/ORG/

Welcome to Off Road General where everyone knows the road is for faggots.

Rig Feels Edition

>tfw on the trail
>tfw 'snap, crunch, pop'
>tfw o fuck
>tfw look down, turns out it was just a root being crunched by your 35s
thank u lord

Other urls found in this thread:

japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1991-suzuki-carry-4wd/
japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1990-honda-acty-attack/
helena.craigslist.org/cto/5755698503.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I lost my factory center caps finally. Oh well.

>sitting at a stop light after traveling 400mi off road over the past few days
>tired as fuck
>dirty as fuck
>some faggot in a prelude pulls up next to me
>'really awesome truck man'
>'th-thanks'
>think about how awesome i am for the next 4 days

>want this bad
>would definitely repaint it though

HNNG

they have incredibly clean stock ones on jap classic all the time. check it out:

japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1991-suzuki-carry-4wd/

japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1990-honda-acty-attack/

What does /ORG/ think about Jeeps? I'm debating buying one.

> Tfw when so much offroading fucked my motor mounts
> Tfw replacing them tomorrow
> Tfw my trucks repairs NEVER go smoothly ever
Fuck hold me Veeky Forums i know a 1hour job is going to easily turn into a 4hour job because always something goes fucking wrong somewhere.

very polarizing usually
im a toyota guy personally, but there are a couple jeeps that arent horrible purchases
definitely the biggest positive is that nearly every model has an enormous aftermarket

what is your budget?/which one in particular are you considering?

>> Tfw my trucks repairs NEVER go smoothly ever
iktf

>read 4.3 million forum threads on the exact repair im about to do
>'yeah its a 20 minute job at most
>mfw 2 hours evrytiem at least
maybe im just retarded

Its never because im incompetents but because something out of my control goes bad.
> Changing steering components ( control arms(upper), ball joints, tie rods inner and out, sway bar, idler arm, steering arm bar thing????.
> Notice pic related when changing lower ball joint
> Ball joint press adapter doesn't fit properly.
> Finally get it off
> New ball joint keeps going in crooked because of the stupid dent on lower arm
> Finally finish that
> Passanger upper control arm has broken lock washers
> Camber gets rekt
> Take it to shop to adjust camber
> "We don't have these specific bolts with these specific lock washers, no one seems to have it in stock" after three hours they return my truck to me at no charge
Life is suffering. Its always something is broken, i dont have a specific tool, or i must replace something else other than what was originally intended so atrip to the parts store is in order. Or to sears for a tool.

>tfw both incompetent and prone to having retarded uncontrollable shit happening as well

Life as a auto enthusiast is suffering

CRAWL IT FAGGOT
R
A
W
L

I
T

F
A
G
G
O
T

To anyone that has a last gen Bronco.
Is it really illegal to go topless?
What do the shoulder belts attach to?
Am I going to to be stoped by cops if I buy a 96 remove the top and slap lap belts on it?

>Is it really illegal to go topless?
ive never heard that before. might be different from state to state though idk

mint

Wikipedia says 94+ but then again its wikipedia...

NAPCO

why dont people like mk1 broncos here?

It's only illegal if you have passengers in the rear seats, but you can always turn your shoulder belts into lap belts

>tfw no mint 1st gen 4runner on this entire hemisphere

who said that?
they look incredible.

>lc masterrace tho

This is what I was thinking, or build a roll bar?
We do, theyre just expensive to trash.

what is the best cheap shitbox 4x4 i can get.

It doesnt have to even be running just want something i can work on in my spare time for the hell of it and maybe get something worth going on trails with in the future

oh come on there must be SOME
maybe you can find a mint one with the 22ret

because i only see people looking at the pigfat 2nd gen with the 400m or something

is a scout 2 good

what the fuck are they doing to the thing in the brochure shot

>oh come on there must be SOME
no
there are 0
im not even kidding

probably because a decent example of the 2nd gen is like $8k or less and a decent example of the 1st is like 3x that or more

yes

there are quite a few options actually. what are your space requirements? will you be camping with it?

Need something that can hold 4 people including driver. Probably going to take it camping but ill have a tent i just need to store, along with other camping stuff.

what about the LONG version of the samurai
how rare are these now?

