These fucking comments

youtube.com/watch?v=iHzzSao6ypE

Jesus Christ Veeky Forums. Hold Me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GI5Jkvcf4TU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The solution to traffic is less people. We need less people and to stop clusterfucking into huge cities.

I don't know why we keep making solutions to support more and more people. There is an upper limit to this ship we're on.

People would rather bury their heads in the sand than deal with issues at hand.

Most people probably don't know what a Malthus is either.

Nice fucking "solution" you have there.
How exactly are you planning to implement this?
1-child policy? Good luck dealing with a socitey of old people.
Euthanasia? lel.
Force people to populate the whole area of a country evenly? lel.
If we can, feasibly, support more people why the fuck shouldn't we?
I like driving as much as the next guy but come on son, that is some bullshit you're spewing.

I mean I agree with you when it comes to the US for example due to the scale of geographic size and resources, but not smaller countries.

why do normies always drive SO FUCKING CLOSE TO EACH OTHER?????

Usually due to impatience + being late for everything.

Aside from the fact that Tesla is a shitty, overpriced, and overrated technology, they also got that autopilot feature which is just another gimmick.

Everytime that stupid piece of shit crashes, Musk immediately commences damage control and says the driver was at fault and its "perfect." I've seen how perfect it is. Takes 5 mins to park. I'm not a woman, I can park in 5 seconds. Maybe women might need it, but I don't.

In addition, if there's ever an accident, the fucking thing will cause traffic jams regardless. How does the car decide between swerving to avoid a stalled car vs pedestrians on the side of the road? How does that happen? Tire blowouts, overheating, flooding, etc.

>b-b-b-b-but it's so fast
Yah so fast it can't lap the fucking nurburgring ONCE

And it's notoriously expensive. Battery packs for the Tesla Roadster just came out and they are 30 grand plus. You can get a brand new luxury base car for that price LOL.

Oh yah, and that self driving Jeep was hacked. There's also that problem you gotta worry about. GG Musk you beta bitch faggot. I'll stick to my self driving cars. Fuck your electric shitbox.

You're a fucking retard. Especially the American population density is nowhere near any kind of maximum, but people are still crowding into cities voluntarily, and they have for thousands of years. You can't take the city out of people, you can only take the car out of the city.

There's more to it than just population density.

>How does the car decide between swerving to avoid a stalled car vs pedestrians on the side of the road?
By giving it some instructions on how to do so. The car doesn't "decide" anything, it's the programmers of the software.
Consequently, the action taken by the car will effectively be taken by a human (just as it would be if a human were driving), except that human has had more time to think about the consequences of each general option.
What you don't seem to grasp is that if self-driving cars are truly ubiquitous, the prevalence of accidents will be reduced, not to zero, but reduced nonetheless.
Of course shitty situations are still going to arise, but that is not a reason to give up on the concept.
If all else fails, it'd be easy to program the cars so that they closely mimic the behaviour of a good human driver, but I'm pretty sure we can do better.
Also, stop confusing driver-assisted EV's with self-driving cars.

And what is that, awful American urban planning making their city transportation fail so hard?

>Of course shitty situations are still going to arise, but that is not a reason to give up on the concept.
Same goes for self driving cars

KEK

I'm really not wrong. The solution to many issues is to just have less people, or maybe to just not elevate the population any further.

If we sustained the population instead of ever increasing it, then we could more easily find a way to provide fuel, food, and power to those people while not horrifically damaging the ecosystem of the Earth.

So what if society is a bunch of old people for a while? There will be a bubble of old people that the young would have to care for, but after that generation dies off there would be no reason that the population wouldn't return to a pretty even spread.

I don't care about the "economy".

Uh. That really doesn't have anything to do with my last statement.

I was coming from the angle that we may be able to fit a shit ton of people on the available land, but that doesn't mean that the resources are there to support them.

Not him but there's several ways of inducing population control with out one child policies,

Quit incentivising having too many kids by giving people tax breaks for simply having kids, give them to those who choose to adopt or those who want to remain childless.

In extreme cases those who can't keep their legs closed should have their children taken away by social services.

Teach the benefits of not having children or adopting in school, or at least stress that child bearing should only happen after college or starting a career.

>I don't care about the "economy"
Well, you'll have to if you want to make actionable policy decisions.

This guy for instance has grasped that - those are sensible suggestions, the reason why these child-incentive systems are in place though is that in an ageing society children are needed to uphold the standard of living. There is a fine line between disastrous population shrinkage and overpopulation but most western populations are decidedly not exhibiting alarming growth rates, quite the opposite actually.

My problem with statements such as "if we had fewer people we wouldn't have these problems" is that while true, they are not actionable because getting there (fewer people) requires policy which will cause immediate negative effects with positive effects only to be reaped by much later generations.
Granted, those solutions may be optimal in an individual-agnostic sense but the notion of freedom we cultivate is not easily compatible with such thinking, which goes back to the original question - can we rid people of the liberty of driving themselves for the greater good? Maybe, maybe not, but suggesting a population decrease will introduce a similar dilemma rather than avoiding it.

