Do you like street racing, Veeky Forums?

Do you like street racing, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pJNW_Yt3sJk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Isnt there already a fucking thread for this??

>Street racing
>post picture of people pressing down pedals to see whos mechanic built the faster turd.

Nah, I like actual street racing with you know, corners. Something that actually test the drivers ability.

Drag racing is for retards.

I find it entertaining to watch videos of street races on YouTube but it's extremely stupid for obvious reasons.

I personally really don't see this happening in most parts of the world. Most people can't drive and believe their cars are far too valuable to plow down corners at a high enough speed to be considered a "race". i can see two $5000 miatas or Civics racing on a Mountain pass or down a back-road but i doubt someone's going to take their $100,000+ sport/super car on an actual road-course on the street type race.

Highway pulls looks pretty fun though and you could actually "race" a Veyron or something like it without the owner just flat-out rejecting the idea for fear of wrecking the car.

youtube.com/watch?v=pJNW_Yt3sJk
doubt these two would've raced down any turns in a million years unless on a track.

Yeah I go to the Kent races every weekend

Nobody actually does road racing on the street. Even the much-beloved TOE GAY was more guys fucking around than actual racing.

U wot. All we do out here is road race on our streets.

>
>Not Drag racing is for retards.

Fixed

You have a fetish for automatic lawnmowers?

On ramp and merging lane races are the most fun. Late night freeway races aren't too bad either.

Fellow WA fag

I've only been to the races twice. The cops are spooky so I haven't been back

i do enough drag racing on actual tracks to not want to do it on local streets/highways, plus my cars isnt exactly street legal.
its fun tho to beat your best time at a track and see the improvement when you add things gradually.

no, street racers are posers.

>Do you like street racing, Veeky Forums?+ 0 post omitted.
Yeah, it's fun. No money, just random encounters. There is/was a common race spot out in the middle of nowhere that had tons of cars every weekend night, but cops rolled in and impounded a bunch of shit a few months ago so I don't know if anything still goes on out there.

Pic related

usually when that kind of things happens the spot gets burned and they move on, in my area the guys got hit so hard they called it quits and most of the main guys just made a car club and race on the local tracks.

People had been racing at that spot for a long, long time. My friend even said that cops had rolled through and not cared since it's so secluded. Don't know what changed.

stupid as fuck to race in traffic

you are risking some dumb ass grandma or asian girl side swiping you because they are oblivious to their surroundings and feel like going into the left lane at 55mph for no reason. i've had that shit happen to me casually driving at ~80 and nearly caused an accident

i only race stanced honda civics because i know i'll win

Street racers are just too poor to meet the costs of sanctioned tracks is more like it

>Go to track A
>no, no open car-to-car racing, you can do a lap. do you have a helmet? we don't want to be sued
>Go to track B
>hey, where's your roll bar?
>Go to track C
>racing license pls
>Go to track D
>yeah, you're gonna need some more safety gear, a fire extinguisher, padded roll bar, fire suit, shit man, have you considered a track car? and a trailer, anything that wins here isn't going to be street legal or insurable. we don't do amateur night.

Finding a nurburgring-type place in the US is nearly impossible

if you can afford a 800hp gtr you can afford to go to a track day or pay $20 to go to an open drag strip.

you arent fooling anyone.

I'm guessing someone crashed and died, their mother complained, and the state went along with it because they had to foot the cleanup and coroners bills.

>If you have an expensive thing you must have a lot of spare cash too

where do you think all their money went?

Also, there's the track people problem. Kids fucking around don't get as many chances to race in their own "class". There are fewer people at the track, and most of the people that are there are in another league.

A sanctioned street race with more liability waivers than cars would be nice

Nah, I would have heard about that. Shit, I heard about the police raid from a friend who heard it from a friend as it happened.

Tifft/exchange/new babcock anyone here wny?

Good mix of mexicans and their civics and some sweet 500+hp evos, vettes, camaros, etc.

This is some of the dumbest shit I've read on here