Got into a car wreck and was issued a ticket for wreckless driving...

Got into a car wreck and was issued a ticket for wreckless driving. The wreck may have been my fault but I don't agree with the charge. Any tips on defending?

Lawyer with a name ending in berg or stein.

You would have to give some more details on the incident...

He probably doesn't want us to tell him how retarded he is.

Buy a dash cam and rewind time

>wreckless driving
What a bullshit ticket, and when you had JUST gotten in a wreck too.

No. You already probably implicated yourself by answering seemingly innocent questions. They won't slap you with that juicy dinger unless they've already fucked you good.

He was trying to deliver tofu up the mountain but hates doing that. So, to get this over with, he was driving as fast as possible.

He wasn't being "wreckless".

I always found the wording of that charge a bit funny. Should be wreckful driving or something

OP you NEED a lawyer if you want it dropped/lowered. Gonna cost a bit of skrill though so you should run the numbers and see if its worth it

>wreckless driving
>involved in wreck

You should have been charged with wreckful driving imo

there are ways for them to tell if you were a dipshit m8

i know because i murdered a fucking cow and didnt get a single ticket because i didnt do shit wrong like speeding etc

Subaru driver #924820 was driving like a dumbass with a smug face because he has superior handling due to asymmetrical AWD and a low center of gravity Boxer engine.

Then he had to brake.

>Any tips on defending?
Your lawyer has all the tips and will apply them as needed to get the reckless driving charge off your record. He would tell you that the most important thing is not the cost, but that a reckless driving charge on your public record means others can look at it and assume things about your personality. That data will also propagate thru many other online databases. That can affect your future prospects or even job hiring or promotions. Naturally, car insurance rates go up a lot for proven reckless drivers.

What's a reasonably compromise between speed and safety one day is reckless driving when you hit someone and don't call the cop "sir" when they show up (and drive anything japanese)

It's an officer's discretion charge. Get a lawyer and it goes away.

t. jew

I beat a reckless driving ticket. I got drunk, smashed my car up into a car with someone in it, and fled. They used evidence to find out who I was and mailed me tickets but no DWI :^)

Basically no officer was present to observe my reckless action so it got dismissed. They couldn't prove I drove in a reckless manner, ie; I could have swerved to avoid hitting a deer. I ended up getting failure to report an accident.

Hello all, OP here... sorry for being absent, Internet cut out.

Details: about six cars ahead of me someone's tire blew and spun around the road, ended up in the ditch and flipped their car a few times. That caused a chain reaction of maybe two or three more accidents. The people in front of me were fortunate enough to see this happen and could break for it. I only saw people in front of me start breaking (I thought they were slowing down because someone merged lanes and didn't give them room) and the next thing I knew they were in a dead stop in the middle of the road.

I figure since it was a chain reaction incident, and since the cop wasn't there to witness, that I can get the ticket waved. Not everyone who gets into an accident is driving wrecklessly, and if anyone deserves the ticket, it's the person who was driving on unsafe and unfit equipment.

Wouldn't it be Wreckful driving since if you were Wreckless your car would still be not crashed? :D

S P A C I N G
P
A
C
I
N
G

It's spelled "reckless," it has no relation to the word "wreck."

So basically you're asking a Malaysian latchhook board about how to fight a reckless driving charge WITHOUT a lawyer because you think you can get it "waved?" You think because somebody else deserves the ticket that you, with the advice of us shitposters, can fight the long dick of the law?

You seem to already have it figured out, why even post this thread?

You were driving recklessly, and you'll have a really hard time fighting it because the people in front of you were able to stop because they aren't tailgating faggots like you.

More like he wasn't paying attention while changing his vape cartridge

It sounds more like "bad" driving than "reckless" driving, ie: OP could not visually judge deceleration and didn't know he (she?) had to brake to a stop.

If cops are going to hand out reckless driving for bad driving, I would like to know these cops, because I have some dashcam footage they'd enjoy.

We were all about the same distance apart from each other. They had the benefit of seeing the severity of what was in front of them, while all I saw was brake lights and a reason to slow down (the guy who was merging).

Also, the people in front of me also crashed into each other. Not sure if that was clear.

You should always keep at least 2.5km spacing between cars. Anything else is reckless driving.

>You're Honor, I'd like to apologize for being an ass, and you can have my boipuss as a repayment if it would please the court

Hence the unrealistic nature of some laws.

how is it unrealistic to keep that much space between cars?

Top kek
Golden thread

2.5 kilometers? You're trolling, right?

You double nigger, you rear ended someone, you're fucked.

With insurance I understand. But not the ticket. This was a large accident that cause a variety of unavoidable side effects.

There's nothing unrealistic about having your car at least 2.5km from other cars. In fact, right now at this very moment your car is more than 2.5km from most of the cars that exist. If you would just put in that extra effort to make sure your car is at least 2.5km from all cars that exist then you wouldn't have been in an accident.

its not a wrx so thats not likely

"And didn't know he (she?) Had to brake to a stop". Sorry but if you see brake lights ahead you have to be prepared to stop, otherwise you are not in control of the vehicle and that lines it all up to be a reckless driving charge. The next time you're driving try to follow the 3 second rule of following, you'll quickly see that it leaves a TON of space between you and the car in front of you. And that nobody follows the 3second rule. Don't mean to pick out you user but it sounds like op was not in complete reasonable control of a motor vehicle was therefore driving recklessly