Veeky Forums recommended vidyas

Post fun racing/driving/vehicle-related games that aren't complete horse shit.
>inb4 this isn't /v/, get off my board REEEEEEEEE
>inb4 driving IRL is best game

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2fx3mBoYNyY
beamng.com/resources/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

obligatory last truly great NFS

BeamNG if you know a little bit of modding you can experiment around and make realistic engines and shit. Pretty fun sandbox game

Also there's a containment thread for you OP

Assetto Corsa if you have a wheel
otherwise grid, nfs, beamng, spintires etc.
>/ovg/

Can you tell me about BeamNG? Its seems cool but I haven't seen much about it.

Its not a game at all pretty much. but if all you want to do is take cars with a realistic damage and handling model and then crash them in crazy ways its pretty fun.

also supports a wheel but its ffb is mediocre

It's as sandbox as it gets. Choose a car, spawn it, choose parts, tune the suspension/engine and drive around. There's also scenarios that you can do. Pretty easy to make simple mods such as new engines, transmissions, sounds (if you have a good source) etc. If you're interested I can upload my private mod with sounds from Shift 2 and a bunch of new engines, most of which have realistic torque curves.
They have a website with game recommendations and stuff which might be worth checking out.

Suggesting someone to go to /ovg/ for racing game talk is like suggesting to go to /v/ to talk about video games.

I had a ball with that My Summer Car leak. You think BeamNG is worth buying?

Yes. If you don't care about supporting them, it's an easy pirate.

You didnt post a picture of Carbon though...

Personally I think Most Wanted is a better game overall, even though Carbon did some things better.

Project Cars.

and if you cant really afford an actual wheel just mess with the settings for the controller and its just as fun as Forza.

Shame about the lack of cars. Looks amazing and sounds better than Forza!

>tfw I unironically liked NFS The Run

Any newer NFS game was trash though, and I'd rather stick to the Trackmania games for my arcade racing fix

I agree but in terms of driving I think Carbon and MW were neck and neck. Its sad though cuz carbon always gets over looked.

>mfw I remember spending $80 on MW deluxe edition and the game book.

If you want updates without waiting for a torrent and redownloading the whole game, yes. Otherwise as the other user said it's a really easy pirate. I myself bought it for the updates and to reward the devs since I play that game a lot to pass some time.

l hated Carbon. l can't even tell why exactly. Somehow it felt like the soul had died.

Forza in general. The Crew is fun too. Burnout Paradise is nice, but its a bit old so multiplayer might be ded. Grid 1 and 2 are really fun arcade racers. NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 is great, the newer ones are hot garbage though.

All PC sims suck in one way or the other, not in terms of realism, but as games

If you can emulate, then you have the real good stuff like Burnout 3/Revenge, the Tokyo Xtreme Racer series, Ridge Racers 2 and so on

Can you race bots in that?

Carbon was fun and I really liked the boss fights where you're on a cliff
The crew members were a neat idea but usually I'd just get the one that just speeds you up, found the others to not be all that useful
But it just didn't have lasting appeal imo, and I would've preferred it so much more if it took place during the day, I'm not a fan of night time environments

You can. You have to add an AI Control app to the screen and it's possible. They've added a "chase" function in one of the recent updates so you can also simulate police chases and shit. The AI isn't very good though, problems include bad speed choices (too slow to race, sometimes literally stop before turning), often times AI runs a straight and decides to stop, make a 180 turn and drive in the other directon in the "random" mode and it's pretty resource-heavy. You can do other "fun" things such as getting one AI car doing a random route and another one to chase it, doing a random route in an AI controlled car from a passenger's perspective or spawning 2 AI cars with random pathfinding and waiting for them to crash head-on.
The default sounds are pretty shit so I recommend getting a sound mod. I'll shill my own again since I consider it pretty dank, I also recommend getting either a gamepad, a wheel or even a joystick for maximum driving pleasure.
youtube.com/watch?v=2fx3mBoYNyY

Thanks. Any good street-city maps so I can be a boy-racer faggot? I've been having a vidya itch for a good ricer racer game.

Shut up, bastards and go to /ovg/

>/ovg/

There might be some mods for that but the default maps are mostly highways and out-of-town roads.
You can find a lot of decent quality mods here: beamng.com/resources/
no u

It's like this game went completely under the radar. It's great for a console game.

>tfw you will never see a true sequel to Burnout Paradise

Does anyone else still play forza 2? I went on the other day and actually found one guy online and I got BTFO on the nordeschleife.

Gran Turismo 6 is pretty cool, the cars sound like fartcans but the driving physics are realistic

Yo, what up, Forza 2, 4, and Horizon here.