Other urls found in this thread:

richmond.craigslist.org/mcy/5744357502.html
richmond.craigslist.org/mcy/5751674729.html
norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/5739327460.html
revzilla.com/product/puma-roadster-v3-boots
revzilla.com/motorcycle/forma-mirage-boots#size_chart_tab
revzilla.com/product/alpinestars-s-mx-5-boot
sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/mcy/5752013246.html
abcnews.go.com/International/lightning-storm-kills-hundreds-wild-reindeer-norway/story?id=41715831
youtube.com/watch?v=EG2GU8Cp6Ms&ab_channel=TomásSantos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Now officially a Guzzi thread

not first

a post.
what do i do now guys?

Also post prisma pics

richmond.craigslist.org/mcy/5744357502.html
richmond.craigslist.org/mcy/5751674729.html

norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/5739327460.html

found these but im not sure whether itll be worth the long hour drive to see the first two

Posting Guzzi's

What motorcycle boots are best to get started? I don't want to just keep relying on my work boots.

But wait there's more.

You're the Guzzi doctor's kid right?

a* cobra

Yea.

Alpinestars?

Your dad is based as fuck. I talked to him a few months ago regarding a part I was trying to find, it's nice talking to people who actually know shit about Guzzi's. They just have so much character and soul, everyone should own at least one in their life

Yeah tech 3's are a really good boot for the price.
probably the best boots you can get without spending $500+

Dear /dbt/
I'm going to buy a third bike, and I wonder if u know something about the Honda V-four 500 f2 ?
In my entire county I only found 3 of them on the local Craigslist, so I thinks it's a pretty rare model

Tldr:
What can u tell me about this bike ?

get something modern

I already have a 06 Er6 for my daily commuting

Tell me about the V-Strom /dbt/ thinking about getting it to compliment my SV650S. Can it do any sort of trails?

rare and unreliable, nearly impossible to buy parts for these days.

its literally the sv motor, get something else

get a dirt bike if you want to do trails

it's literally an sv650 that can do trails at the expense of twisties
if that's what you want then go for it

how about within $200?

revzilla is showing me a few like Puma and Forma

revzilla.com/product/puma-roadster-v3-boots
revzilla.com/motorcycle/forma-mirage-boots#size_chart_tab

or just go with alpinestars like you said?

revzilla.com/product/alpinestars-s-mx-5-boot

MAKE ITALY GREAT AGAIN

wait shit

Depends how much you like your ankles, i would just go with the alpinestars.
i wouldnt trust any other brand with cheap boots.

puma are supposedly really good but i wouldn't buy anything without toe sliders

I've gone through three different pairs of boots and two different brands, i'm on my fourth pair of boots now which is a pair of SMX plus and I couldn't be happier

Don't get cheap boots whatever you do dude

I'll take your word for it then

Also take my word that earth orbits the sun and that water is wet.

So you think it's not worth it, event for 300$ ?

funny

Fucking magnets, how do they work?

Not him, but I wouldn't.

also fuck doing 5 captchas

Oh fuck no, You could be putting it back together for the next 30 years.
maybe if you already had one and needed parts.

'Sup /dbt/ honda shadow fag here again.

Probably going to replace my clutch springs with stiffer ones cause it's pretty soft, but lots of people recommend advancing the timing while I'm in there... Or rather they recommend the spring replacement while doing the timing mod but whatever.

Do you guys think it's worth it, to advance the timing? Shouldn't take more than a bit of dremel work, aside from disassembling everything for the clutch springs anyway.

And how hard are carburetors to fuck with? Deleting the airbag and replacing it with a "velocity stack" (basically a pipe for air intake) seems pretty popular, especially with the bobber crowd, but requires rejecting the carbs for the increased airflow.

Don't know how much more power I can get out of this bike, but it is kind of small for more and any boost would be nice, though I guess I'm not going to do anything too major since this is my first bike and mostly just want to learn to ride before selling it and moving on to something bigger.

