So I bought a car, and the ad said clean title. Come to find out its restored salvage. Not only that...

So I bought a car, and the ad said clean title. Come to find out its restored salvage. Not only that, but on the vin report it said that obviously it was a total loss, but (can't remember the exact verbiage desu) that it was like not running or some similar indication when it was hit. Either way, he didn't mention it.

I know it's I didn't look at it, I know im retarded, etc etc I get it. I'm just wondering if there's anything I can do legally, I took a screenshot of the Craigslist ad as well. And do I just call him out or am I supposed to get an attorney or something? Or am I just fucked. I could deal with it, it's just kind of annoying. Didn't see any frame damage or anything but still

Was the VIN listed in the ad?

I don't believe it was

Your fucked that's why titles transfer the way they do.

Ur gonna die

fug

If it drives straight it's a'ight

Sounds like they washed the title.

You MIGHT have a case if the VIN wasn't listed, but I doubt it. I hope you learned a valuable lesson.

I mean should I just call an attorney or something? Like I said I can deal, and desu it feels fine driving and there's no frame damage that we saw so should be good

I've had an 02 Ford for a year now, car was salvaged in 06 and still seems to run alright.

Only discovered it 6 months later so was very pissed, but the car was only 2k with less then 100k miles and I was in a tight spot (wrecked my car the previous night before, needed a car that day so as to stay employed)

The car needed a new ebrake cable but otherwise was fine.

Saving up for a new cheap ass car but I think this one will last several years, she made a 1200 mile trip with zero problems.

OP and seller both agreed and signed on the title and bill of sales. He's fucked because he's a retard. Especially when he knows a place to get vin checks for free.

Did the title specifically say anything about "rebuilt" or was the salvage washed off the title entirely?

>paying $2000 usd for a salvage 2002 ford focus
>paying $2000 usd for a 2002 ford focus

interesting

It was a shitty deal in an even shittier market.

Every private sale that didn't involved 200K miles or a 20 year old car was at least 5K, and a the private dealers were selling those 200K cars at 5k.

Fuck that car market at the time.

As for OP's point unless there was a outright fraud (they sold you a title that did not say salvaged when it was in fact) then no attorney would take the case for the legal costs would outweigh any remedies.

>OP and seller both agreed and signed on the title and bill of sales. He's fucked because he's a retard. Especially when he knows a place to get vin checks for free.

Yep. If that title was marked salvage and OP failed to look, too bad so sad and tough shit.

ALWAYS THOROUGHLY inspect the title BEFORE you check out the car. ALWAYS take a good look at the VIN tag to make sure it isn't a "transplant" from a vehicle with matching title.

I signed on the title but there wasn't a bill of sale. Yeah I'm retarded senpai I already said that, but it's okay. Live and learn.

res/svg or whatever it says

But he didn't mention any of it is why I was asking, and the ad did explicitly say clean

If you can find the ad that explicitly says clean in print for that exact car then you would have a leg to stand on, because if you were to take it for small claims court that the ad was false you could sue for the difference in sales price for a salvage vs new. Be prepared to bring evidence of what that difference is, as well as all what Kelly Blue Book value is, etc. All that sales stuff can be found online.

But you need originals of the ad in print. A digital ad isn't going to fly if you are presenting the case.

>res/svg or whatever it says

Learn title codes. Your DMV or their website should have a list. They exist for good reason, so people don't unwittingly buy salvaged vehicles...

Maybe there's a cached version I can look up, otherwise I have a screenshot only kek

yeah at that point you are probably hosed. A good attorney could do the legwork to make your case, but the hours it would take would wipe out any money you would make, and just as likely you will owe them money.

An expensive lesson.

It might hold up just fine. It takes very little actual damage to total a vehicle given the cost of paint and body parts.

Repaired vehicles are very common in the used car business, though usually based on a clean body so no washing needed. What functionally matters is how the work was done.

Salvaged twice in 6 months?

Top kek

Surprise! Arizona

I saw that.

You can't make this shit up.

Or more specifically it seems made up. Also it seems like the people in politically charged news events often have weird made up sounding names. I can see how some people go crazy.

I mean it could be fake (easiest photoshop around) but the thought is funny.

If you take shops so seriously then I pity the fun you are missing.

lawyer up. You can sue him but he may not have any money for you to take.
should have looked at the title.

>Fuck up buying $2000 car
>Retain $200/hr+ attorney service
>WAT legal help

A shitbox with body panel damage can end up with a salvage title if repaired