Is the Volt the greatest hybrid of all time?

Is the Volt the greatest hybrid of all time?

no.

I can agree with that. The Fisker Karma may be prettier, but it's also absurdly expensive.
The Toyota Prius is more popular, but it isn't as efficient
That's not as efficient as the Volt.

Jay Leno uses a Volt as a daily driver and averages over 1000 miles per gallon. At 10,000 miles, he was still on the tank of fuel in the car when he first got it from the dealer. Said Volt Tank is 10 gallons BTW.

op asked for greatest, not best.

you can't swap a k20 into your volt when you're tired of hybrid feels and lusting for hektik skidz.

furthermore, the overwhelming majority of volt owners/drivers are not jay leno. voltstats dot net has a histogram that shows combined ev/combustion daily driving, and the center of that histogram is right around 50mpg combined. the first gen insight is known to do well over 60mpg with relative ease.

>argues for a shit hybrid because lightweight
>posts a "hybrid" that isn't a hybrid anymore.

>argues for chebby which can't out-efficient a 15-year-old japanese shitbox
>posts jay leno

Volt is love.

ITT: that one faggot that bought a Volt for his wife's son, has buyer's remorse and is desperately seeking for approval of his terrible life choice.

>mistakes a lightweight chassis for efficiency

no but it's the worst.

I mean the Volt/ELR is great, but like... no. Not the best.

The thread has been waiting for pic related. You're welcome.

tesla has never made a hybrid.

>GM

full kek

>At 10,000 miles, he was still on the tank of fuel in the car when he first got it from the dealer.
How long does that gas last?

Yeah-budy

The tank is airtight so it should last longer than your average car, I wouldnt leave it in for more than a year though.

My dad has a volt, its pretty cool for a commuter car. No problems at all that required it to be taken to the dealer.

You can pick up the first gen pretty cheap nowdays, and they should last for quite a while as I believe GM uses about 60% of the battery capacity so it doesnt go bad quickly.

>mistakes volt for better than insight

>Two seater
>Cramped
>Rough riding
>Almost no cargo space
>28 MPG vs 98 MPGe
>Could buy 32 Volts for the same price

No.

Explain.

I think so. DESU I think this board gets off on hating GM, but they have made some nice products recently.

Kek. Type DESU and it changes it to DESU. Stupid chink phone.

OK. Now I get it.

Best hybrid here.
>67 mpg.

Insight is comfiest hybrid, with manual transmission and hatchback. I love driving it.

85% total usable capacity.

"Costomer empty" is at 20% full.

An additional 5% is reserved as a buffer for hills and passing. which is replenished as soon as possible.

If the battery reaches 15% (from driving up a steep hill at high speed), the vehicle goes into "reduced propulsion mode" where the power is limited to protect the battery. Speed may gradually drop to 55 MPH until the battery has been sufficiently replenished, usually taking seconds after reaching the top of the hill.

If the driver enables "mountain mode" a few miles before reaching the hill, the engine will run at a higher RPM to generate extra charge in the battery for a larger buffer and prevent the car from entering "reduced propulsion mode." The battery can be fully charged in this mode, however, due to conversion losses, it is less efficient than driving normally on gas with a depleted battery.

>but they have made some nice products recently.

I agree. I'm hoping to get a Bolt soon.

BTFO faggot

y/n?

woop woop

The Ford c max energi has a range of 620 miles, is cheaper and has a 21 mile range of electric. While that's lower than the Chevy, the overall range is bigger and has 5 seats. And since I've driven both recently because I was on the line between Chevy or Ford, the Ford drove better

You need to use premium they say to make sure the gas doesn't go bad

Also because it's more efficient.

The C-Max Energi is a good car too. I would rate it second best of all hybrids, though I think the new Pacifica Hybrid may take its spot.

wew

>tfw your civic gets 50mpg avg

I rather like the Volt, a series hybrid for econobox purposes makes a lot more sense than a parallel hybrid like the Prius. Just a tad bit too expensive though

It was great in it's time, but eventually you'll get sick and tired of the start/stop system constantly killing the engine and AC on you on a hot summer day during rush hour
Also lol emissions from that lean burn engine

Its also probably noisy as shit, rattles like crazy, is uncomfortable and slower than a fucking prius

Well it's the greatest hybrid for sale right now

Looks good enough. Of they were to make it, Hopefully they take those profits and put some of then into some cool, halo car or something.

I own a C-max. Good little car. I would have bought the volt, as the volt had range that would nearly reach my work on full electric, but I needed the 5th seat.

Yeah, because in comparison, the volt has 4 seats, only 300 mile range and you don't even get premium amenities for what you should be at that price range

KEK FIGHT

Hahaha
>toyfags on suicide watch

A tester guru on one of the volt forums tried to get the reduced propulsion mode at speed up a long grade and couldn't do it. Even with electrical efficiency losses, it's near impossible. The engine has more than enough power to sustain speed. On the other hand, the i3 "RE" is a dog when you kill the battery.

>you don't even get premium amenities for what you should be at that price range

What amenities is the volt missing exactly? Specifically, which that a cmax has?

>Just a tad bit too expensive though

Used ones are losing value really fast. I recently bought a 2013 Volt with about 28,900 miles for $19,249. It cost about $45,000 brand new.

I think they chose to make the Bolt instead. It doesn't seem to be as roomy, but it's probably going to fill the segment for now.

Have you researched the new Volt? It has a fifth seat, though used ones are still a little expensive.

I'm seeing these all over the damn place. Did GM lower the price on these things?

t. bay area resident

I like it

Mine has leather/suede, heated seats (love these), auto climate control (love this too), navigation (lol obsolete), forward collision alert (muh guardian), and of course the most premium feature of all, the 16.5 kwh battery.

I wish it had power seats, though.