European cars

>European cars
>considered premium
>everyone who owns one has endless problems with them or warns about their issues

why does something that is supposedly premium have such shitty build quality?

No one cares about the reliability, as long as it's a Mercedes Benz or a BMW.

>He drives a reliable luxury cars
What a poorfag

0/10

Do not feed the troll

>considered premium

Only in ’Merika

And only in America are they considered unreliable.
Well maybe in Africa and the shit parts of the Middle East too

ur mum sux coloured diks and ur a fag just like ur dad

The unreliable part applies to quite a few french and german cars though

French, and Italian cars were designed with a much different type of reliability in mind than what Americans consider reliable.

Reliable meant you rebuild the engine yourself in a weekend with parts bought at your local store, unlike the mythical American idea of never breaking down and never needing a service.

When the French wanted to build "reliable" cars in the 70's they did it successfully.
And they were as good as what Mercedes was building.

This, lexus btfo.

You can find reliability issues that effect cars that were solely made in and (only) germany though.

Has there ever been a Porsche 911 made outside of Germany? I personally never heard of any and yet that didn't stop the 911 GT3 from having intense engine fires that completely consumed and totaled the car.

The 918 also had its share of recalls and one of them completely burned to a crisp at a gas station. This is C7Z problems on cars costing nearly a million dollars made with NASA-tier atom-smasher tech n'shieet.

>Reliable meant you rebuild the engine yourself in a weekend with parts bought at your local store

This doesn’t apply to any car made in the last ~20 years.

>And they were as good as what Mercedes was building.

Not even Mercedes is as good as it was then.

Isn’t Borscht one of the more reliable cars, still?

French cars ads unreliable, yes. German cars? I only heard Americans having problems with them. My dad had several BMWs and drove them a lot for work until they hit 200k km, he never had serious problems that couldn't be fixed in less than 4hrs. Not once in years.
My mum had a cheap VW Polo, went to the shop once after 130k km, then ran fine until over 200k km.
Grandpa has a benz, not a problem once, over 100k now.

I just don't know man, German cars are known for costing a lot to fix, but also for never needing a fix either.

It's down to something Americans don't understand, tolerances. European cars that haven't been designed by niggers and mutts will make power, handle, be comfy and better designed, but won't tolerate ten years of not being serviced like a knocking, rattly, weak and boatlike American car.

90's Skodas still have better build quality than anything that comes out of america.

LOL

Here’s just some off the top of my head.

>Audi - engines eat cams at about 200k, especially V6s, plastic tensioners on chain driven engines, some models eat front suspension parts
BMW - plastic water pump impellers (easy fix, but can fuck your shit up), rear subframes, vanos problems

200k isn’t even significantly high mileage for anything that isn’t a sub-1.5l engine.

>200k isn’t even significantly high mileage
The guy who originally ordered the car, who paid the PREMIUM, never had a single problem with the car. The 2nd owner, who still paid a lot might have encountered a problem or two, but got it fixed under warranty and got the latest premium model to drive for free while his car was in the shop. Now the 3rd and consecutive owners, the guys who can't afford a premium car but get one anyway, blow all their money on an old car and drive it from 100k to 200k miles doing oil changes themselves using the cheapest oil they can find, because, you know, still trying to pay the last rates for the car, neglecting the professional maintenance these sophisticated engineering masterpieces require, and then complain about them breaking down.

Get a fucking Civic, they're designed with poor retards in mind. It's not the premium brand's fault you can't afford the premium maintenance the car requires.

Now, leave your memery and shitposts in the top drawer, needing extensive maintenance does not mean something isn't reliable, also, needing expensive maintenance doesn't make the car worse, it just makes it more expensive.

This.

Also anyone here doesn't even try to sell something over 200k km, they just send it to the scrapyard. If you sell it you won't ever get more than a thousand euros, maybe two thousand if it is a tremendous car and well kept.

>everyone who owns one has endless problems with them or warns about their issues
cool dadvice bro

>paid the PREMIUM
>sophisticated engineering masterpieces

Thanks for the PREMIUM keks.

Germoney? France?

Here in eastern poorope people ask a pretty penny even for high mileage shitboxes. Old german luxobarges seem to be pretty cheap because the poor saps who bought them can’t get rid of them fast enough (repair bills and fuel caught up with them I assume)

Italy
Anything over 200k is not even considered when buying used.

My friend was in Italy recently, supposedly its filled with nothing but tiny shitboxes. Here the cities are clogged with large/midsized suvs, crossovers and such.

Cause we ain't stupid. "Many" people have bigger cars, faster cars, nicer cars. We just treat them accordingly and use them for what they are designed.

>Here the cities are clogged with large/midsized suvs, crossovers and such.
Where's "here"?

>every american who owns one has endless problems with them or warns about their issues
We're not to blame if you are unable to maintain a car or have your cars built in mexico.

Anywhere east of the Berlin wall

It's the same in the UK, anything over 100,000 miles is considered pretty risky. 130,000+ might as well be scrap.