What does Veeky Forums think about street racing?

What does Veeky Forums think about street racing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fC6PAmsoxBM
youtube.com/watch?v=6YUBjJiF0tE
youtube.com/watch?v=crKCJiOFF-k
youtu.be/ck3qglEAIr4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Seems fun, but really dangerous.

I'm the Blacklist #1 in my district.

My rep is through the roof

Pics or it didn't happen

Hi Corey :D

HOW'S YOUR CAR RUNNIN'?

Not gonna get me that easy, FBI dude

Corey you's a straight up busta

My Subaru Justy is running at peak performance, had to remove the NOS though because danger to manifold and all that

If I could just find a touge that doesn't have houses everywhere. We usually just do time attacks on cloverleaf sections lol

[distant asian laughing]

It's retarded and dangerous. YOu can hit a pedestrain and spend rest of your worthless life in prison.
[spoiler]But I like watching some streetracing videos[/spoiler]
youtube.com/watch?v=fC6PAmsoxBM
youtube.com/watch?v=6YUBjJiF0tE

>It's retarded and dangerous. YOu can hit a pedestrain
More pedestrains are hit by by 45yo asian/soccer moms in their vans/suvs/is300/x5

So what? There are more of them on the road than degenerate street racers.

Its like saying oh the us military kills more people than ISIS so ISIS is cool mk.

is that so?
don't you think if we would mandate ultra close first (n-1) gear ratios that would limit your speed to...let's say 65mph and higher 2 ratios would so small, that you would have to rev to 6300rpm not to stall your engine?
It's safter this way and and only dangerous criminals need to drive more than seed limit anyways.

Alright now you're just being dumb.

There is nothing wrong with running a car past the speed limit in a safe manner.

The problem is when street """"racers"""" blatantly ignore the laws of the road and put other people at risk in the name of winning and "the rush bro".

There is a risk and reward for everything, and people who street race are risking everything for themselves and other people on the road just so they can say "Im faster than you bro" later on.

Get a fucking bike if you need to split traffic at double the limit, that way you probably only kill yourself.

All these idiots

>muh pedestrians
>muh endargerment
>muh pussy

Theres a right and a wrong way to street race. I completely 100% condone the proper way to street race because you only out yourself and the other street racer(s) in danger. If you dont do it right you arent a street racer, but just a dumb ass that likes to endarger everyones lifes.

Most street racers are spiggers too lazy to take their shit to a track, and thereby support professional racing.

Money is no excuse since street racing is big buck gambling too. Down heah in de Souf we take that shit to the track and bet in the stands.

This. The organized people who race responsibly on empty, monitored roads with minimal risk to bystanders or property aren't the same as the degenerate ghettards who race in dense urban areas and kill people.

>play a video filmed in sweden
>FUCK DA POLICE COMIN STRAIGHT FROM THE UNDERGROUND starts playing

Inb4 oil leak

Exactly there's

1) Proper street racers - they're still crazy nuts, but they regulate their runs on empty roads and only endanger themselves.

2) Faggotboi racers - the cunts who speed on public roads to race each other, therefore endangering everyone else for the sake of some retarded rush that you could get from a proper meet more safely.

Depends where you're at. There's not a paved track in my entire state, aside from drag tracks. If I want to really drive, the street's the only place to do it.

Lel. Tracks are boring and too many rules and regulations. Its nice to be able to throw down a few hundo, go to your local canyon at 3am and race. No need to wait 3 months to pay the betting money just to get onto the track. Fuck that.

No there isn't.

They are all just a bunch of faggots...
Even the "street racers" with fast cars like evos and wrxs are faggot ricers that like to blast house music when weeving in and out of traffic.

I've never been to a track, can you tell me all that's required? Do I need a helmet and 5 point harness? What's the 3 month waiting period about?

Ask any racer any real racer, if you don't do it right you are just a dumb arse that likes to endanger everyones lifes.

Every track is different, so Im not speaking for every track but they all have rules, all require helmets and all cost money to participate. Ontop of that, some require training, and most you can only go on open track day, which isnt every day, some only have open track days every (lets say) once a month.

Lost of hopps to jump through for something that you could do for free and have more fun and save money. Canyon carving>Race track any day in my books.

>faggot ricers that like to blast house music when weeving in and out of traffic.

Um... you did see he put proper racing requiers empty and supervised roads right?

Fucking edgemaster.

where is that pic from ?

The answer is as always, it depends. The problem with street racing has always been an issue of safety of those not engaged. Look at some retarded shit like youtube.com/watch?v=6YUBjJiF0tE @ 2:04 That biker had nothing to with these morons.
Then there's some really interesting shit like what ghostRider used to do:
Completely empty:
youtube.com/watch?v=crKCJiOFF-k
I'd wager need for speed. it's summer and this is bound to be flooded with people that got lost on their way to /b/ and /v/.

