Is Craigslist a waste of time when looking for a car...

Is Craigslist a waste of time when looking for a car? Everyone wants double it's KBB value for excellent condition with low miles while theirs has 200k+ and a dinged bumper

Other urls found in this thread:

sanmarcos.craigslist.org/cto/5750311422.html
chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5746015034.html
bozeman.craigslist.org/cto/5755333757.html
bozeman.craigslist.org/cto/5724478549.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Be a fucking jew about and call them out.

Short answer yes.

But just haggle with them. Asking price is always too high.

The best thing about CL is finding a hidden gem for a low price. But you have to jump on that shit as soon as it pops up.

no OP, you're full of shit and haven't been looking. That or you're only looking at cars with a heavy rice tax, which kbb does not take into account when appraising cars

If you have some money and are looking for a nice car with few problems yes, CL is a terrible place to look for cars. If you need a sub-1000 dollar car that runs, Cl is your best friend

What does Veeky Forums think of this?
sanmarcos.craigslist.org/cto/5750311422.html

Should i snag it?

This deal seems too good to pass up. I love blue.
chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5746015034.html

Craigslist is like /b/, you have to brave piles and piles of bullshit to hopefully find one gem, and sometimes it's not even a gem it's just a shiny rock

I always advertise my car for a higher value than I want for it, the buyer thinks he gets a good deal and I almost always get what I had in mind.

I straight up got 2 corvettes, one extremely upgraded and nice 96 coupe and a needy 91 convertible that could be 6k easy for 6 grand. The seller was a middle aged Cuck who had to get rid of his toys because the wife had a third kid on the way.
>Craigslist isn't about great deals
>Its about patience and luck

Why would buy a used car? Just go buy a new one.

You have to haggle, bro. I live in Montana where everyone asks for 180% of their car's actual value on craigslist (Montana CL is full of retards asking $5000-$7000 for a '99 Ranger, for example). See:

bozeman.craigslist.org/cto/5755333757.html
bozeman.craigslist.org/cto/5724478549.html

If I ever agreed to the asking price these people set for their cars, I would be gouging money. More often than not, I can usually talk people down 15%-30%.

Buying car from Craigslist...

>Everything is 200K+ miles
>Lots of visible body damage
>Owner is picky about meeting up
>Finally get there
>Everything leaks even though the ad said great condition
>Interior smells like a whores hole
>He decides that the price was 200$ more than what was advertised for a car that is priced well above its value
>Politely decline offer
>"Thanks for wasting my time and good luck!" the owner retorts

Selling a car on Craigslist

>Decent shitbox
>Comoletely honest about the fine details
>Priced below value since I want it sold
>First two calls are Hispanics that don't speak English
>Third is another Hispanic wanting to offer a treadmill
>Politely refuse
>Buyer is audibly agrovated and mutters insults in spanish
>I reply, "Build wall"
>Yells puto and hangs up
>Finally someone shows after days
>Looks over car and mentions every defect that I clearly listed in the ad
>" Well, I dunno..."
>Then says that he doesn't have all the cash with him today and he has 400 less than the asking price
>Follows up by saying that there is another car around the same price he'd rather get
>Tell him to fly a kite
>We shake hands and he leaves
>Same guy calls back two days later and wants to low ball me again with a sob story

Fuck, people.

I've bought nearly every car of mine off craigslist and I've always gotten good deals

Granted I buy 90s and early 2000s cars that aren't in perfect shape, but when I can put 40,000+ on them with minimal work for $1000, why the fuck not

I've always wanted to go to Bozeman...

Beautiful place, I love it here. It is expensive as hell, though (California-tier housing prices).

Almost no cops on the interstates and state routes. I would contented Western Montana has some of the best driving in the whole country.

Thinking about moving out there soon

What's an area that's out of town, but still reasonably near the larger cities (have class B, so need a decent town for jobs) that isn't rape for housing prices
Thinking $800ish a month

Tryed to sell my 67 El camino on Craigslist
>was a rust bucket
>had months of work into it
>new floor roof restored bed and front clip
>list all the pros and cons of it
>take good pictures of the pros and cons and all my double parts I have
>put in title and in description that I will not part out buyer takes everything
>car was worth 1000 and had about another 1000 in parts was selling for 1100
>2 days later a guy texts me
>"he can I buy your core support"
>tell him yea for 1100 and you get everything else
>calls me a sarcastic prickly
>I screen shot the title of my ad and send it to him
>"whatever man"
>week later old dude who owns a rod shop is interested
>comes by and the second I pull the car cover off one side he says "no no no I've seen enough that's to much work"
>even though there were good quality pictures of that side in my ad
>couple days later
>"Hey wanna sell me that core support now?"
>mfw
Ended up selling it to my brothers friend for 600

Going to be hard to find a one bedroom apartment under $900/month (most people just room here, but I understand if you are not interested in that), but your best bet is to look in Belgrade, which is a 10-minute drive from Bozeman via I-90. Livingston is a 30-minute drive from Bozeman, but housing is significantly cheaper there than the Bozeman area; if you are willing to look hard enough, you can find a one-bedroom for $750/month.

>fake ss with bad paint
neg

You have to be retarded

I'm thinking just about anywhere in Montana
Billings, Bozeman, maybe even Butte

I want to live somewhere that I can look out over the mountains

If that is the case, I would recommend Helena or Kalispell. Move to one of those cities before Californians discover them and inflate the local housing markets.

I heard the Eastern part of Montana is liberal cancer while the Western is still freedom land

I dunno man, that VIN has me spooped

got any pics?

The main liberal centers in Montana are: Bozeman (the suburb of Belgrade is conservative, as that is where most of the tradesmen and truckers in the area live), Missoula, and to a lesser extent, Billings. Missoula is cancer. It is essentially an extension of California at this point.

Noted

So try to find a job in Helena or Kalispell, or at least a bit outside the listed cities

I currently drive quad axle dumps, so that's what I'm looking to get into

>quad axle dumps
Okay, so your livelihood is going to be tied to the health of the construction industry in any area you reside in, I assume. Considering that, most construction projects in the state are concentrated near Bozeman and Kalispell. Take that as you will, but those are the areas where I believe you will have the best luck finding work + housing.

I'd probably work for a gravel company
That's what I do now
Gravel is busy as fuck during the summer

Not on me I'm on my phone and I have like 2 very shitty pictures on my laptop I deleted them all years ago I didint want to remember the pain of selling my baby

I don't know how you people manage to have all of these bad experiences on Craigslist. I've used Craigslist numerous times, and I've always come out ahead. I built nearly my entire PC from Craiglist-listed parts, found cool nipshit, and got my bike on there nearly hassle-free. Sure, there's plenty of idiots who don't know how to price their shit, but there's plenty of people who have a good understanding of what they're doing.

It's customary to barter. If they get offended by bartering, they need to put their shit on eBay and fuck off.

Even if they say "price is firm", confirm with them what their price is.

If the offering price is too high, then it's not meant to be. If it's close enough, then barter down 5 - 20% off their asking price, especially if there's any outstanding fees, damage, or etc.

It's not that hard.