After 4 years of saving money for my dream car I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on one of these within the next 6...

After 4 years of saving money for my dream car I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on one of these within the next 6 months. Ask me anything.

Wait for the facelift to hit and hope that people will trade in their first gens and get a better deal on a used one? Wait for winter to hit and hope that people get rid of their RWD summercar?

This is bait right?

It's a good car. If you want to be competitive in an autocross class get the scion. If you want to be comfortable get the brz. Neither one has plush seats. I love mine and like the original face best.

I'll get the GT86 (Europe), because BRZs are virtually non-existent in my area (593 registered in the entire country so far). I don't care about being competitive because autocross doesn't exist here and track days are rare, the "none scheduled" kind of rare.

Not to be rude, but, and especially if you're yuro, why are you spending so much on this car? These things are overpriced in America, and WAY over priced in the land of yurp.

Why not get a used Cayman or something along those lines for close to the same price?

Because Porsche is an over priced toyobaru with the engine switched around. It will cost the same or way more in the end after insurance and maintenance.

>why are you spending so much on this car?
I'm not planning to spend more than 16,000€ for a used one in good condition. A Cayman would cost me twice that in similar condition. Also, I don't want to pay for Porsche to maintain my car, I'd do it myself, but some day I'll have to sell the car and nobody buys Porsches that haven't been serviced by Porsche dealerships.

So you're saying for the same price you'd rather drive a GT86 over a Porsche? I'm still confused.

I can understand if it's just absolutely the car you have your heart set on or whatever, but it's just not a great value for the price is all.

The Cayman is superior in every way you baguette eating fuck.

Keep your German (over) engineering and I will keep my Asian bootlegged Porsche and enjoy it.

Get it. It's fun af to drive, and a huge aftermarket. My last car was a 2002 wrx... Had a lot more power but overall this FRS is way more fun... So many smiles whipping it around corners

>huge aftermarket
The only modification I'd ever consider is a supercharger kit, it doesn't really need anything else in the performance department, not considering non-prius wheels modifications. There's already enough disgusting shit like pic related.

Why does that Toyota have a Chevrolet badge on the side?

Serious question.

>Chevrolet badge
It's the GT86 badge, opposing pistons for the boxer engine and an 86 where the empty spaces of the numbers symbolize drifting wheels. Last time I checked both the bore and stroke of the engine was 86mm, aswell as the diameter of the exhaust tips.

The usdm badge without the red looks better imo

my only question is why is your dream car such a POS? 200hp and shit mpg for shame. a 370z has the same body style with 150 more hp and roughly the same price. I rolled up to a brz yesterday in my turbo outback and racer nodded him and he just nodded his head no and drove away in shame. brz/frs/gt86 is basically an economy car with a race body that isnt economical or fast

>brz
>competitive

>he just nodded his head no and drove away in shame
There's no shame in being a sensible driver. Traffic isn't a race, who cares if you're slower than a soccer mom on your way to work?

The cheapest 370z I can find in comparable condition to the GT86 I'm looking at costs 50% more, weighs a shitton more, costs more to insure and gets worse gas mileage. I don't see a reason to get the Nissan instead. In fact, the money for the 370z would get me the GT86 AND forced induction to get the same if not better power/weight.

The face life has hit. The new BRZ has LED lights across the head lights. It has a torque and horsepower meter on the cluster and lateral G meters. New wheels and more horsepower and torque. I drove 2 of them today and pre inspected them since I work at Subaru.

Everywhere I look it says it still has the same engine with the same performance. Did they seriously add useless gimmick meters instead of an oil temperature gauge? I can live without that hideous bumper and wheels are gonna get replaced anyway.

Let's wait for the good goys to fall for the facelift meme and sell their perfectly fine old GT86s.

This.
Keeping the slim Prius tires both for fun and economical as well as low-road-sound-in-cabin factor.
All this car really needs is more power.

200HP/203PS is okay, but the 151 lb·ft (205 N·m) at 6000 frigging RPM is truly laughable.

Sure it's lighter than my old 9-5 Aero but come on... The Aero at least have 440Nm which is about 325lb-ft.

>Everywhere I look it says it still has the same engine with the same performance.

You need to look harder. But the changes only yield a few more HP.

>but the 151 lb·ft (205 N·m) at 6000 frigging RPM is truly laughable.
It's twice the torque my current shitbox has, which is also heavier. If I wanted massive torque at 1250 RPM I'd get a TDI Golf. A GT86 isn't an appliance for lazy drivers, I have fun dropping 3 gears to overtake and rev to the redline.