Also why the fuck don't they make cruisers that are somewhat taller and narrower, lighter weight, and better performing/more efficient? Is using old as fuck technology some kind of requirement?

I guess, like why do they only make entry level cruisers for short or small people and if you're not 5'6" or a woman and want a reasonably sized bike you have to move to something significantly heavier?

Like literally every cruiser advertises as being great for women or tiny men, but fuck them, what about people over 6'?!

what happened to your termi?

I see ... thanks dudes

>First class of new semester at 9:30
>already 3
kek

sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/mcy/5752013246.html
Get a 55hp DR or keep saving for a 690 Enduro R

Upgrading from a hand me down KLR and want to get more power while not getting an even fatter bike.

Neither, get one of pic related.

>prof calls
>asks where you are
>tell him you're in a sticky situation
>show this pic
you are now a free man.

How many km/miles are a lot for a bike?
I know that's a pretty vague question but im looking to buy my first bike and It's hard to gauge which bikes are a good buy or not.

>Deleting the airbag
wat

62k miles for me is a lot, but heck, there's this guy with a 2004 F4i with 300,000+ miles on it and is still going strong.

Mine has 240k km and its fine, it is more if it has been serviced properly and when due.

Then it is age and just all the small things that need replacing as they go bad.

hella miles

not sure how it wore off, think they used pasta glue to hold it on

also i overheated the fuck out of it once(morew than once), that probably didn't help lol

top speed runs so good tho

Keep saving up?
I've seen a few used Betas around 9-12k, If I were to go that light I'd prefer to get a KLX/WR and afford to kit it out.

Maintenance records and obvious references of care matter more than odo numbers.

Thanks bro's. So a well maintained bike (eg. GS500/cbr500) with say 30k kms (19k miles) should be reliable and well within its service life?

Yes, my GS500 has about the same. usually most bikes require a valve check/adjust around 24k km so ask about that.

by well maintained you meant to the last bolt, then yes. It may not run like you got it out of the dealership but it will run straight and true.

>amerikeks think sub 100k km is a lot

heck even 100k is nothing on most bikes.

So I did my first group ride last Saturday. First time I'd ever ridden in a group and first real actual twisties that aren't just winding surface streets with traffic lights and fuckheads.

About 40 people. Bikes ranging from the 300 class all the way up to a Panigale 1299, and everything in between. My little 300 ate that shit up, but it felt like it was about to explode the entire time. Just to keep up, I was in 6th gear and 8k rpm on the straights. And having notably less torque than everyone else there, I had to pin it through the corners and not let up. The brakes, despite being single-disc, seemed adequate. I'm also now planning on adjusting my suspension to be one notch stiffer.

I ended up in the slow group at the back, which consisted of a Vulcan, an R6 (more about him in a minute), an R3, me on a CBR300R, and another V-twin cruiser I can't remember. The Vulcan led, barely throttled through corners, and was still pulling off consistently because torque.

The R6 lowsided pretty early in the ride. He was a couple spots ahead of me, and the rest of the group left us to find our way, despite not knowing where the hell we were. His frame sliders took almost all of the damage, and he got away uninjured despite squidding. Paper plate bike. Nice guy though.

Another rider who was between the slow and fast groups carried too much speed into a corner, target fixated on an oil drum, ran off the road, and mangled the living fuck out of his Buell XB9. He got away with a probably broken ankle.

>cont'd

Fucking autocorrect. Should have been deleting the airbox or airfilter and all that shit and replacing it essentially with a nice chunk of pipe with a mesh screen lol.

glad you're ayt, welcome back.
kek

is everyone you ride with fucking shit tier?

abcnews.go.com/International/lightning-storm-kills-hundreds-wild-reindeer-norway/story?id=41715831

CHRISTMAS IS CANCELLED

praise allah

The whole experience made me realize that I'm ready for something bigger. The fact that I was even keeping up, to me, on a 27 horsepower, 286cc single leaves me feeling more than slightly self-impressed. Being in the slow group, I never felt like I was pushing my ability past probably 60%, but the bike was running at probably 90%. Three weeks ago, I didn't even like the idea of highway riding.

