>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webms
>JUST

/dbt/ map: Meet vicCB400anon
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator: See if you can ride the anime girls learner bike
>cycle-ergo.com/

Boring webums with sounds:
Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/3M-08579-Leather-Vinyl-Repair/dp/B0058WXNOK#customerReviews
vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/mpo/5757614118.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Noob on a ninja 250 with big fat "L" on my bike
>Been getting by with shit gear for my first few weeks
>Want to drop $500-1000 on a nice dainese jacket, gloves and new helmet like pic related

Would I look like a goof wearing what I guess is considered "racing gear" on a fucking ninja 250? Is it worth the investment right now?>Noob on a ninja 250 with big fat "L" on my bike
>Been getting by with shit gear for my first few weeks
>Want to drop $500-1000 on a nice dainese jacket, gloves and new helmet like pic related

Would I look like a goof wearing what I guess is considered "racing gear" on a fucking ninja 250? Is it worth the investment right now?

MAJESTIC

KTM meme pic please

Stop posting this you literal faggot. Nobody gives a shit what you wear. Also a jacket isn't "racing gear", this is.

Where do you guys go and what do you do when you go for a ride? Just got my bike recently but don't know where to ride or how to find somewhere else to go.

>cute

>s100f

I'm curious, what do you guys think about last Moto GP season end?

r o s s i
o
s
s
i

What's wrong with it?

what game is that?

1 day

does the /dbt/ map get updated?

>Would I look like a goof wearing what I guess is considered "racing gear" on a fucking ninja 250?
I wear pic related with glove, and knees protectors on a Z250SL and it's fits me well and I look better.
and anyway it's for your safety.

>Where do you guys go
on some twisty roads, or into the forest
>what do you do when you go for a ride
ride

noice

whale bike a shit

Did you quote the wrong post? I don't watch motogp.

Valentino™ Rossi™: The Game™

50 dollars on steam
20 on key websites
free on extratorrent.cc

Better?

tricolor best color
not a gixxer

>"ktm cardinal" and "ktm bird" return nothing on google
Help

i was about to say dude

does anyone here have and or have ridden a CBR900RR? no extra fancy shit on it, just 400 pounds of pure baiku.

Actually, no. The whale looks better than the one you posted in my opinion.
also, this It needs the blue

Gixxer would kill my back. Too sporty.
I like grey better.

No, there's Rossi in that pic.

Gixxers are actually quite comfortable compared to the rest of the Japanese competition.

>compared to
Busas are also _relatively_ comfortable, but still way too uncomfortable for me.

A sports tourer then? VFR800? R1200RS?

> VFR
Sounds cool, but I hear they're high maintenance and have low mileage.
> R1200RS
Haven't looked into that one yet. Looks bretty gud.

It's finished. Also found out I can swap to a brembo caliper and underslung bracket to drop another pound

>R1200RS

Gf's dad just got one, he's really impressed with it. Quick enough, handles superb, got all kinds of nice bits on it (quick shifter up and down, heated grips, dynamic suspension, Brembos etc).

If you're after something to get a move on with and be comfortable too, seems like a good choice. Sounds nice too with the boxer.

should i just put the fucking wheels back on my shitbike? i want to make a nice nightride through the city desu

How much are you saving up, all toghether?

Do it. Post webms.

Not him, but wondering
How to make night webms not look like shit?

dude maybe i should just make a video of me riding around in the city at night and put syncpop over it and then put it on jewtube, i mean could be cool right

ill go down and put the tires on my bike

>finally get baiku registered yesterday
>already 150 miles in
>100 today alone visiting a state park after work

i hope you had fun today, /dbt/!

Looking for 27

Pounds?
That's like 10? Kilos
Doesn't sound like that much

>chin vent preventing chin mount camera
Should I just stick it on anyways and hope it doesn't come off?

Lucky! I have had my bike for a few weeks now, but don't feel comfortable riding more than a few miles from my house because I don't have my license yet -_- As soon as I get through my MSF course and pick up my bike license, I'm gonna go on a road trip for a few days and release all this pent up urge to drive

How dangerous is it to ride after you drink?
I usually drink but I'm hardly drunk.

Pounds, plus 23 off me. The bike is already down 50lbs from factory, so the easy stuff is done

After playing video games all day for the past few years, I can safely say buying this toofiddy was the best decision ive made in years, i cant believe I actually just went outside for no other reason than to just "go".

Baiku is medicine for the soul, nigga.

I did, put some big ass grazes into my new knee sliders, and got a few new pictures of myself in my new leathers on my bike so I'm happy.

