Are V6 engines the replacement for V8s? V8s are objectively worse nowadays and can only be used for straight line power...

Are V6 engines the replacement for V8s? V8s are objectively worse nowadays and can only be used for straight line power. And when you factor in emissions standards there just seems to be no logical reason to use a V8 anymore.

So v6 is for faggots who actually give a fuck about emissions? Ill take v8s then thanks (ecoboost is still god tier tho)

Not yet. V8s are still pretty good for reliable horsepower

Does pushing this meme really get you off that much? This is really stale.

It's not a meme, retard. It's revolutionary technology only available at Ford.

I think a turbo V6 like the Ecoboost would be really nice in a few different cars but if you think that it belongs in something like a Mustang or a truck, you can fuck right off

>ram diesels use V6 engines
>many semis do too
>hurr durr muh v8

Joke's on you, bucko, I know nothing about cars

It's a straight six not v6 , you Fucking idiot. And they also have turbos.

Ecoboost uses turbos too, retard

>ram diesels use V6 engines
>many semis do too

It's a fucking meme. You are pushing a stale ass meme. You aspies amaze me at how much you think you're passing people off when in reality nobody gives a flying fuck.

Man your life must be really sad to hunt for (You)s on this site. I feel sorry for you buddy.

i thought semis used inline 6 engines
cus inlines are a wee bit torquier than vee engines

the world could use more engine with 6 cylinder engines if they're in a line, longitudinal or straight, whichever of these you prefer

Those are just 0 degree V6s

no, vee engines are just smooshed inlines

>Being this retarded

Anyway, V12 master race and all...

v12 by itself is not master race

you need v12 that can rev to 12krpm with ITBs.

imagine this in an nsx. honda could have btfo every single competitor. instead they goofed up.

Why are you feeding him?

Of course how can V8 cucks compete with a V6.

>what are emission testings

There is a builder that will bore out the 5.4L M73 to 6.4L, and has S54 (BMW E46 M3) derived heads for them. It's fucking expensive, but comes out to about 800 crank HP, also with ITBs.

I don't think it revs above 8K though, and is fucking expensive for my application.

>Are V6 engines the replacement for V8s
NA against NA? No. With FI, under certain circumstances.

>straight line power
See also; most American highways, roads, and at the lights.

FI isn't a replacement for displacement, it's an enhancement for it. A Mustang packing a twin turbo Voodoo V8 would likely shove the Challenger SRT Hellcat off the top of the horsepower totem pole.

>emissions standards
Irrelevant. Eco-cuckery is the death of fun. Soon the EcoBoost turbo won't be "eco" enough because some hippie cunt doesn't like engines powered by exploding dinosaur juice.

Why are you replying to a shitpost?

is V10 the odd ball?

Bump

Why? Alphonse made this thread as well.

who the FUCK cares about emmissions except cuckiforniafags? stop ruining cars with your bullshit.

there are more emmissions from you faggots producing greek sandals and sirracha smoothies than from these cars.

>V8s are objectively worse nowadays and can only be used for straight line power.
I see this is a scientific thread.

Ford is obviously using it's shills to push their V6s as Ford will be phasing out V8s for non-specialty models. This is nothing but grooming and re-education so that Ford can disappoint their V8 fans more slowly and subtly. Ford's intention is to increase their EPA test figures and the V6's are slightly better in tests than the V8, but the V6 sorely underperforms in economy and reliability in the real world. Ford doesnt really care about the real world as they are in a desperate race to meet their CAFE targets. (Corporate Average Fuel Economy)

They're really pushing this fucking hur dur V6 campaign too, with these bi-daily conditioning threads.

Ford's worst PR nightmare is when Egobooms get exposed for being fatally unreliable and costly to fuel.

Lol here's your (You)

> and can only be used for straight line power.

nigger what
so does my V6 pickup truck handle better than my V8 sports car
>no

What is Veeky Forumss opinion on V6 vs V8?

Funniest post on Veeky Forums today

Ford i6 is the only acceptable way forward. When will you cucks catch up to Australian master race