What is realistically the nicest car you will ever own?

here is my dream car

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zrkAIewYpgU
youtube.com/watch?v=gI_gReoGjAU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh hell yeah, wait.
Auto?
GTFO

i like being able to eat and text and do stuff when im driving bruh

Z06 or M5

I mean, you can do all of that with a manual if you're not retarded.

>text

707hp and you want an automatic..damn
red seatbelts are ok but theyll get dirty
block heater? ill assume youre going to drive this in winter
anyway i like the hellcat too

1k buckaroos a month.... what the fuck

>1000/month
>LEASE

Lolwut, you can lease an S-class for a similar price.

does it come in auto? matic

sent from a mac

It's showing the financing price you fucking retards
The toggle above the price is set to BUY not LEASE

nigga please I shitpost on Veeky Forums in my manual cars

git gud faggot

The manual version has less horsepower.

lol wat?

source please, that sounds like total bullshit

I think my next car will be a tesla. Hopefully a P100D.

So... it's still 1k a month....

But its got that LOL powah!
And that front end that makes it look like disney designed it for their "neanderthal muscle car" character.

I fully plan to buy a Z51 Coupe when my folks die and I sell their house and put the rest away for my kids college.

Kill yourself

Actually I'd love to have an old Merc C-class with a V6 or a manual-swapped AMG of that period. As they all have 100k+ miles on them they are quite affordable.

Get a load of this guy, drive-by shitposting.

>dream car
>not based snek

>snek

It's fairly possible that I'll be working for Porsche as an engineer after uni. 2 people I studied with are already there, I'll graduate next year and already got an invitation for a job interview.

There were some cars where the a/t or awd version had more power to compensate for the drivetrain losses, but only 10-30hp or so. The Hellcat seems to always have the 707hp, but I wouldn't say the idea is bullshit, maybe the ecu acts a bit differently.

I get that. Hell, look at the 2500 Cummins Rams, the manual has less hp/tq.

But we're talking specifically about the Hellcat, so in this case it's total bullshit.

manual hellcat has the same horsepower, it just has a different first gear ratio that gives it less usable torque

Probably this. They depreciate slowly tho, 6-7 years old 6 series still go for 13-14k euros.
I find this to be the most handsome 4-door saloon on the market today. The CLS looks much more brutish and robust and than the 6 series.
No I don't care about passengers.
No I don't care about performance.

Garbage.

don't worry, he probably will eventually if he eats burgers and texts while driving. too bad he might take out some innocent motorists too when he rams into oncoming traffic with his landbarge.

I do admit that's abit more expensive and luxurios than the regular Veeky Forums dream car miata or the barn door engineering Camaro/Charger/Mustang

well, I hope I can afford a foxbody mustang or turd gen camaro someday, but prices keep rising faster than I can save cash. a couple years ago they went for 4-5k euros, now they cost around 10k. guess I'll have to stick with old shitboxes.

>10k euros=11167.00 US Dollar
>for a third gen
Holy shit dude I'll sell you mine for $5000
I paid $2600 for mine

I drove a C280 from 1994 a while back. 2.8 V6.

It had 69k miles on the clock, and was absolutely brilliant inside and out. It was the first time i'd driven an automatic car, so it took a little getting used to, but I was amazed at how it felt to drive considering how old it was. The car itself handled beautifully. It felt like it was gliding over the road, which was particularly impressive given that I was driving through British countryside.

The best part is how cheap this car was for the owner. Just a spot above £2k.

Overall, great experience. If you get the opportunity to buy one.. do it.

And?All this does not negate the fact that new BMW is piece of shit.

Tell me a company that isn't a piece of shit in this day and age.

why not, but after import costs (shipping, taxes, customs, more taxes, inspections, registrations, etc) your car will probably cost around 15000-20000 euros and a month of paperwork to me. for example, people are asking around 25k euros for old CVPIs around here, and I hear they sell for around $5k in the states.

VAG. I mean GTI, Octavia RS, B8-B8.5 A4, A6 C7. New A4 only with fucking HALDEX. Honda, Mazda, PSA.

>VAG
The 1.2 tsi was just a metal package of problems and issues. Even VW admitted the early engines were shit.
Many new VAG cars come with problems right out of factory. And I'm talking VW Europe. Rust in less than 1 year.
The 1.4 tsi was also shit. Basically VAG comes up with 2 new engines in 20 years and they're both shit.

>Mazda
Mazda has gone horribly with pricing and it's now more expensive than all it's rivals in any segment. Mazda is getting butchered at the sales department.

>PSA
Are you retarded ? Peugeot is back at making completely unreliable cars. The 508 heralded the return of the unreliable french car.

>Honda
Apart from the Civic, Honda's presence in new cars in Europe is non-existent

I'm poor and on a path towards self-destruction, have no hopes dreams or aspirations so probably nothing at all but a beat-to-piss C3 Corvette could be fun?

Are you a nigger by chance?