I am in the exact same boat, Ive logged more than 3000 hours in games just since winter of 2014. Where are you located by the way? looks like eastern US. I have a treehunned by the way

Lancaster County, PA. Amish paradise.

Hey i pass right through there on my way to new york every year! you are very right about the amish paradise statement, only place comparable here in the US is way upstate

Great success!

Honda Shadow guy here, finally got it working! Guess it was just a shitty connection somewhere, I went through and cleaned up every connection I could find, made sure it they were all solid and secure, and the bike started right up without a problem! Checked voltages and shit, everything is working perfect. That was frustrating as hell though lol.

Anyway that covers my major shit, got new sprockets and chain, fixed the electrical problem....
No there's just miscellaneous niggling shit. Lost the second bolt for my chain guard somehow, the seat only has one bolt and it doesn't really fit right, need to move the rear blinkers farther back to accommodate saddle bags, one of the blinkers (shitty aftermarket LED) got water inside the lens somehow, the seat has a small crack (got electrical tape on it now, need to properly fix it or re-upholster the seat), and I want to put in stiffer clutch springs and perhaps advance the timing 4º for a bit extra power, plus the bike needs a thorough wash and wax..

But it's perfectly rideable now so good enough! Time for a beer!

>tfw used to live in the country side but didn't care about bikes
>winding mountain roads and beautiful beach cruises literally everywhere
>now I am yesbike in a big city
Shitsux

are any super sports currently manufactured in japan?

its not a good idea

Rarely, grindr is quicker

am not a gay

then why are you here

Less so for those around you than if you were in a car, more so for you either way than not at all.

It's your business what you do with your own life and if that's all it could affect I wouldn't have a problem with people getting completely blitzed and getting hektik but if you drink stay the fuck off the road; the life you end may not be your own, and that's the problem with DUI.

My brother really sucks at taking pictures but it was fun fucking around on industrial estates getting the knee down.

to discuss bike and not my sexual identity

>live about 30 minutes from 3 different cities

>still hardly any bikes on craigslist

Do you never drink while riding? Not even a beer?
I suffer from depression and alcohol is one of the few cures.

who are some cool motorcycle people on youtube to watch? ive seen that duke of dc guy, he seems alright.

i feel like it would not be a good idea to combine my passion with my escapes. especially when its alcohol and a moving vehicle. i dont think 1 beer puts you over any alcohol limits though, and even if it did 1 beer is not even a buzz.

Get your head down

Not really much need, the reason I look upright is because the bars on the 500R are actually quite high. They're "clip ons".

It's just friendly advice for improving your riding. I assure you that if you had a picture from straight behind you, a line drawn through the centerline of the bike would show your head and shoulders on the high side, forcing you to use more angle than necessary to carry a given speed. It's a big difference when you start dragging toes

Real bikers don't give a shit how they look and have a proper fuck off attitude.

That gear will protect you, so go for it if your current gear doesn't. If you are buying for fashion and your current gear is safe but not sexy, upgrade as needed but I'd be stashing loot instead of burning it as you get it.

The people who score bargains on motorcycles put aside enough cash to pounce when one comes up.

aww yeeah

>depression
>alcohol curing it

Unlikely senpai, forgetting the pain doesn't make it go away

>Baiku is medicine for the soul, nigga.

Truth.

Nothing can make the sorrow go away. Not even sleep, I used to dream of stuff for fucking years when I was young.
Alcohol makes me be at peace with myself but if I drink too much for too long then it gives me anxious attacks after the effect goes away.

>Guess it was just a shitty connection somewhere,

Good for you. You can buy miscellaneous metric fastener packs online so you have spares.

3M vinyl repair kits fucking work. Try it on your seat. Follow the instructions. I use painters tape to hold the grain paper over the repair, and I heat the metal tool with a heat gun.

amazon.com/3M-08579-Leather-Vinyl-Repair/dp/B0058WXNOK#customerReviews

Perform a practice repair as they suggest. I followed the fucking instructions and, holy shit, it did the job. 3M products tend to be excellent.

An old trick for blinkers full of moisture is remove the lens, then get a thin metal rod or a cutoff coathanger, and heat the metal over a flame.

Gently but firmly push the metal through the bottom of the lens where it won't interfere with a screw hole. Withdraw it quickly. You can remove any flash with a razor blade. That doesn't start a crack like drilling can and allows moisture to drain or evaporate.

All four blinker lenses I did in 1999 on my Harley are still intact, and I've not had any socket corrosion problems.

