Can you really be so good at driving stick that otherwise carsick passengers wont get sick at all in your car because...

Can you really be so good at driving stick that otherwise carsick passengers wont get sick at all in your car because your shifts are that smooth?

I don't think it's the jerking from a shift that gives people car sickness. The best you could do is get your shifting so smooth that it feels like an electric car

of course ist possible. not for americans tho.

If driven properly, a manual car drives smoother than an automatic.

I'm an american child of eastern european immigrants so can I do it?

I drive stick and there have been people who I've driven with in automatic and stick cars that have made me car sick.

If I don't get sick in their car I feel I can trust them as a driver more.

I have also been complimented by the way I drive stick from a few passengers who didn't know the experience could be smooth. Said their family members always had the vehicles jerking about.

Only if you wear a tracksuit.

This is the part you find hard to believe/unrealistic?

But the clutch dies sooner because the only way to hide the interruption in power is some degree of clutch slipping

Even if you don't think you're doing it, you're grinding it until it lights on fucking fire.

If I keep very light throttle applied while shifting the shift is so smooth I can barely feel it and I'm not riding the clutch anymore then I would normally. If anything I'm saving the clutch by matching revs

The throttle application is causing the clutch to slip and heat up a bit, except in rare cases where engine speed and input shaft speed are perfectly matched

And the higher rotational velocity just makes that slipping harder on the clutch

It's a good fucking thing clutches were designed to be replaced, or else everyone would be fucking their drivetrain with some nasty torsional forces instead

When i first got into cars but couldnt drive.
My friend picked me up and his car kept jerking while driving in myapartment complex
"BRO THATS MAD IS THIS TURBOD"

"no man its my sisters manual B)"

I'm Albanian can I still make it work

So what are you supposed to do for smoothest ride or for best car health?

Clutch wear comes from heat. Clutch slipping under light throttle or no throttle is much less damaging than clutch slipping under heavy throttle (higher torque = more force applied to the clutch = more heat) so as long as you don't have a lead foot and you shift properly its fine

I can drive stick so well I can soothe a collicky baby to sleep

Yes. 99% of people in the rest of the world manage it.

And not just for the driver.
I've had people complaining about jerky shifts that felt just fine to me.

Driving an automatic makes me uneasy from the unexpected and sudden lurches.
Especially that time I was riding in a van that turned out to be missing gears between second and fifth.

Uncomfortable g-forces are mainly caused by turning and accelerating/braking and not by shifting.

Lrn2watercup

> the only way to hide the interruption in power is some degree of clutch slipping
That's the whole idea of the common clutch, I see no problem with that.

Clutches are to be replaced sooner or later, just like any other friction-based working part.
>Hurr but the brakes die sooner if braking lightly to hide the tilting forces

>Clutches are to be replaced sooner or later, just like any other friction-based working part.

Typical americunt thinking.
> 'Hurr durr I burn muh clutch becuz it disposable wear item durr'.
No. You mind the clutch wear because you have to take most of the car apart to fix it. That, and anything to do with the gearbox.
If the clutch dies before the car's devalued to practically worthless, you've been abusing the poor thing.

But that's not the only way to shift smoothly.

Try rev matching. You can dump the clutch.

No, only russians, poles, slovaks, hungarians, belorussians, ukranians, latvians, lithuanians serbians and estonians can do it. Sorry, bro.

What actually gives people carsickness are wallowing suspensions of American barges. Other cars go over bumps, hump up and down once and are done with it. American barges go over bumps and afterswing for seconds.

hhahhahahahahaha people with IQ60 can be so funny sometimes

Yeah, but you're not.

not if the automatic is a cvt

or a properly maintained wet-clutch dsg

No, car sickness comes from people having a disconnect between what they're seeing and what they're feeling. That's why a lot of people get car sick if they're on their phones or reading, etc. Theyre focused on a static object and the car is cornering, accelerating, decelerating, etc.

That's why you tell kids to roll the window down and look out it, it brings their attention to the car moving and reduces that sensory disconnect.

No, the way to shift smoothly is not to fuck up your synchros. You just have to change gear at appropriate times, and not dump the clutch suddenly.

Friend of mine thought for years I drove an auto and just liked fiddling with the gearshift.

>AT
>CVT
These are not the same.

When I finally got around to watching Iniishurru D, I got DEJA VU because I received that same compliment about my shifting in my bang stang. A lot of people tell me my shifting is very smooth and it doesn't jerk like they would expect from a manual.

I'm so good with the stick it goes in so damn smoothly. After a while of riding stick you find when and how to slip it in perfectly to where there is no friction. My partners always compliment me and say; "damn i loved the way it just slipped right in" as apposed to when i was new and i had to rub it around a bit until it decided to go in. I haven't gotten sick or anyone sick ever since i got so good at riding stick.

unless you have decent throttle control, nerd

Do you guys have a problem driving manual? I didn't think most of you drove at all. The fact that this is even a thread is embarrassing.

People who get car sick are just a bunch of faggots who need to get over it.

If you dump the clutch it will be felt unless you're better than dagumi and match within several RPMs instead of several hundred

>tfw cheap DBW system
>tfw impossible to give car 'a little' gas
>tfw conversion to throttle cable is mentioned but nobody's ever done it