So the question is where do I look next? I want a faired bike that's light and is more focused on technical riding, as in track and twisty riding. I have no interest in going 170 mph on public roads. I am a small man. Price is important but I'm not above sucking dick for wheels.

So far I'm thinking:
>ZX6R
>Daytona 675R
>CBR600RR but lol discontinued
>Duke 690
>R6

This is not considering the used market. From a design standpoint, I fucking love the idea of a small-displacement bike, but the 250cc and 400cc I4 and V4's that were manufactured are all but unavailable in the US, and if you can find them, they're unreasonably expensive for what you're getting. The announced new CBR250RR and rumored US CBR300RR/400RR intrigue me greatly.

Thoughts?

And for the record, I don't at all regret starting on a 300. Fucking love this bike.

I'd go with the daytona

How long have you been riding?

Work has been beating me to death.
I was the most surprised at the R6 guy. He was just very new, I think. Most amused at the Duke 390 that was in the fast pack, which had more than one Panigale and at least two Daytonas.

R3 guy was hilarious though. He had Illinois temp tags (this is in Texas). Brand new set of leathers. He said, without any experience, he rode his R3 from Illinois to DFW about a week after getting it. Dude was super smart too.

How to get rid of depression dbt?

I bought the bike on April 2nd. Since then, I've put 4800 miles down.

> acquire currency
> penetrate females
> ride motorcycles

So did all ride you and came all over your face?

You are still shit and slow, just because you rode with even shittier riders doesn't make you any better.

Get shitfaced and look at memes with your friends

if no friends make some friends

stop liking cuckold shit

>Dude was super smart too.
for you

That dude totaly fuckt his cbr300 boipucci

Starting to get into bikes, checking out some moto vloggers and watching accident/rage vids

Why does it seem that all of these moto vloggers sound like pussies, do cringy shit and are in general beta faggots?

Does anyone know of anybody that does moto vlogs/videos that isn't a pussy? Like god damn

vid related youtube.com/watch?v=EG2GU8Cp6Ms&ab_channel=TomásSantos

It's ok to be jealous.

I'm not saying I'm Rossi or anything. But I really wanted to pass that Vulcan. His corner game was weak as fuck.

Downshift83.

You could have passed him on the corner, but you didn't. Why?

downshift83, revbomb and en187

> mfw have mone
> mfw gf
> mfw ride dream baiku everyday

I have friends, but looking at memes doesnt make me happy anymore

Maybe cuckhold will get me out of this rut...

cool, thankies bros

Leestuart87
And
TASH motovlog

ill be your bull

>TASH motovlog
hes dead m8

Seriously? i always wanted him to die

Find new memes, or just get super fucking trashed everyday

You can only shill so much before you actually need to create content, tash

The whole video is better

Ditch the bitch and make the switch.

you mean when the guy cuts him off and he gets so fucking butthurt he starts crying and riding in circles in an empty lot at almost getting hit

That video is pretty much /dbt/

Yes, shit was funny. Also The driver almost it him.

No, id rather a black man.

Still kickin' man.

This is what im doing atm, it doesnt make me happy.

Ive come to realise that.
But motovlogs that i see on youtube are THE MOST BORING PIECE OF SHIT VIDEOS. so i refuse to add to it.

Gotta find a way to be content with my content.

Post harley

>Thoughts?

its time for a 1 piece or 2 piece full suit and gets some track day time under your belt. Fuck buying a new bike.

>I fuckt ur mum!!
>fagget
>fuck the bike

Pretty much

Sure.

He was navigating because we lost the group after R6 guy went down.

Did you go on a trip?

Fuck off harleycuck i hope you die

Yeah the driver was trying to kill him pretty much, would have definitely beat the shit out of the guy if he did it to me

Holy shit if you want a bigger bike buy one and stop begging for approval on here.

I don't know what to tell you man, I'm depressed and hate myself too