Will the Camaro or Mustang ever make more than 707hp, and if not how long until Dodge raises the bar again?

Will the Camaro or Mustang ever make more than 707hp, and if not how long until Dodge raises the bar again?

What's the limit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nAvIVGGhEis
youtube.com/watch?v=pp41d3Z2ypI
youtube.com/watch?v=jafWCdTT3A0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't care. 400-something is still fucking ridiculous. People are just spoiled.

Meh I can see 5-600 on the street and still be reasonable, most cars having that much power is just insane as most liter+ bikes made in the last 20 years.

However pretty much anything over that is just dick waving becuase you'll never use all of it, and the only way you could justify having it would be to track it.

It's just dickwaving, the amount of time you actually use 700hp is fuck all

The only good use for all that power is shredding rubber
Being able to light em up in any gear at any speed is a magnificent ability
Too bad it's a fat slug and can't get down the quarter in the time it should

No, because Ford and GM actually understand the concept of driving dynamics these days.

You don't need all that power if you have a well sorted car everywhere else, unfortunately for Dodge they haven't figured that out yet

Is the number or the capacity to actually use that much horsepower actually the limit. As it is, the SRT gets its shit beaten by most things simply because it spins its tires so much. In that regard, electric motors (read Tesla P90D's) are really what's setting the pace atm, with the capacity to actually use whatever ridiculous amount of torque they generate.

Otherwise, the upper limit is largely governed by tires. The grippier the tire, easier it is to accelerate in a given direction. With current tires, that's at about 2s for 0-60, and we've got cars making close to that (porsche 918, P90D, and more), so really the question should be "how long until {Pirelli, Michelin, Brisgestone,Yokohama, et al} raises the bar again?"

related: youtube.com/watch?v=nAvIVGGhEis

707 is pretty damn far from what's possible with today's technology. 4 figure hp numbers would be possible if it wasn't for all the emission horseshit. Way to go California.

400hp is less than what a Escalade has. Hardly ridiculous.

Mustang first then camaro will follow

>GM understanding concept of driving dynamics

>driving dynamics
>GM

pick one

>Whats power to weight ratio.

Also Escalades are slow as shit.

and yet...

>can't compete against other race cars
>no longer sold to the public

The Escalade is only 1000lbs heavier than a Hellcat.

0-60 in 5.8 is likely faster than whatever you or Veeky Forums has.

that wasn't exactly the point

707hp isnt even impressive

even less so when it gets btfo by an electric luxury sedan

The hellcat is faster

miata's do 0-60 in 6 seconds or less, lol. the 2016 even does it 5.8

>electric
N-no, I swear it has more power than a hellcat

but its not as quick

not faster than a Tesla at a drag strip

Yes it is. Hellcat runs 10s flat
And it can do it all day long, not two and a half times

no it wont

even on drs it runs high 10s

same as a P85D on street tires lol

>implying you or anybody on Veeky Forums has a 2016 miata

2200lb bar of soap vs a 5500lb brick and it's barely quicker, hardly an accomplishment. Also enjoy that 4000rpm at highway speeds.

There are several 2016 miats on here tbf

whoops P90D not P85D

The Tesla is quick not fast. Learn the difference.

>$140k to accelerate quickly once to 60mph
>getting passed by a ICE minivan after 60mph

priceless.

yeah, and there are a ton of GTRs too

Can a miata carry 8 people?

>two and a half times
>I have no idea what I'm talking about

learn to read
it still runs high 10s so your post is irrelevant

You can't put in good times with 8 people in the car.

>I have never driven a Tesla and have no idea what I'm talking about.
FTFY

NC's will run sub 6 as well, though admittedly they're not as fast as ND's

>only 1000lbs
Drink coolant.

That's the difference between a BRZ/FRS and a Mustang, you faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=pp41d3Z2ypI

yeah

thats a lot

youtube.com/watch?v=jafWCdTT3A0

>That silence
and that is why people hate electric cars, they aren't fun

>any retard can make 700hp

All depends on how much the factory wants to stress the engine

>they aren't fun
>I haven't driven a Tesla

gotcha

Any electric car,
I don't want to fall asleep from the silence

>Slower than a V6 Mustang or a v6 Maro.
>Cant turn

>Will the Camaro or Mustang ever make more than 707hp
A top spec Mustang might, but Chevy would sooner kill the Camaro than let it creep into Corvette territory.