>Be yorocuck
>buy not a diesel vag shitbox
I dunno about new shit tsi engines, but 1.8 and 2.0 for gti/octavia rs is really good engines.
>Are you retarded ?
Mah, my dad driving C5 2.0 HDI with hydroactive3+, and this C5 is a fucking reliable, m8.
>Apart from the Civic
euro accord 8? Fuck, why russian don`t lika a wagons? Accord Tourer really noice.

Yeah I heard how wonderful those cars were. Also there are loads of W202 C-classes that reached 300.000km without major problems.
Actually I'm thinking about getting a rather cheap one to have a car to work on, to learn basic maintenance without having that fear of ruining something expensive and to also have a car that I like. My current Scirocco is basically the opposite of what I want.

Hoping to buy one of these when I'm in a position to keep up servicing.

>i would like to repeatedly stab myself because it looks cool
go for it, champ

A 1993 Buick Century is all the reality for me.

>bmw
What went wrong? why are they so boring looking now? the proportions are all fucked up on that thing.

>Financing a Hellcat for 72 months

I drove one of these regularly (Boss') and it's hard to see out of. I was constantly paranoid when I'd change lanes because I wasn't always 100% sure I'd covered all blind spots

1.8 R4 20vT engine from VW is in production since 1996
The 2.0 R4 16v FSI and TFSI were first introduced on the Mk V GTI, back in 2004.
These are really old engines, they ought to be perfected after 12 / 20 years of production.

>euro accord 8? Fuck, why russian don`t lika a wagons? Accord Tourer really noice.
This shit. The Accord is a rare thing on the roads.

Safety regulations made cars fatter and fatter.

How about comfort ?

>This shit.
You say?
>These are really old engines, they ought to be perfected after 12 / 20 years of production.
WTF. I mean 1.8-2.0 EA888 engines, dude.
youtube.com/watch?v=zrkAIewYpgU

>safety regulations
not all new cars are ugly though? new accords and some vw's are good looking

I'm 28, making just shy of 100k/year, but I've given up on my car love. Would've been a Corvette, ZR1 or C7 2 or 3 years ago.

Today? Focus RS or whatever is the best AWD hatchback sometime in the next 20 years.

Does anyone else like these fucking things? I mean it's a fucking Cadillac and objectively there's better options but I really fucking like the ATS-V

It's ok. Not the best I've been in, but definitely not the worst. The seat's cushioning was very thin and, as a result, your comfort is largely based on how well you can set an ergonomic seating position.

If you had ~100k for it, I would highly recommend you look into other cars as well.

on a side note, wide-open throttle on that car was one of the most exhilarating things I've ever done and the exhaust note sounds like some sort of wild boar "snorting" every time it shifted.

Car was a 650i Grand Coupe

The EA888 2.0 unit was first seen on the VW Jetta / Passat B6 back in 2006, and it became officially labeled as a new unit in 2008. Same for the 1.8 unit.
The upside is that you can buy urself a motoring monster in the form of Mk V Jetta, with 197 horsepower, for 5.500 euros.
Or a 150 bhp VW Bora for 2.500 euros.
What a time to be alive !

>my dream car is a Chrysler product
hahahahahahahahahahaha

HNNNNNNNNNNG

Just seems like the car for people who cant afford a CTS-V

No matter how much the RX-9 costs, I will afford it

nigga those cvpis sell for like 1-2000 dollars lmao

>want a hellcat
>dont have 70k
>can still have hellcat

Freedom is a wonderful thing

You're in debt for 6 years. That's not freedom.

well in fairness the auto version is a good amount quicker than the manual

Either a X5/X6 M or a C63 AMG. Just need to wait a few more months

I am pretty sure you can buy it for 20 000 second hand

from what country tho?

This with a silvertop.

I work at a bmw dealership and I don't understand why idiots buy x5/x6 M. Why the fuck would you buy an suv if you want something sporty? That's just retarded

Not him but having a powerful SUV is rather nice. Power plus less need to watch out for obstacles plus more space in some cases. Don't know about the M models but SUVs also tend to have a more comfortable suspension.

I don't know. But when i drove i knew i had to get it. Feels so nice

Because after the Bangle thing HQ told the design department to not take any risks. At all.

At least Mazda has the better engine technology at the moment. Instead of strapping on a turbo, improving the thermal efficiency.
I agree about Honda, their marketing is terrible if not unexistant.
Also while reliable, the 207, 307 and 407 were absolutely dreary. The 208 and 308 are huge improvements.

also the Giulia

M models will probably have a super stiff suspension to keep it somewhat sporty - killing the comfort.

Yep, nice engine, but gen 3 usesan integrated exhaust manifold, and this upset me.
youtube.com/watch?v=gI_gReoGjAU

>red seat belts
>$195

what did they mean by this

>25k for a fucking used crown vic
nigga wtf

It's an expensive car broke dick

The X5M is fast as fuck, traffic light slayer

good job, you've triggered the people who fell for the manuel transmission meme.