>Do you never drink while riding? Not even a beer?
>I suffer from depression and alcohol is one of the few cures.

No beer for me and I'm depressed too, but booze only ends badly and the end is long and of such epic misery I'll take depression any day.

Get baked at fucking night then go to sleep instead. If you want to drink during the day, it's time for a life change.

I ride pretty fucked up frequently

>go to Cycle Gear to buy handguards for my DR650
>price tag says $99
>they ring up to $45

I guess they were on sale 50% off, not bad.

I just wish they'd carry a better selection of other brands instead of filling their stores with 75% of their shitty store-brand gear.

forgot pic

It's really dangerous. We even watched a film on drinking and riding in my MSF course that cited a few studies / statistics showing that you greatly increase your chance of being in a motorcycle accident after drinking even if you're under the legal limit of .08.

I got a DWI 6 years ago when I was 22 so I don't ever even drink at a bar or restaurant if I'm driving a car anymore. I'll only go out drinking if someone else is driving or if I can use Uber. It's just not worth it for me to risk getting another DWI or getting into an accident after drinking and it's such an easy thing to avoid with the tiniest bit of self control.

I drink the remains of beer when I wake up.

If you're used to alcohol you can drink more and the effect will change, I noticed this. You won't get the down effect that brings depression as long as you're used to drinking and don't drink too much booze.

where i come from, we used to say
>drinking is just borrowing happiness from tomorrow

>amazon.com/3M-08579-Leather-Vinyl-Repair/dp/B0058WXNOK#customerReviews
Thought about getting one of those, but it has all sorts of colors I don't need. Looked around for a cheaper one with just black but no luck, so I put the electrical tape on until I figure something out, holding up pretty well though 2bh, but it's just a small X of tape.

Not sure how to get the lens of the blinker, it looks to be a completely sealed unit... Not sure how moisture got in, the other is fine. I didn't look too close though, figure I'll fuck with that more when I move them, and if I can't figure it out, a new pair is like $5 or something.

Drink all day today and sleep through tomorrow

Damn that's pretty accurate.

What if I never stop drinking

Good job man! I'm glad it wasn't something more serious.

I'd avoid advancing the timing though, I think it'll cause more problems than it's worth tbqh.

Thats what I do, never havery problems.

At some point you'll run out of alcohol and either have to drunk drive to go buy some more or suffer through a terrible hangover while you sober up. Neither of those are good things.

>do you never drink while riding

Fuck no. I'm 6'4", 230lbs and it takes 3-4 shots on an empty stomach before I even start to notice them but I don't drive/ride within an hour of having even ONE beer. There is no benefit to it that isn't wholly outweighed by the safety of just NOT being under the influence at all while driving.

Again, this isn't from the perspective of being a repressed faggot teatotaller or anything (I like beer, I like liquor, I think they are generally good things) but rather from a perspective of how our decisions can affect others. I'm also especially biased against DUI since my best friend and his brother almost got themselves killed a few years ago by being dumbfucks and drunk driving and they apparently both fell asleep or passed out or something and crashed and were just lucky they didn't take someone else out too.

>alcohol makes me feel at peace
>gives me anxiety attacks when the effects wear off

You are probably an alcoholic. No judgment here, but please get some help with both it and your depression, and ride on.

Ask Gascoigne.

drinking blood and drinking alcohol are different

Gascoigne is a coke head as well

Drunlk driving ain't all bad

I didn't mean to drive drunk, just after a beer or two, just enough to have some effect without any real downside.

The only cure is death.
Not that one, the football player.

Sure thing buddy

well, at least he has a cool nickname

wish people would call me gazza

The paradox of this opinion of course is that if it's enough to notice then it's already too much, and if it's not enough to notice then you might as well have just stayed sober instead.

ANSWER ME

pretty much

by the time you feel "a little buzzed" you're likely over the legal limit to drive

Buying a jacket for DD commute.

Thoughts? Might try to haggle to 250 (~185 USD)

Tvancouver.craigslist.ca/van/mpo/5757614118.html

It doesn't work like that. When you're just buzzed you can still safely drive.
I've driven the scooter lots of times in that state. If you are aware of your state and can manage to be more careful than usual then you can drive.
Actually when I drink I'm more energetic and responsive.

I've fucking driven home with two broken malleoli once and went to sleep. I still don't know how I did it.

Small chest (38") with long sleeve (24").

Buying a jacket but not sure which one is more important to make sure fits. Anyone experienced with sizing and whats important?