Wheel camber

What is Veeky Forums's thoughts on wheel camber, from my understanding a little bit can help you round corners better, but a lot of it and its useless and ruins your tires 4x as fast.

Lower your car with camber kits. Roll fenders and have a clean look

Stance has always been retarded.

The OP pic is dumb. There are configurations where a mild amount of camber and toe is appropriate and helpful. The OP pic is a example of a broken and poorly functioning car. It is a demonstration of how a car should not perform.

To be clear: this is not opinion, the car is broken and does not operate correctly. Is is a fact.

camber doesnt increase wear that much

you need to make sure the rest of your alignment is in tune with it

if you do that then it isnt bad at all

asking Veeky Forums is a bad idea because theyre all incredibly ignorant and bias on the subject

>contact patch of tire reduced to 1/3 of treadwidth
>magically doesn't reduce lifetime 3 fold.

Yeah, naw m8.

yeah

see here comes that ignorance

Veeky Forums should just not discuss stance they dont know anything

kys
Pic related is a race car. Note how much camber it has. That is how much camber they dialed in to make a Volvo sedan a viable racecar. You really don't need to do that much camber OR that much lowering for a normal road car.

Ideally, the best traction a tire gets is when it is at zero camber. But because of suspension and steering geometries, this is not possible to achieve. Hence a bit of negative camber so that when a car corners, its outside wheels tip up to zero.

The more negative camber you have to dial in to achieve this, the shittier a suspension you started out with.

>stancefag making shit up to justify having waaaay too much camber

And here comes that physics.

In fact, here comes that fucking reality.
I know a guy that has a lot of camber. He replaces tires every 6 months.

>ignorant user thinks his speculations are facts

my truck had -2 in the front and 0 in the rear due to solid axle

if you set the toe correctly its not bad at all

Ive seen people run way more than that and get good mileage from tires

Just like everything else that's good to experiment with and use in moderation, stancefags have ruined coilovers for everyone. I think it's about youth culture desperately seeking unique identity do they latch onto "new" (newly affordable) tech and make it "their own" by taking it to absurd levels. This is exactly why stance fags all vape.

coilovers have been around for decades

Ive seen 70 year old men driving farm trucks vape
everyone vapes these days

please educate yourself you have the internet theres no excuse

Ok only on front wheels of a folk race shitbox

Appropriate camber doesn't increase wear that much. Stance-level camber will have you eating through tires. Stop posting dumb shit.

"Muh racecar civic"

Nah mate, shut the fuck up. Actual racecars (like a mercedes clk gtr) use less camber than your honda, and they are dedicated track monsters. A road car has no real use for camber and lowering, it just ruins the car and is a flare for retards and faggots.

if you camber a street car you need to kill yourself

Veeky Forums confirmed for normies who dont even touge

theyre edgy as fuck and probably not old enough to drive either

>please educate yourself you have the internet theres no excuse

I'm glad you're enjoying THA SKRAPE LYFE BREH LMAO 420 BLAZE IT MONSTER ENERGY VAPE ERR DAY

Why would you turn something functional and practical into something superficial and unusable?

Shit's utterly retarded. It ruins your tires 10x as fast. And it's not even a money thing. I wouldn't have camber if I was a billionaire. If you want to turn faster, get better tires and do weight reductions.

google if there is any retarded camber drive on touge..even hump stance wouldnt pass

>overwatch

>Veeky Forums confirmed for normies who dont even touge

around here our backroads get pretty rough. i'd be driving slower if i was lowered desu

Ridiculous camber is good for drift and that's about it.
They don't get to stance levels though.

I know nothing, but it looks kind of cool to me.

"It's totally safe, bro."

Anything more than -3° isn't functional and will only increase wear. But anything less than -2.5° will only increase grip when cornering. I'm at -2°F -1.5°R rn, haven't had a chance to test it out in autox yet tho.