TFW no restored 6x6 factory jeep to play in

I have a 94 and I made lap belts in no time flat. I don't do much serious offroading though so I have no need for a roll bar.

if youre going to be hauling around 4 people + gear you are going to need a lot of space honestly.
really your only 'cheap' options are going to be a 1st or 2nd gen montero or an isuzu trooper

rare.
dont think theyre in very high demand though

how do these things not just break your truck

idk i have not seen one on the road since i took the photo. and you can see the date.

heres what was left of the inside then

helena.craigslist.org/cto/5755698503.html

this one looks pretty haggard but its cheap

and it matches my criteria of broken as fuck and needing work

they probably do

im sure theyre rare i just meant i dont think there is a real market for them currently
could be wrong tho

lol jesus
youre a lot more willing than i. that thing is going to need everything.

is that the same as this

stop reminding me that we dont get the 70 series here in the u s of gay

wew

I have about a 25 K budget and I'm looking for a 2008-14 Wrangler.

im fucking triggered

TFW no Packard 4x4 pickup

that cheap tacoma

Why? Jeeps are over priced mall crawlers now. The more you mod the more expensive parts are. Get something older.

what are your goals for it? what will you be using it for? personally it wouldnt be my choice, but you could do worse.

why even live

fuck you caleb i am jelly

Do you take the top off alot?

Noice. Love the old pre-ranger Mazda trucks.

My brother has one of those 2.6L 12 valve motors in his old rwd MPV that he insists on taking offroad

More MPV love, this time our old '98 Allsport on some mild fire roads in Central NY

I transitioned from the very useful but ultimately pretty compromised MPV to a 3rd gen 4Runner ('96 Limited, e-lock). This was from 2 weekends ago, I bitched out before I got very far down this pretty muddy trail. Still rocking some lame-ass all seasons.

Are Jeeps that bad? I thought they were good trucks

I just want to mod it a bit. It'll mostly be used for hauling me and my hockey gear to the rink and for off roading/camping.

What other trucks should I consider?

Are you that faggot that threw a bitch fit because he was told a 4 door wrangle wouldn't be as nimble or utilitarian as a 2 door?

No.

you probably could have made it

dont mean to come off like a dick but it sounds like you are in the very beginning stages of research.
what do you want to "mod it a bit" for?

toyota is unequivocally the better choice in most scenarios. look at 4runners, tacomas and maybe even 100 series land cruisers. that would be my choice if i was going to spend 25k

just bought this, a 1992 Pathfinder w/ 5-speed manual. $500 off craigslist. What do you guys think? Anybody have any experience with these?

Have been thinking about making one of these (or trying to) as a project for when the jeeps done. There are generally a few newer trucks for cheap in the local trader magazine that have been in rollovers that would have to have the cab replaced anyway.
There's a clean one that ive seen being trailered locally and looks like so much fun to drive.
I'm assuming nearly everything is custom made and it would be a bunch of work.

Toyota squad.

mirin that 80. what tires are those? stt pros?

I think they were, not my 80 though. Funny how small 37's look on it.

it's not much different than building a crawler.

custom cage with the coilovers tied in, custom 4 link rear, the front geometry arms, steering, etc you can probably buy off the shelf for most trucks.

the coilovers and tires are the biggest expense if you know how to weld.

>tfw my 35s look smaller every day
fug
this rabbit hole again

MPVs are goat
>truck drive train in a small van
>also came with 4x4 and V6
Fuck yeah

I wish there where more off road trails near me. I've done some light stuff but there isn't that much mud and wide trails are few and far between. Anyone in Newfoundland? anywhere you can recommend?
I've got a 93 pickup 4cyl 5spd with a 3in body lift, waiting on 33's to finish her off.

also opinions on the black doors? I wasn't to fond of it at first but the rugged look is growing on me.

>TRD off road stickers
>Not even TRD model
>4cyl
>large tires
Wew

Looking for some advice on all terrain tires or other tires that can handle snow, that aren't snow tires.

I've got a 2014 Grand Cherokee (just bought it) and a 2003 Wrangler. The Wrangler has, BFG AT tires and I haven't been too impressed by how it handles the snow.

I live in CO, so snow tires are not worth the investment because it snows once or twice a week, then the very next day all the snows gone and the weather is 60 degrees F with a bright sun. Any recommendations for a tire that's great in snow but still used a lot for commuting? The tires will be for the Grand Cherokee

I'm keeping the Wrangler as a toy, but I really don't want to put snow tires on a commuting vehicle.

Any Jeep experts? I want to buy an XJ Cherokee.

Can I fit 31s 2" suspension lift

pic related, me mums car flexing hard

XJs can "fit" 31s stock

You'll rub a half turn on each end of the wheel rotation, but it works

Sweet, should be fine with a small lift then

All I could find on the internet was people with at least 4'' lift on 31s, but in NZ anything over 2' needs to get certified ($).

What is it with americans and huge lifts

I have a 4runner and a jeep.
Alot of people hate on jeeps but they are really amazing off road, but they are pretty trash on road comparatively.
The 4 runner is more liveable for daily driving by far but they jeep is just more fun and MUCH cheaper to mod.

>Small van
Almost like some kind of...mini-van!

Suzuki Sierra/vitara. Either will go hard, cheap and easy to repair.

This is normal for nissan and jeep

This is normal for toyotas

I like my Nitto Terra Grapplers. Good off road, not very loud on road, handle snow pretty well, not too expensive.

At one point yes