Is it even worth it or should i just go with a Toyota GT86 ?

Is it even worth it or should i just go with a Toyota GT86 ?

They're very different cars OP

>They're very different cars OP
So that's why we keep reading "Buy a BRZ? Just get an WRX STi instead, it's faster"?

>Should I get a fat turd, or a slow turd?

Theyre in the same price bracket...that's pretty much all they have in common.

WRX vs. BRZ. STI is like another 10k more.

>Theyre in the same price bracket
>is like another 10k more
Which one is then?

No, the usual comparisons are the BRZ/FRS twins with the WRX. Hence, the comparison

An STI is one notch higher in price and performance.

This generation of STI isn't worth it, period. Not when the WRX is 95% as good for 75% of the price.

WRX isn't as "fun" but it's much, much more capable. Roommate bought a 2016, says the handling is great, tons of grip, good amount of power, but it's not very fun. You have as much fun as a passenger as you do a driver; not enough steering and road feel, apparently.

So it depends what you want. I personally wouldn't choose the BRZ over the WRX, but I'm a fan of value, and there is no value in a BRZ. If I wanted to go slowly around a corner in a non-cloud of eco-plastic tire smoke, I'd buy a go cart for a hundredth the price.

are u bunta or dagumi

What did he mean by this?

get the WRX.

The midget

Fuck, get an older STI

>WRX uses brand new engine with direct injection and much more usable torque
>STI uses a clunky turbo lag machine that was last revised a decade ago and is known to be not very reliable

LMAO @ people who bought 2015+ STIs. Fucking cucks.

b-b-b muh diff. muh trackday. muh subbie rumble dood

does whoever made this know they wrote "greater than $400 difference"?

The only reason I can think of is that it doesn't look as shit as the WRX. The WRX just looks terrible. The STI is only a little better though. Also it's only a few grand more to get an STI with some options than it is to get a WRX with the same. I saw a very base WRX on the lot for 31k, and then an STI for 36k with the alcantara seats, infotainment, and a few STI "performance" goodies.

Still feels wrong that the higher trim has the outdated engine. Not that its bad thing or anything.

I think this situation is pretty rare, never saw a sports car do this before.

>wrx
>sports car

wew lad

>which one is more
the fucking turbo one retard.