Decided to try "water decarbonising" my miata today. Pretty impressive if you ask me. Just thought I'd share my story

Decided to try "water decarbonising" my miata today. Pretty impressive if you ask me. Just thought I'd share my story.

Other urls found in this thread:

aemelectronics.com/?q=products/water-methanol-injection-systems/water-methanol-injection-kit-for-forced-induction-gasoline-engines
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I opened up the valves and poured water into the cylinder head. Cleaned my engine right up

Nice bait.

My miata does the same shit when its warming up. I'm turbocharged with a catless 3" exhaust with a straight thru.

Its got to be condensation because its a built motor with 5k on it, runs strong as fuck and doesn't use a drop of oil.

My miata does this too except instead of water it's oil and instead the exhaust it's the engine

wouldn't it have been better to have the exhaust pointing not at your things?

#swagyolo

how did you get the water in the intake? did you rev the engine?

Most of that carbon is probably from your exhaust pipes.

If you stick your hand up to running exhaust it'll turn black. Adding water to the engine just liquefies the shit so that it drips out like that.

You can just take a vacuum line loose and put it in a jar of water, then rev it up.

>If you stick your hand up to running exhaust it'll turn black
Eh.. not unless something is very wrong.

Go give it a try.

It was fun reccomending this on Veeky Forums and seeing youngsters flip shit over it until ETCG made that video

I have multiple times. the only time i got any soot was in 30 year old abused garden tractor and an out of tune british car. Anything with fuel injection or a half way decent tuned carb should not turn you hand black.

Just pulled off a vacuum line, and poured small amounts of water while revving the engine with the throttle body.

Awesome way to destroy your engine OP.

Why would you think it is a good idea to put water in where air is supposed to go? Have you not heard of hydrolocking an engine?

Small amounts of water actually cool the charge and effectively increases octane rating

How new are you?

I just use spray seafoam

Yeah it's more expensive, but it's easy

it's been done for a hella long time
the water expands into gas and blows out the carbon

I can't find the vid now but a mechanic pours water directly into a carburetor and then does it to a fuel injected car

My car has plenty of black soot in the exhaust always has. It also passes emissions with flying colors. It's not an issue unless it's an smoking and burning oil.

Heard of methanol injection? Its basically water injection, methanol just prevents it freezing and helps a tiny bit

are you retarded?

aemelectronics.com/?q=products/water-methanol-injection-systems/water-methanol-injection-kit-for-forced-induction-gasoline-engines

Read and learn, the concentration is >50% water. Old timers would run just water and it was found methanol would help and provide the added benefit of preventing freezing of the system.

>the water expands
This is why it is a terrible idea to do this in a closed volume like a combustion chamber. The combustion event occurs after TDC. When is the water mist going to start expanding? You don't know.

Tons of people also run seafoam, again, retards at work.

>people have been doing it for nearly 100 years
>seafoam make a specific nozzle for doing exactly that
>it's a product sold on the shelf with instructions to do exactly what you're saying is stupid

Whatever man
I'm sure you know more than millions of people

question

My car supposedly has an oversensitive knock sensor and it makes the torque curve all wavy
They say if you unplug it, you get a lot smoother curve, but then you have to run higher octane gas

If I put this system on it and then put a switch to shut off my knock sensor, would I be able to get away with using regular 87?

Unless your car is tuned for 87 octane this is dumb.

Tons of people buy those AC recharge kits at Vatozone. Pretty much none of them know that once you use one of those kits, an AC shop will not go near your system, ever.

People are stupid.

sweet op, you gained 0.000001 horsepower.

worth!

Once the water becomes vapor, it's compressible. Problems only happen when the volume of liquid exceeds the volume of the combustion chamber.

If it's a stock car, i wouldn't, generally the engineers do a decent job. On something heavily modified maybe, knock sensor just tries to detect knock, unplugging it means you lose that ability, so thats probably why they say to run higher octane to reduce knock

Water mixing with carbon deposits in the exhaust, then shot out. My subaru does it too but no turbo.

youre retarded.

all modern cars are tuned for 87 octane

whatever folks

The torque curve is shitty and you can watch the RPMs jump then slow then jump then slow when accelerating

Everyone says to disconnect the knock sensor because it's retarding timing, causing shitty torque

so run higher octane and it will stop doing that.

that's literally all you have to do.

except the higher octane is $.50 more a gallon near me
Which isn't worth it for driving back and forth to work

I was wondering if a methanol injection system would allow me to turn the knock sensor off when I wanted to race without having to be like "ayoo hol up, lemme drain my tank and gas up with some 91"

Unless you introduce heat it is going to condense as soon as you start to compress it. What is the added volume going to do to your compression ratio?

>Unless you introduce heat

Oh wow like the compression of a piston and then the subsequent fucking explosion

That's so much more complex and stupid than just running 91.

who gives a fuck

91 is nearly $1 more per gallon near me
I'd rather just spend the money and put a neat setup which will give me more power on top of allowing me to smooth my torque curve

I plan on putting headers, a turbo, and a chip in it, so a methanol injection system would be even better to top it all off

No, many modern cars are tuned for 91 octane and will retard timing if it detects knocking from 87 octane. That's not the same as tuned for 87 octane and if you disconnect the knock sensor it will absolutely fuck your shit up.

You're retarded. If the engine is tuned for 91 octane disconnecting the knock sensor will cause detonation and damage turbos and other parts if you run 87 octane. Even if you don't any benefit you get from cheaper gas is completely lost from the reduced mpg and power that 87 octane would cause.

Only run 87 if the ECU is tuned for it. And if you're planning on doing all of these fucking tunes and you can't pay for 91 octane you're retarded and you should unplug your knock sensor so I can laugh when you fuck up your engine.

Had to do this with an rx8 the other day. Didn't fix it though

warm up the engine and just do a high load high rpm pull or two onto the highway weekly de-carbons a engine just fine

Do you have to be at WOT? I usually just hold it in second gear near redline.

>confirmed as being an idiotic boyracer
>he'll never learn until he blows up his engine

is nearly $1 more per gallon near me
>I'd rather just spend the money and put a neat setup

Low time preference subhuman detected. Can't think ahead? We can tell.

WHADDA FUCK I JUST DID THIS WITH MY VEYRON AND IT AIN'T STARTING NO MORE