Why are Germans incapable of creating something silly, juvenile, and fun? Why are they so self-serious and mature?

Why are Germans incapable of creating something silly, juvenile, and fun? Why are they so self-serious and mature?

beep beep

Why does it also have to break down after 3 years?

Planned obsolescence

because except for aggressive design they cant offer anything else

What the fuck is a Beetle

have you ever met a German
>NO FUN ALLOWED

Because Germany is a serious country. Silliness is verboten.
Zat is ze vay things are done in ze fatherland.

Because my fiat punto is better

Made in Germany

>something silly, juvenile, and fun?

Hello?

He said juvenile. The guy who'll drive this antique will resemble the fucking poster child of an Alzheimers clinic

Because apart from a few autists on Veeky Forums nobody would buy that shit. Most people on here don't even make enough money to buy new cars.

du was kumpel?

You forget that this is the same culture that invented the Chicken Dance

Because they were busy making stuff like the Lotec C1000 for the past 20 years.

Shut up, Hans

>pop ups
>3 doritos
>mid engined
>mercedes
Granted it was 40-50 years ago but still

No, most guys I see driving those are brown rich kids.

They leave it to the french and italians.

So this is what a priapism feels like. Hhnnnggg!!

>fuckhuge mommymobile SUV
>560 HP

this is true. a german explained it to me. basically Germany is only so big, and its done to protect the industrial complex.
if they made durable cars, they would lose jobs. people would keep the cars a long time and be much more happy with them. so they build in weaknesses just to make sure the economy keeps going.

>implying mercedes was interested in what their customers wanted
its nice to think so, but they only made a lot of prototype cars. i think only some of them had the wankel

>Why are Germans incapable of creating something silly, juvenile, and fun
Like the M2?

>silly, juvenile, and fun
Nein nein nein, we are not driving für das fun. It needs more of das downforce to be even schneller around das bürgerking!

>import turd worlders to keep the economeme going
>it instead crashes their economy... with no survivors

Where did it all go so wrong?

I work for a large German software company and I sometimes wonder if the products are designed in a way that is overly complex to encourage something that requires a lot of care/feeding to support. I worked on a product that we gave away to our customers for free, but it was so overbuilt (versus what made sense) that it required a lot of support, especially in certain areas to setup.

Are you also the guy who made software for german cars?

Hehe, my software goes onto servers, not cars. Might be similar, though...

I remember someone else posting here a while ago who worked for a company that made software for german cars.

SAP?

Because that's pretty much their business model.

From what I've seen of Seimens Step5 it probably isn't substantially different.

shhhhh

Look at this though
It's available as plug-in hybrid with 600bhp, doing 0-62 mph in 3.1 seconds.

Keep up the good work.

Since no one else at work can figure out how to get shit done in it that means I've got a cushy job being the "expert".

My entire day is spent problem solving. If I keep doing this job into my sixties/seventies I don't know if I'll live forever by keeping my mind active or die early from stress. The pay and benefits are good but I spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to make the system run better for customers and life easier for end users.

The new front-end is a shitload easier for users (pic related) but you still have all the complex stuff under the hood maintaining it :|

the only fun sports car from germany is porsche

>i drive an expensive vw golf

>SAP consultant
I didn't know my dad shitposts on Veeky Forums

Who do you think posts in Porsche general?

Who came up with that design

The old rally Audi were pretty cool

He's the upset utes natural predator

Because it's not like we export shit like a motherfucker. My company is more hightech stuff but 80% of stuff is shipped to other countries.

Merc, BMW and Audi won't create anything juvenile, silly and fun as they are too worried about their image. They think of themselves as premium as fuck, hence the seriousness.
The more affordable manufacturers of the VAG (Skoda, VW, Seat...basically all the same) built some quirky versions of their cars, e.g. the VW Lupo GTI, Skoda Fabia RS, that one Seat Ibiza with the 170hp diesel engine. They were nothing suited for racing but they were rather fun to drive. However especially VW got more expensive. They still built more powerful versions of e.g. the Polo and the Golf, but as far as I know they are more expensive than the earlier versions.

Everything for das Bestzeit. Heil Röhrl.

>das
fucking burgers only able to use one Begleiter

>muh munhey
>how is a 220hp polo being more expensive than a 150hp polo fair??
>only 100hp japcrap is fun

Kek. I get told about the glory days of the nineties a lot by older consultants and the retirement of R/2 (mainframe based SAP) in favor of R/3 (client/server based). The last few years have been crazy with HANA (our database where everything is in memory rather than loaded from disk, which is ~10,000x faster) and now S/4HANA (major portions of the core product [SAP ERP] are being rewritten to take advantage of HANA, meaning all the old school consultants have new shit to learn). A lot of the older consultants are worried about the portability of their skillsets and learning new shit (and, learning new shit while maintaining 100% utilization).

What does your dad do with SAP? (SAP has a lot of different softwares and even in the main product there's a lot of different areas of expertise). Just curious.

Kek again, I don't drive a german car. You should see the parking garage in the US HQ though: Volkswagen and BMW errywhere (some Mercedes/Porsche as well). I personally can't see buying a German car based on what I've seen. Some of my extended family likes Mercedes but they're in the shop fucking constantly and the bills are insane.

here
forgot image

It baffles me how many people on Veeky Forums report problems with german cars. My family has been driving only german cars for the last 15years. A lot of VWs, one or two BMWs and some Mercs. None of them ever had serious problems, only some minor stuff. Only my VW had a problem wth the wastegate, but that was repaired for free by the dealership because I noticed it the day the car was bought.
The bills of any shop that directly belongs to a manufacturer or dealership are insane around here however. Only independent shops have somewhat reasonable prices.