I have a Buick Roadmaster with an LT1, a eurobeat cd, and a bucket full of water and hotdogs. Can I drifto...

I have a Buick Roadmaster with an LT1, a eurobeat cd, and a bucket full of water and hotdogs. Can I drifto? I wanna be the 'murican Takumi, dominating the local drift scene with my land barge. Can land barges stand a chance?! I seek glory!

that car might be good at a demo derby

about it

You are a faggot.

xD yea man ull be the epic burger takumi!!!

the fact someone in 2016 drives a buick roadmaster in itself is more of a joke than 'american takumi' though

Can it stand a chance? what makes a good drifter?

This was the best I could do for a rear wheel drive with a good bit of power in my area and price range...

>hoses from hot dog bucket to rear wheel wells pointing towards wheels
>solenoid button inside cabin
>on demand doriftu

Their not that great at demo's, they plow bad in stock form and blow out the humps, a panther would be better.

Just go for a nice cruise op, that's what they are made for.

Weld the diff and throw an agressive cam in it.

also remove any weight you possibly can

a good drift car doesnt weigh 4000 fucking pounds

You need to modify the car. Remember. takumi's 86 was heavily modified by his father before he even got ahold of it.
Step 1: T56 6 speed manual conversion. Donor tranny from a 1993-1997 LT1 F-body.
B: remove the front seats and replace them with aftermarket lightweight racing seats, preferably reclinable for maximum comfy. Recommended brands: Recaro, Corbeau, Sparco, or Bride for maximum JDM
3: now you need some decent wheels and rubber. pick an aftermarket wheel, and make sure that each wheel (preferably 17" or 18") is lighter than each of the factory wheels. Wrap them in performance rubber.
D: Now you need the suspension mods. Use the Impala aftermarket to your advantage and invest in a good aftermarket Pro-Touring suspension. As part of these mods, make sure you install a rear limited slip differential.
Step 5: Now you have it handling right, and have dropped some weight. Now to tackle reliability. Search the forums and find a way to convert to a distributorless ignition and get rid of the Opti-spark system. I've heard the most popular conversions use the ignition module and coils from a Cadillac Northstar V8.

Pic unrelated but interesting. Some madman decided to swap a Northstar V8 into an F-body.

That's cool.

its the only thing I could get that I could work with, everything else is a mustang or a rusted out pile of shit... or both.

a Mustang wouldve been a infinitex better choice

>everything else is a mustang
so everything else weighs less and has more horsepower than what you picked, congratulations.

ignore this faggot who's never dealth with anything drift-related.

You can make your Buick drift, but you'll need modifications like mentioned.

you can keep trying but your b8 is pretty bad

only the most ignorant of people would buy it

>ignore this guy who's post was objectively correct and listen to me, its a GOOD IDEA to dump money into a fucking buick roadmaster for a 'drift' car
ignore this faggot whos never turned the ignition in an automobile

It's not for drifting, it's for cruising.

never said it wouldn't be more expensive in the long run. Trying to discourage him by pointing out it can be done but it's not cheap. Let him look up the prices of those parts and then give up.

hmm... I am gonna have to save up some more cash then. I'll look into some of this stuff done. may take a while on my IT paychecks but I could maybe manage it.

Keep your ears open for a Buick Roadmaster rising up in the drift world, those rice rockets wont know what hit'em! drifto roadmaster will be the ultimate stealth sleeper.

Just buy a fucking miata holy shit

oh your god...

>lol dude just buy a shiity car that all the wannabe teenage drifters buy

Don't listen to this fuckhead. Go for the Buick Drifter. It'd entirely possible and doesn't make you a ricer dickface

well whats a preferable alternative since we are on the topic. in my area I've seen a:
'86 camero ($5000)
a ton of 90's mustangs (boxy is nice, but they are rusted out have some big problem or are ugly modified)
'96 gmc sierra (bad tranny)
'85 benz 300 deisel that looks like it hasent moved in ages
'99 s10

the Buick looked like my best option here, it ran well, had a good engine, rear wheel, cd player so on... granted, I didnt plan on drifting it when I bought it, felt inspired recently seeing other in my area doing it.

only Miata around was like $7000, nope, too small for me anyway.

>miata too small
m8 im 224cm irl and my miata fits fine, its probably the roomiest roadster out there

I wish I could get my hands on one of those...

>too small for me

So you're a fatass?

kinda tall and fat... I've been in a Miata before, they are not that comfortable on longer rides.

Buick roadmasters are cool.

just chop the roof off your buick and remove the carpets and its basically a miata, plus itll be a sick track car