Need for Speed Most Wanted (2005)
Blacklist racer #3: Ronnie

>Played the shit out of this back in the day, don't hate me Veeky Forums

>shit like what ghostRider used to do

TFW no spike strips.

but this is what you were you trying to say you fucking retard.
you literally compared street racers to ISIS and ordinary drivers to fucking US ARMY/USMC/USAF.

what's the matter only criminals break laws so let's limit speed to 65mph. you have nothing to worry if you don't plan on speeding. or better let's put black-box ignition/injection cut in every car for police to use.

You said

>More pedestrains are hit by by 45yo asian/soccer moms in their vans/suvs/is300/x5

Implying that because soccermoms run more people over, they are more dangerous than street racers.

I was countering that it doesnt matter who hits more people, you cant justify street racing because "oh soccer moms hit more people than street racers so its cool". I wasnt comparing street racers to ISIS. I was just showing that the bigger group will have a larger percentage of accidents, and that while a smaller group may have a smaller percentage, comparing them to the bigger group is not a valid point.

Then you started pulling the anti gun argument out on me for some reason.

youtu.be/ck3qglEAIr4

Basically, they can get sued by your parents/girlfriend if you get hurt because you weren't required to do so and so for safety, and can also charge you for damage to the track, so you end up with safety and training mandates

I'm too worried about fucking someone's shit up. I mostly speed around on countryroads, especially those I know.

My local track only requires helmets for convertibles, but only if you don't have a factory hard top for it
They also have open lapping twice a week, with the track usually being empty in the middle of the week
It costs $100 which is cheaper than a speeding ticket to lap from 4pm to sun down
The "rules and regulations" and "safety training" are just basic points they tell you after signing a liability waiver like passing zones and track conduct (basically common sense/ human decency/ don't act like a dipshit)

Street racing is for kids, grown ups take it to the track where you can go faster and focus. There are also transponders at the track, official timing tells no lies.

>he doesn't have wide open country roads that wind through the mountains in his back yard
>he has to drive through a shitty city risking his life and even one else's because he gotta go fast

Lmao city cuck a everyone

ask any old racer, he wouldn't be proud of what he did in his youth, because of the risk!!!

name one 35+yo active streetracer

after some time people grow up and start to behave more responsibly

And one more important thing, racing from lights to lights it's not streetracing, if you haven't known.

I think. Therefore I am. I am therfore I think. I drive therefore I am. I am derfor I exist. I exist thejreofoe I think. I drive therofj I djsks. I shskdd tjejxkdsm I ejjdn. Djsjjskw, fhekem ijd jsjsk.

Teach me your safe ways senpai

If u can do ot safely ok. But if you endanger me or mu closest ones. Im gonna rape your bloodline out of existence.

I don't understand why there aren't more tracks for drag racing. Seems like if you had the land it could be an easy way to make money especially now with all the fast production cars available. I guess maybe insurance on a race track business would be expensive, but just making a 1/4 mile two lane drag strip with a couple of bleachers would be cheap to build and maintain.

Senpai, drag racing strips are incredibly common, wtf are you talking about?

stop posting! You're embarrassing yourself m8

If it's with your friends and you know the road well, it's ok if you can do it safely.

But messing with the public is just fucked, people are just unpredictable and some unstable nutjobs out there that will just go crazy if you start beating them and it's just dangerous. It's not always you that might cause an accident but you're still involved.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should. You'll get over it eventually.

But senpai, the track isn't always open and you have to pay. Street racing is free and you can do it any day you want.

the closest public track from where I live is like 5 hours away :(

On my way home I pull through short locations which are technically inner-city (50KPH) with 80+ because Im driving way late in the night and the cops around here are slobs either way.

>mountain road
>friends at start and end of race.
>walkie talk looking for cops and other people.

EzPz

Wut?

Trackdays around here (Southern California) are pretty universal in their rules. You need a helmet for any class of car, but even a $100 Pyrotect is fine, and you can usually rent/borrow a helmet if you don't have one. Other than that your car just needs to be in sound condition and not a dangerous piece of shit that's going to fall apart on the track. Some require a rollbar for certain convertibles or have other minor rules, like requiring gloves and a full-face helmet for convertibles or whatever.

You only need harnesses, cages, fire suppression, etc. if you actually want to participate in a wheel-to-wheel club race or in the really fast classes of TT/Time Attack events, or run in the fastest group at some trackdays. (Many trackday orgs around here have a class specifically for actual race cars.)