Which of the following should I buy?

Which of the following should I buy?

-2012 370Z
-2012 Miata GT PRHT
-2013 FR-S

This will be my new DD. The 370Z is the fastest but also the heaviest and gets the worst MPG. The Miata is the lightest and has a cool retractable hardtop but is the slowest. Unfortunately I can't afford the Miata Club. The FR-S has the best MPG and is in-between weight-wise. It also looks the best imo. My budget is $18K. Performance isn't a big factor since this will be my DD.

Other urls found in this thread:

autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2017&zip=95608&transmissionCode=MAN&maxPrice=18000&transmissionCodes=MAN&showcaseListingId=422805303&mmt=[MAZDA[MIATA[]][]]&modelCode1=MIATA&sortBy=distanceASC&showcaseOwnerId=56020132&startYear=2009&makeCode1=MAZDA&firstRecord=0&numRecords=100&searchRadius=100&listingId=429287350&Log=0
autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2017&zip=95608&maxPrice=18000&showcaseListingId=429440597&mmt=[NISSAN[370Z[]][]]&modelCode1=370Z&sortBy=distanceASC&startYear=1981&makeCode1=NISSAN&showcaseOwnerId=68207797&firstRecord=0&numRecords=100&searchRadius=300&listingId=421950734&Log=0
autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2017&zip=95608&maxPrice=18000&showcaseListingId=0&mmt=[SCION[SCIFRS[]][]]&modelCode1=SCIFRS&sortBy=distanceASC&startYear=1981&makeCode1=SCION&showcaseOwnerId=0&firstRecord=0&numRecords=100&searchRadius=100&listingId=433284014&Log=0
sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5746529807.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

miata

>The Miata:
autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2017&zip=95608&transmissionCode=MAN&maxPrice=18000&transmissionCodes=MAN&showcaseListingId=422805303&mmt=[MAZDA[MIATA[]][]]&modelCode1=MIATA&sortBy=distanceASC&showcaseOwnerId=56020132&startYear=2009&makeCode1=MAZDA&firstRecord=0&numRecords=100&searchRadius=100&listingId=429287350&Log=0

>The 370Z:
autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2017&zip=95608&maxPrice=18000&showcaseListingId=429440597&mmt=[NISSAN[370Z[]][]]&modelCode1=370Z&sortBy=distanceASC&startYear=1981&makeCode1=NISSAN&showcaseOwnerId=68207797&firstRecord=0&numRecords=100&searchRadius=300&listingId=421950734&Log=0

>The FR-S:
autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2017&zip=95608&maxPrice=18000&showcaseListingId=0&mmt=[SCION[SCIFRS[]][]]&modelCode1=SCIFRS&sortBy=distanceASC&startYear=1981&makeCode1=SCION&showcaseOwnerId=0&firstRecord=0&numRecords=100&searchRadius=100&listingId=433284014&Log=0

No replacement for displacement

FRS.

More fun on the street than the 370Z from having approachable limits, better MPG than the other two, and has a bigger trunk + backseats.

Look at a G37 6 speed coupe, otherwise I'd just get a FRS/BRZ. Maybe consider a Ford ST just from how hard they depreciate.

>FRS
>dealer says our cars may have unrepaired safety recalls
>370z
>salvage title
Also, if you're looking at 18k cars, your budget needs to be $20k for taxes and registration.

It's called ecoboost

Why dont you test drive each one and see how you like them?

Ive only driven the FRS and the Miata, I own a 15 Miata Ive put 22k on since it had 3 miles and I love driving it still every day. The main complaints I see are that it's slow, and small. Well... yeah it's real fun to drive it 100% then hold back on public streets imo, and i do NOT want back seats to ferry people around, trunk is plenty big enough for me to do cross country trips on.

>salvage title 370Z
Oops, I didn't see that. It's just an example anyway. Here's another with a clean title:
sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5746529807.html

370z
The other two are slow. If youve never owned faster ur good but once you feel speed downgrading is...unbearable.

Dont trust the poorfag children who own slow cars. Engine first, everything else second. Unless its like a challenger or some stupid american car.

Faster is always better. Fight me poor displacement taxed eurocucks

Also that VQ noise

It's a lot easier to make things faster than it is go make them lighter.

As someone who has driven all three, I say none.

370z handles like a big American car, you can really feel it's weight and it feels more like a GT cruiser than a sport car.

Miata is fun to drive at 100% through the hills but in normal every day traffic it's the equivalent of driving around a Yaris or like likes, zero balls.

