In reality, 90% of truck drivers don't need anything more than this

In reality, 90% of truck drivers don't need anything more than this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=02LDMiULFyY
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Montana
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_tax
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Literally an Odyssey with a bed. No thanks.

If it was cheaper then people would maybe buy it. But a used regular pickup is going to be preferred

Big trucks are not about the size of the load in back, they're about the size of the drivers insecurity

>florida
>flooding
>mfw pickup cucks try going through water like the bad asses then a few blocks down are stuck with a stalled vehicle

In reality, 90% of truck drivers don't need trucks. But that's not the point.

I'd rather have a real truck with a usable bed.

>5 foot bed
Why?

>muh "real truck"

The only reason these don't sell. Consider how most trucks owned by suburbanites are just family grocery getters, a Ridgeline is literally all they need. And it'll still have plenty of towing power to haul a boat/trailer.

Most people don't need more than a 90 hp 2-door shitbox, but things are called "luxuries" for a reason.

I know a guy who has a lifted crew cab Titan with a 4' bed and a 20" deep bed box.

>90hp
>0 to 60 in 20 seconds

user that's pretty unsafe when getting on a highway. How are you supposed to pass other cars in a safe and efficient matter and get places in reasonable time.

Most suburbanites rarely leave a 10 mile radius, why would they need a fast car to go on a highway?

It gets the same mpg's as a real truck with a V8 and costs more... What's the point? A Pilot would be a lot more useful compared to that abomination.

I drive a 3400 pound, 109 BHP (when new, 27 years ago) truck. It's really not that bad. You don't end up doing a whole lot of passing.

Hmm you do seem to make a point. Motorcycles should be more popular then.

Good mpgs, inexpensive, low power but with the low weight actually faster than cars. Many third world countries utilize a much higher percentage of motorcycles. But people think they're unsafe and would rather drive their tanks around.

>Many third world countries utilize a much higher percentage of motorcycles. But people think they're unsafe and would rather drive their tanks around.

Have you ever been on Liveleak or a gore thread on /b/? That alone should make you never want to ride a motorcycle. Keep in mind it's normal to see multiple road pizzas a day in third world countries.

IT'S NOT THE BILL OF NEEDS

SHALL

Oi. my 90 HP two door get's to 60 in 8 seconds.

Not everybody drives a pigfat car.

And I'm guessing it screams on the highway over 3500 RPM because the gearing is as short as a Dodge Ram drivers cock?

Eh, not too bad
>3.30/ 1.99/ 1.35/ 1.00/ 0.79

>only comes in 4 door
>only comes in short bed
>still not body on frame
>primarily FWD

its marketed toward subaru lesbians.

Not a false statement but it's still a fucking gay truck.

Once a work tool with few creature comforts, in the 1950s consumers began purchasing pickups for lifestyle reasons and by the 1990s less than 15 percent of owners reported use in work as the pickup truck's primary purpose.[2] Today in North America, the pickup is mostly used like a passenger car[3] and accounts for about 18 per cent of total vehicles sold in the US.[4]

NOT

I like these trucks. They should sell stripper versions with steelies. A commercial workhorse version. And they should tune the V6 for a 5000rpm powerband

And how about a Turbo DI K24 Eco Dreams I4 option with 350tq at 1200rpm

Totally correct, however it's not about need it's about want and nobody wants a faux pickup

>workhorse
>unibody

True story.

Disgusting, but it's more expensive and faster than my current car so I can't say much.

I laugh if you show up to the jobsite with this

>need
Irrelevant.

It has a formed boxed frame section built into the unibody which combined makes it very rogid. It's only inferior to BoF in that you cannot separate the two.

>living in cookie cutter houses
>buys fake "truck"

why tho

You test drove other trucks, right? What made you decide to buy this?

why would I buy an odyssey with a bed when I could buy an actual workhorse, that also happens to be cheaper?

Because for the 97% of the time you're driving on the road, you'll be much more comfortable in the Ridgy, Matter of fact, you'll be more comfortable off road too.

>he thinks I will be driving the truck

lmao no, the wageslave worker will

>ridgeline
>offroad

maybe dirt roads, but as the name entails, that's still a road

Thank god I own a ranch and use my trucks for truck stuff, but that thing in op... gay af... never

Engineering city and a good high school for my Son. It also tows better than my Silverado I traded in.

Why cant trucks be this small in the us?

Fuck you GM, Ford, Dodge, Toyota, and Nissan.

I want that size, 4x4, manual, bench seats.

a lot of things tow better than a W/T chevy. whatever floats your boat man, but i swear those are designed to help today's independent womyn feel more masculine without being too scary

Which is great for you. Congrats. I tow a track car and a bike, tops. Most I've ever thrown in a bed was 20 sheets of drywall. The Ridgeline is working out a lot better than the POS 2009 Silverado I had. Seriously, fuck Chevy. And fuck Chevy dealers.

the new one is pigfat because they are going to sell it as the frontier in the US

like fuck you

Farmville implemented vehicles now?

fuck you Nissan*

Fuck you, europoor.

But no, im legitimately sorry about that. I promise, its not dudes like me, i swear.

Because a Chevy Colorado with a diesel engine and bitch steps wasn't doing that already?

You seriously think a diesel colorado is more feminine than a ridgeline?

BE

INFRINGED

You seriously don't?

No, please no more people who don't know or deserve to ride. The majority of new riders (Chad with the brain of a nigger, stronk independant badass womyn, and Dr. Mid-life crisis) have zero idea of what their doing, and think it's riding a fast bicycle, and that you ride it just like you drive a car.

