The system BAE sells for these buses is a combo generator/motor setup, in a transmission-sized package that weighs about 1000 lbs, for vehicles "up to 63,000 lbs". it's not wholly impractical. You get the advantage of being able to treat the engine like an equipment engine and just run it at a steady RPM.

That's a big damn pig too. I've heard of miniature and pot-belly pigs as pets, but that's a bit out there, especially in a large metropolitan city.

>pot-belly pig
I googled it and I think that's what I saw.
>grows from 100-300lbs
It was probably on the higher end of that spectrum. It kinda looked like this.

Pro tip: you cannot use a BMW M3 to jump a truck.

JUST "fuck my shit up". B. Hunt

>As long as you button hook instead of jug handling
JARGON

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I was talking about one of these actually, maybe they have different names in different regions. Had one of these for a while as a kid.

Jumped my truck with my Blazer once. Had to trickle charge the batteries for an hour and a half.
I mean, you're not wrong, but at least that's somewhat sensible jargon. Button-hook is easier to spit out than "pull forward and swing wide into the oncoming lane of the road you're turning onto."

Please add my comment to the cap when shtf

Are they a shitty company? I always see them recruiting in my area.

Is dat some slushbox allison I see.

To be fair, it doesn't look like that door has a dock plate, and since it's a sea can they might have to angle it in weird

>sea can
JARGON

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That it is.

Pic doesn't do the docking angle justice, it was all fucked up.

Lel. Wtf is going on here? Are you that guy on the bottom left?

You can tell by the shadows how fucked that backing job is.

Will do

Someone dun stoleded muh wheels! (Again.)

(For the third time)

For what purpose?

The town of Marshfield, where Roehl is HQ'd was putting on a public benefit concert or some other such bollocks. Someone had the bright idea to use a 102" wide curtainside as a stage, which ended up being laughably small for such a use.
I was not in attendance, though if I had I would have suggested the use of a flatbed trailer parked right next to the curtainside trailer, which would have brought raucous laughter from all because Marshfield never has any flatbed trailers

>2x4s supporting the whole truck

You should get in the habit of not setting your brakes, so that when these jokers go to put that thing down, it crushes them

Wats a good media player?

Yeah the Nissan frontier worked fine. The m3 has something that cuts the drain to the battery after a couple mins.

My normal board is /k/, but I'm a mechanic and recently started driving dump truck, so I guess I'll post here

>pls no bully

We have some fun times with all the times the trucks get thrown in ditches

The truck I'm normally driving is a DM model Mack dump quad axle
Fuckers been rolled into the ditch 4 times in 4 years and still keeps going

We also have 3 newer Macks
I believe they are all the Granite models
2 round rock boxes and one square box

Pic related is from today after we finally got her back together after this recent round of ditch diving

OOSH that would be fun. I'll inform the troops.

To sell them for crack, presumably. Like I said, this isn't the first time they've done it. We stole their last set of tools when they got spooked, I guess they got new tools.

You in PA by any chance? I always see tons of those quad axle Macks like you're describing in that state

So we're in Northern Wisconsin which has incredibly shitty roads and tons of sand

This is usually the reason for dumping them over

This is from the good driver we have

>driving along dirt road
>no shoulder
>pulls close to edge to allow another truck to pass him
>shoulder completely collapses
>rolls the entire truck on its side and high centers the axles on the non collapsed part of the road
>fucks up the entire hood
>crane/wrecker comes
>4 cables
>picks it up
>shakes it once
>sets it down
>drives it back to the shop

Fucker doesn't die

Don't have the pic of this particular ditch adventure unfortunately
Said driver has the pic

This recent time though...

Different driver
This guy is hard as fuck on trucks and never gives a shit so as a mechanic it pisses me off
>driving along
>suddenly feels something break in the front end
>starts tracking right
>he starts slowing down trying to outsteer it
>lolnope
>pulls him fullspeed into the ditch at a 45 degree angle into a swamp
>mud to the hood ornament
>broke the passenger leaf spring
>broke the bell housing
>tore 2 solid 1/2 inch steel brackets off the back that held lights and air lines
>crushed the battery box/passenger step
>bent the shit out of the U bolts
>can't even remember what else

Turns out the bell housing and leaf spring had been broken for a long time, the hit just finally broke them loose

Been working for the past 5 days like a fucking mad man to get it together
And then get this
My boss complains that me calling him to organize shit to get the truck on the road by today to make him money
>was ruining his weekend

This truck never dies tho

see

I use MPC

heres the other trucks

Air ride, steerable pushers, AC, doesn't overheat if you have the heat off, actually goes somewhere quickly

>quad axle
>actually has 5 axles

Common core educated

Truck driver divorce
It's very sad
(Steel guitars Usually weep all over it)
The bold & intelligent MASTERS OF THE ROAD,
With their Secret Language,
And their GIANT OVER-SIZED MECHANICAL TRANS-CONTINENTAL HOBBY-HORSE
Truck driver divorce
It's very sad
Oh the wife
Oh the kids
Oh the waitress
Oh the drive all night

Sometimes when you get home,
Some ugly lookin' son-of-a-bitch
Is trying' to pooch yer HOME-TOWN SWEETHEART

Oh, go ride the bull
Oh, go ride the bull
Make it go up 'n down
'N when you fall off,
You can eat the mattress
TRUCK DRIVER DIVORCE.
IT'S VERY SAD!
Bust yer ass
To deliver some string beans,
Deliver some string beans,
Deliver a whole bunch of string beans,
To UTAHHHHHH

>can't count to five

I think it is just an American education thing.

I'm going to find you cheeki cunts and run you over with our loader

Steer axle doesn't count as an axle to the feds
>government in charge of doing math

They managed to lose a fuck ton of money this last year
Just
Lost it

Kinda want to do the backing guitar to this desu

Had to pull over for two of these oversized loads coming through Nevada.

I got my CDL, went through orientation, they threw me in a truck with a trainer last tuesday. Next load is going through NYC tomorrow, on a scale of 1 to holocaust how shitty of a time am I in for?

The Holocaust didn't happen so you will be fine.

It's so tiny that it's cute

o-okay

full length trailer?

It's a Frank Zappa song. Would love to hear a cover tho nig

53'

so yeah
as in not a shorty

have fun

why are paccar motors so shitty? My first time on I70 in CO in this truck and I actually had to drop all the way to 4th gear (13 speed) on the climb to the eisenhower tunnel

cause it's not a CAT or mechanical 466

could be a worn out turbo, loss of compression, weak engine for what you're hauling, etc

If it weren't for federal regs, all of the engines would be putting out a fuck ton of torque

Hell, you can reprogram the computers to put out a shit ton more torque, but if you get busted on an inspection, it's $10,000 a day till it's fixed

The police still made cars get off the road for them, probably because it was a two lane highway.

B-but I'm not a n-nig