He still thinks American cars are bad and can't turn

>he still thinks American cars are bad and can't turn
>he doesn't realize American companies are making the most fun cars you can buy right now

It's time to wake up

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dui1wN9GeDE?t=4m10s
youtube.com/watch?v=4B_YI7vQZdA
youtube.com/watch?v=2GPzgr7iQ9c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Ford
good, goat-tier
>chrysler
discontinued, Italian now
>GM
full kek

>corvette
>godmachine

Nice try faggot.

If you want fun, you go European
If you want cheap and reliable you go Japan
If you want straight line speed and bad build quality you go American.

Yuropeens only make expensive fun cars.

Muricans make slighly slower fun cars for half the price

Emphasis on slower

It's like the best dream ever pretty much, kinda like the 60s in some ways. Large displacement American (... ok, in some cases, definitely italian now) cars are eating Yurps lunch, even in their own back yard.

The Mustang is outselling the 911 in Germany.

This is an awful argument.

Do the same arguments for the viper being "Italian" apply to the GTR being french?
>renault

Also does this mean all Ford owned cars by Ford's subsidiaries are American? it just seems like people's definition of "what car comes from what country" changes based on what they want it to mean.

Cant tell you how many times I've seen Aussies get rustled when you suggest that the Commodore or Falcon is American because Ford/GM ownership. they even sometimes correct you when you simply call the american-spec commodore a "Chevy SS" (could be australian style shitposting)

Where exactly do we draw the line? (not that i expect a serious or half intelligent answer from Veeky Forums) but you never know..

The viper has a Lamborghini v10 that's why it's Italian

Dead fucking wrong m8

8.4L > 5.2L

It's an Italian refinement on the original dump truck engine, but it's not a Lambo engine

The Viper's engine is a Chyrsler LA with 2 cylinders added. Lamborghini casted the engine in Aluminum. Lamborghini i believe was owned by Chysler from 1988-1994. The Current Viper's engine is almost completely different from the one that debuted in the 90s with 400 or so HP that's why it makes 600+HP now.

Eh, it's tough to say. A lot of brands have transcended "borders" and are really more international brands now, but will a Porsche ever be known as anything other than German? I seriously doubt it, but they develop their vehicles as internationally as other brands.

I drive a Ford and lets use it as another example. It's funded and intellectual property of an American corporation, designed and tested in Germany, manufactured in Mexico, and shipped back to me in the U.S. by rail. Do I drive a Mexican, German, or American car? It doesn't really matter, it's a Ford.

As for the Australian thing, that's an exception in my mind. The Barra engine is uniquely Australian, as is Commodore (I believe). Even though they might be American manufacturers, I think most of the R&D is homegrown in Australia.

Anyways, that's as thoughtful of a response as you're getting from me... I think it's only going to become more confusing over time, though maybe brands will start to simply represent themselves rather than where their headquarters is established.

>thoughtful, reasonable response on Veeky Forums

Holy shit

>If you want fun, you go European
Yea all that diesel econoshit sure sounds fun

It's marginally slower (by one second) on one track. Is one second worth $30k more? Not unless you're richer than most of Veeky Forums

america still hasn't made a lightweight rwd coupe

>implying the Miata wasn't California inspired, tried and tested

>bad build quality
nigga is this 2005 still?
Have you set foot in any American car in the last fucking 10 years?

Ford and GM aren't playing around anymore (Chrys is FIAT-tier)

>coupe

Miata was designed after British roadsters

Oh yeah, true...

Fiero then?

>Califags think this
They were inspired by British sports cars, Mazda even bought a bunch of them to test the Miata against.
California isn't the center of the universe.

>nigga is this 2005 still?

No, this is 2016. We have laser technology and you still find the same quality issues even in "top of the line" american sports cars.

youtu.be/dui1wN9GeDE?t=4m10s

Bad panel gaps an indicator of a poor quality product, especially at that price.

Bonus:
youtube.com/watch?v=4B_YI7vQZdA

>California isn't the center of the universe.
They certainly like to think it is. In reality nobody actually gives a shit about California unless it's the butt of some joke against the resident idiots or smog.

That Ford thing is a hard one, and I'm in the same situation too, with the added complication that my drivetrain is built in the UK. (Fiesta ST)

I tend to think of it as a German and/or British car, since it's pretty much entirely the work of Ford's European side and a lot noticeable design elements are distinctly European. (Good examples are the headlight and wiper controls and the shift pattern, all of which are BMW-style instead of typical US Ford.)

>Ford and GM aren't playing around anymore
>GM

Haha, oh wow.

youtube.com/watch?v=2GPzgr7iQ9c

>lol I have no idea what BoF means