Then they often buy a 'sportsbike' ducati or ninja that's minimum 600cc, and often up to 1000c, then blast into the road not really knowing how to control a heavy road bike, and thinking that they are as good as a professional after learning to not drop the clutch everytime they take off.

This is how natural selection works, as they usually don't last long when they think like this. If they survive, then it's because of a crash that's entirely their fault (thinking they can go 100mph on wet roads and just jam on brakes when they get scared), and they swear off riding again, as well as cucking their kids from learning safely and properly because "it's too dangerous"

I think the new ridgeline is meant to replace the element
honda knows they can't compete with ford/chevy/dodge when it comes to trucks so they're making a niche product

i've got a 2001 element that I love and the ridgeline appeals to me in the same way the element does

>Literally an Odyssey with a bed. No thanks.
*Pilot
FTFY

And if you ask what's the difference, well fuck you.

Taotally agree with you OP. I see people going to work on empty bed trucks and those take so much fuel and shit. Don't try to shit on me with he F150 EcoBoost. It's shit too. It's still big and heavy. Do you really need such a big truck?

Actually the Ridgeline is the sweet spot and a wise practical choice.

Fine and a vice choice, man. Congrats on your purchase.

If they still made those, and with a manual trans and a real 4x4 system I would own one

This. The latest Hilux is actually really tempting. Diesel and proper 4wd while being kinda civilized for a "tool".

they're so awesome, mines the 5 speed fwd version
250,000k and still going strong, the doorlocks have failed like 3 times though

it's perfect for me, i don't do any hauling but i need a bunch of space to move furniture and lumber around, my only complaint is that it only has 4 seats

Fuckin aussies go back and don't try to make us envious.

>90% of truck drivers don't need a truck
fixed

Garbage.
youtube.com/watch?v=02LDMiULFyY

In reality, 90% of truck drivers want much more than this.

Piss off cunt.

>always wanted a truck
>the more I research and think about it, the more I realize it would be a massive waste of money on all fronts because I'd never properly use it more than once or twice a year and I already have an XJ if I need 4WD or to tow anything of reasonable size.
>if I actually needed a truck otherwise, I can rent one for like $80 all said and done
Sometimes having sound judgement really sucks, Veeky Forums.

while neither is particularly masculine, the diesel cheby has best in class towing and is ever so slightly more capable offroad. the only thing the ridgeline has over it is the interior

It's AWD and unibody... So in other words yuck. Hell, the last unibody truck was that Ford in like the 50's or something that didn't even look good

a guy who works for me just bought two of those unibody pickup trucks, the cancer is so bad i don't think he will be able to get them out of the field without destroying them

there are no floor panels left in the cab or the box and there is ancient bondo peeling from every seam

ugly ass trucks anyways, not sure what the draw is

Not true. Chevy, for example, builds a uni body truck but doesn't sell it in the States because of the "Muh Truck is Muh Manhood" crowd. Why sell something cheaper if a 30-something in TN is willing to spend $50k on a cowboy limosine.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Montana

Ive got an older fullsize chevy with a shortbox and it is too small for my work, i overload it on the regular...
im currently looking for a 1 ton with a 14' flatdeck, cant even imagine trying to work out of one of these suv style pickups.

>Post the literal best truck available made by some godsend japanese
>say no one needs more

No shit sherlock ?

Sell your faggot station wagon and get an MJ.

Ur fuckin dumb lmao

>Shits ugly as sin and drives like a Toyota
No thanks, allahu ackbar can have em

no the answer is the new Chevy Colorado!

tfw my 215hp 4 door goes 0-60 in 8 seconds

Maybe if I want to go everywhere on the back of a tow truck.

That platform (D22) is almost 20 years old. And they are a true work truck, they aren't fast, the interiors are poverty-spec and the ride is terrible.

Great trucks tho.

You're both idiots, the Colorado is an Isuzu and Isuzu is reliable as fuck

t. Cuck

Keep being afraid of machines

>In reality, 90% of people who buy the ridgeline don't need a truck

fixed

>don't need anything more than this
Yurocucks' favorite phrase.

>yurop

yet the ridgeline is marketed towards amerifats

really makes you think

Shit tier.
Today I peeled the rim on my front passenger tire.

Your truck is SHIT.

dat lawn

>hondas best looking car in a decade is actually a truck

really makes u think

Black hides a lot of ugly.

They made a truck with 109hp in 1989? Wow

I'm actually pretty impressed with the new Ridgeline. It's certainly not a truck and won't satisfy everyone's pickup needs, but buyers who want a reliable, practical pickup just to throw shit into the bed should consider this.

>go to Honda website to try out build tool
>color options: black or silver

That's fucking it?

>XJ
>station wagon
That said, I'd love a Comanche. Though
>lol finding one that isn't beat to shit

>Read comparison reviews for mid size trucks
>Everyone creams over the Ridgeline as being the best
>Literally nothing more then looking at the interior and screaming about MUH TRUNK HUEHUE SO UNIQUE
>Not a single one has looked at a trailer
>But everything else is junk because it doesn't have a trunk

I'd also like to see how they go about repairing the body of the box if its in an accident, since its literally part of the truck. You'd be fucked.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_tax

Its literally the governments fault we dont get small trucks anymore
Plus Honda had to jump through lots of hoops to get their new truck on US soil without being taxed to death

shiggy diggy

I secretly like everything about this truck