The FR-S (or 86 here in Kangaroo land) really needs a turbo because without it, the Miata it is fucking painfully slow. It handles well, but so do plenty of other cars for a fraction of the price with more power to boot (s15, 180sx, s14, s2000, dc2r, ect ect) you get the point.

tl;dr, buy an old RWD turbo car that doesn't suffer from being pigfat and/or lacking serious power.

Why no FiST user? 18k could get you a decent used one.
>ecomeme

G37S 6MT. Its a GT brother to the 370z. Every bit as much fun, more livable as a daily and better styling.

>Dont trust the poorfag children who own slow cars.

Then how about the the words from the father of the nissan Z line?

>Katayama retired from Nissan in 1977, but he remained a car guy right through to the end, earning a spot in the Automotive Hall of Fame in Dearborn, Michigan, in 1998. On his 100th birthday, Mr. K was still as feisty as ever, criticizing the Nissan 370Z as “so-so,” bemoaning its weight and price. “I’d like to have a sports car like the Miata,” Mr. K said in 2009. “The Miata is taking the place of the 240Z …. The fun of driving cars is the same as riding a horse. We need a car that is like riding on horseback. We are making robots. Robots don’t like human control.”

You know it's a shit car when he says so.
rip mr K, you glorious bastard

Does the 370Z really feel that heavy? It weighs 3232 lbs iirc, which isn't too bad compared to the pony cars.

Miata or 370z
Miata is basically a go-kart. And it's faster than the shitty frs boyracer-mobile

370z has glorious vq engine, and is the fastest. 0-60 is high 4s to low 5s. Just missing out on backseats

Dont listen to those faggots saying get the frs. They just want to justify their slow shitbox

>just want to justify their slow shitbox

>suggests a miata

honestly even the 370 is kinda slow

>hickok
fuck off back to /k/

The FR-S is actually faster than the NC. At least certainly the Grand Touring hardtop like OP said. The NC Club is about as fast as the FR-S but it's a good chunk more expensive. You can't find one for $18K.

>(s15, 180sx, s14, s2000, dc2r, ect ect)

FeelsBadMan that we can only really get one of those in the US.

2015 Miata.

you can tune a NC to be as powerful as a FR-S (and it's lighter too), and if you start with an older one it will be much cheaper including the mods.

Why not a c5 vette? Good examples for $18k, faster than all 3, better mpg than 370z, cheapish to maintain

Frs and swap the 370z engine in. Best car eva

2015 Miata is the same as 2012. Did you mean 2016? Because that's way beyond OP's budget.

does that sound like practical advice in your head?

You can mod an FR-S too.

Try test driving each and come to your own conclusion. Otherwise buy a Civic and STFU

Question:

135i?

Always the Z car!!
Don't even think about it.

I cross-shopped one with a 335i and it doesn't seem to stand out to me as something I'd like to own like the 335i does.

As for OP I own a 370z and there's a fair bit of quality of life issues as a DD, the short version is it's kind of harsh to drive but the power puts it above the other two in respects to a fun DD. Also it handles way better than you'd think given the comparitive weight

Oh, right. As for actual recommendations, Z if you want a car that's a bit of everything in a good way, FR-S if you want a bit of everything in a bad way (lacking in these respects too much), Miata if you're willing to wait for an ND and aren't thrilled but the notion of power but more of a feelsy, tiny car you can toss around.

NC a shit by the way.

Exactly, the dude is deciding between a slowbaru that's slower than a Honda oddysey and some poofter hairdresser car. Z car wins by default

>/b/ tier memes: the post

Late to reply, but if you're looking at a z, at least get the sport package. You get wider wheels, tires, LSD, better brakes, and the rev match.

>DD a coupe
Are you retarded or just an idiot?

>DD anything but a coupe
Go home dad, not all of us need that space for our fat wife and little pieces of shit
>b-b-b-but muh friends
Cool, take their car if you need to transport more people.

You're like one of those retards that buys a truck because you MIGHT need to pick up something from Home Depot one day.

Get a nice sedan to drive around, FF with good mileage and lots of creature comforts
Get a coupe to WW/project and a used truck from CL for the occasional heavy duty job

It's absolute nonsense to just have one car, especially one that's so small and worthless

You'll want to go with the FRS. Most DD-able out of the 3. The 370 is too fat and has almost no trunk. The miata is the smallest. The FRS drives the best, has "backseats" (better than nothing), and mediocre trunk space.

While I agree that having a dd and project car is best, some people (most people) don't want to pay insurance for more than one car or are into modifying shitboxes.