Could afford one right now, could easily re-save up the money after house downpayment plus mortgage payments and buy one

but I'm a one-car kinda guy and I'd be too scared it would be a typical Italian shop queen. at least with the house it's easier for me to fix stuff on my own.

Nigga turd gens are cheap even here in eurostan. I bought my second gen for 8400 and they tend to run higher.

AMG E63 S Wagon or M6 Gran coupe

Or upcoming zl1/zr1

Probably an s15, a decent one is a bit over 10 grand here so I could see it being a possibilty once I get my masters and a decent job. Plus it's my favorite car.

Lexus IS300, N/A 2JZ brought up for a single tarbo, new paint and full reupholster.

As long as you'd consider that nicer than a new year model sedan with everything.

I saw a c3 in great condition for 7k the other day, but I instead got 2 c4s for 6k. I recommend the c4, it's too damn fun

In quebec city turd gen are rare as fuck and sometime they ask like 10k for an auto. But here boomers only buy mustangs when the roads stop being full of salt they are fucking everywhere.

I have different levels of "dream"
Low: GT-R
Mid: R8, Maserati, or Aston something
High: Ferrari or McLaren P1 (right now)
Old: Boss 429

I'll probably just end up getting a ZL1 when they're available and drive that for like 10 years until I have more money to blow on toys.

Context is important. I know Veeky Forums is completely retarded when it comes to finances, but for example:
If it's 0% you'd be stupid to not finance it for as long as possible.
If your APR on the loan is lower than what you're getting back from investments you'd be an idiot not to finance it. e.g. Car loan rate is 2% and your investments are yielding 5%
etc.

Op thats my no 1 pick too, except for auto

This was unfortunately it

Have fun never owning your own home

You're not entirely wrong, but the next step to wealth is to realize that the increase in price to 70k for the hellcat, is not worth the expense beyond the happiness that could be gained from a 20-40k car, of which there are plenty of excellent options.

Unless you're stupidly rich. At 90k/year, I feel comfortable with a 30k car and cheap insurance(FoST) compared to a previous vehicle I had(2012 5.0 GT).

Hence, context. The assumption is he's going to get the car anyway.
Happiness is also relative. To some people it may be worth the higher price, especially someone who gets entertainment out of their car (e.g tracking it) and not just driving too and from work.
I'm not employed so while a Camry would suit my *needs* with the relatively small amount I drive, I'd also probably want to kill myself. For me personally, I'm in the mood for some power so I'm looking at a GT, 2SS, and waiting for the ZL1 to drop so I can accurately compare it. Can't see myself in some econobox and while I can see myself in something like a Mercedes or BMW, for that price I rather have the fun/power than the luxury. I'll save the luxury for when I'm older and a pony car would look like a midlife crisis.
At some point the money is there to be used rather than to sit in an account, and this is coming from someone who loves watching numbers go up. What everyone in that position has to do is figure out what they can afford, what it's value is to them, and if it's worth it. Admittedly, most of the time people end up way on the other side of that equation convincing themselves they can't be happy with less. I could obviously get away with less, but I don't particularly want to. I know in terms of true price, a ZL1 is going to cost me something like $200k over the next 25 or so years in terms of opportunity cost and I'm okay with that. And frankly, the minimum amount of use I'd want out of it is at least 10 years, so I'd probably still be better off than someone who buys a $30k car every 5 years because they finished paying off their previous one.
At the same time, while I could "afford" all of the cars in my dream list (as in being able to buy it outright), the value point isn't there for me. Opportunity cost is too high, and it would take a larger % of my wealth than I'm willing to part with for a car.

Everyone's gotta draw their own line, unfortunately most people are shit artists.

But yea, it sounds like way too much car for OP, but if he's gonna do it anyway, might as well do the financing part right.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>30k car and cheap insurance(FoST) compared to a previous vehicle I had(2012 5.0 GT)
Just out of curiosity, how much of a price difference are you seeing between the 2 cars in insurance, and were both policies with the same company?

I really want a 300C SRT8 as a comfy land barge.
Also a W12 Phaeton but I dunno if that's realistic

Holden, more specifically hsv. And they will be kill next year, when Goyim Motors finally replaces the commodore and it's derivatives with Korean crap and German cuckmobiles.

Hsv still make a rwd manual supercharged v8 sedan with an lsd and that doesn't suffer from angry soap syndrome or normalfag cuckery.

I'm guessing Germany from

r8

Just to clarify this is my dreamcar,i do not own this vehicle

My first car and current car
I'm only going to be using it for another year because this time next year I'll be starting my year abroad and I'm going to 'give' it to my dad
When I come back, I have another year of university and I might move to my uni town and I doubt I would be able to afford the insurance there
A year after that I'll hopefully have a job but it might take me somewhere where owning a car is useless

I drive manual but i have no problem with auto, especially with paddle shifters they are fun af and convenient in traffic. My next car will probably be a miata (2014-2016) with paddles.