>and if not how long until Dodge raises the bar again
Only when Ferd or Chevy gets close enough to the existing mark.

Doesn't the supersnake have like 800hp already.

European here. What is the purpose of +300 hp cars (apart from supercars) ?

The supersnake had 750 and then 850 hp almost 10 years ago. This was an option from shelby. Only thing that doesnt make it production is the fact that they arent premade, only special ordered. Theyre also 6 speed only and about 3900 pounds.

The hellcat is a beautiful car, that screams badass. But it does struggle to run high 10s. Slicks/pulley/tune on a gt500 will get much lower than that. My 13 year old car has slightly more HP than the hellcat and is about 900 pounds less. Also has a t56, kenne bell, and mt et street II radials, 315/35/17.

Cant wait to find one and race it

Doesn't the cobra jet make 1000hp?

Coward.

You know there's an app for teslas to pump any engine sound you want into the cabin right?

lel stay ignorant user

>Buy a Mustang or Camaro

Actually go out and drive them and have fun in them

>Buy a Hellcat

Brag to everyone you have a Hellcat and get on Veeky Forums to ask y no1 liek muh 707 hp

That's an 1/8 mile drag so it is really only measuring 0-60 anyway.

>Only 1000 lb
That's a Fuck load considering my car weighs 2800. Like 33% of my current weight slapped on

True. But you CAN put 8 people in a Slade and make decent times.
>INB4 but a bus can fit fiddy!

>implying the 707hp claim is true

>AT THE CRANK

It's very under stressed from the factory. Ralph said this was an 820+ horse engine before the engineers kept getting cucked by emissions.

The Twin-Turbo V8 GT500 should make quite a bit more.

The hellcat makes 707 stock?

American muscle is based on a large engine with good power for cheap

It actually makes more, 730 I think. Dodge probably underrated it for insurance reasons

>implying ever other company in the world doesn't rate their cars at the crank

And then what? What are you gonna do with it other than lots of smoke and noise and bragging about the number?

Yes. Got a problem with that?

Making a high horsepower production car like the hellcat isn't anything about performance. You've already won that sector. What it's about is convincing people it's a GOOD car all around. This means comfortable seats, good entertainment system, air condition and creature comforts, and great gas mileage. The biggest selling point for the Hellcat was that you could still get 20+ mpg if you drive it correctly, which you can't do with most high horsepower custom cars.

I'd say as long as they keep the mpg high and capable of passing emissions, they'll push peak horsepower up as far as they'd like.

The Camaro would probably hit 700+ hp before Fiat-Chrysler actually makes a good economy car that people other than low credit scum drive

That's basically it
But you can red light race, a lot of muscle cars are made for the drag strip so you gotta show off that straight line speed

Probably the Mustang. The GT500 as of late has been focusing more on being that high-powered musclecar like the Hellcats. The last GT500 was rated at over 660hp and Shelby was able to get another +100hp out of it.

Camaro is much less likely. GM seems to be focused at making it more of a trackday vehicle than a traditional musclecar. The last ZL1 only made about 640hp.

> muh HP
> muh speed limits and anti-hooning laws

Whats the point breh? Just get a nice comfy sedan and a nice sound system

> pic unrelated

CJ's aren't street legal and don't even come with a valid VIN iirc.

750 for the 2015, don't know about any newer one.

>The last ZL1 only made about 640hp.
IIRC it was 580hp.

Because people that live in civilized places can use some of the power without getting their shit crushed.

Having that much power is like having a 12 incher, sure there's not a lot of places where you can use all of it but it's definitely not a bad thing to have.

Charger hellcat is a nice comfy sedan with a lot of horsepower

so you can have both

You really think 730 vs 707 is meaningful to insurance companies?

if that 700 is in a sedan, I'm sure it does