Its quite simple and its already in play.

>what is Universe 25

That's describing the problem, not a solution concept.

It illustrates why you can't just keep supporting a growing population.

All of this planet's problems would be solved - or would be more readily solvable - if we weren't so populous.

Self driving vehicles should be limited to mass transit for maximum efficiency. Mind you, this already exists and its called a train.

Refer to the last paragraph of this post please:

>BUT DRIVING IS BORING user
>WHO WANTS TO DRIVE
>RETARDS LIKE DRIVING

Hey, I voted Brexit knowing it would suck on the short term, the short term being the rest of my life. When in 60-80 years time Greece, Italy and Spain have collapsed and dragged the Eurozone into an economic black hole I'll be dead.

People don't have kids in the west because women are told they are too good to have children so none are born

As a result the government just imports huge amounts of migrants from countries with fertility rates nearly touching double figures and you're all the way back at the start with the same problem.

That's not really a solution, desu. The consequence of high urbanization is population increase - and we need lots of cars to keep things running. There's nothing much we can do about it.

If you really, really hate it the decision to move out is up to you.

>there are people who actually think banning normallly driven cars entirely is great and should happen as soon as possible

Then they turn around and ask their mom to drive them to the mall, because eww public transit is so disgusting, and a bicycle is too much work.

and I bet they're shitty drivers and cause traffic pileups to begin with

>tfw cityfags ruin everything
>cityfags want to ban guns and hunting
>cityfags want to ban ICE vehicles
>cityfags want to ban human driving
I'm sure this'll work out great for rural regions. You know, what 98% of America by landmass is.

I don't understand how no one's considered how precise and perfect this system has to be in order for it to work. And I mean like 100% perfect all the time. My fucking iPhone sometimes has a fit for no reason. Same with my laptop and same with almost ever electronic device I've ever operated. Sometimes it just goes IDK WTF IS GOING ON. Imagine that happening while heading 60mph into an "intersection" where precision is key

Also has no one considered the idea that a 2016 car is far safer than any car made in the late 90's for example but people still drive late 90's rios and corollas because that's all they can afford? So who the fuck is going to pay for everyone in fucking America to have a self-driving car. Electric cars should have shown that a conversion of the norm is fucking hard.

I feel like having self driving cars can leave us vulnerable to attack.
>enemy invades
>Destroy infrastructure that controls cars
>people panic because they can't get out of harms way
>SJWs will want to give up to prevent enemy killing us more

>driving is boring waaah
>manual is too hard waaah
>manual has to be banned
>brexit
>driving isn't fun

Christ. Why did I even bother to read normie comments.

>this is how the majority of the world thinks about cars
B-but we'll ride eternal, shiny and chrome, r-right br/o/s?

So like, a final solution?

>shiny and chrome

I hope so, now witness me br/o/.

youtu.be/GI5Jkvcf4TU

I always hate how people think these self driving cars are going to be infallible.

Those intersection examples with all the cars meshing in between each other gives me the heebie jeebies because computers are stupid.

If theirs a self driving transport truck stopped for whatever reason, and your own selfdriving car doesn't realize it. Just guess what its going to do?

Or
>someone hacks the system, or someone who works there goes insane
>decides to crash all self driving cars
>with no survivors

>I always hate how people think these self driving cars are going to be infallible.
This

When did making woman driver jokes become edgy

>woman and tourists are bad drivers joke
>edgy

I wonder what would happen to them if tried to lurk on /pol/, /b/ or /r9k/.

>my actual fucking face right now

The cringe

>I'd rather smoke weed and play board games on my phone than pay attention to driving
>but if you enjoy driving I don't want to be anywhere near you on the road!!!!

It's been known for fucking ever as "traffic waves". This guy is giving me the shits. And time taken getting through the lights is not just due to "driver's reaction times", it's people keeping a safe enough distance that they can react in case of the car ahead slamming on the brakes.

This video could have been way shorter if they just made the message "don't tailgate and keep a safe distance, then you won't have to brake unnecessarily thereby making the car behind you brake". Then traffic could flow smoothly.

There is also the one problem of people taking too long to move from the lights which has nothing to do with reaction time and everything to do with the driver not paying attention. AAArgh.
Was that anything like the yt comments?

No, the youtube comments were blind support on the most part.

>driving a car is boring as hell
>if the car drives itself i can just be on the phone

Reading shitposts on facebook and twitter is soooooooooooo fun.

If everyone is tailgating no one can merge onto the road whether turning left or right.
This bullshit about how all cars will be able ride each others' asses once self driving cars become a thing is bullshit.

Self driving cars will have to coexist with people driving themselves for a long time, they will just have to be programmed to navigate the roads like a safe driver does. This is what they're working on now

Jesus fucking christ.
>420 BLAZIT M8 GONNA PLAY BORD GAYMZ IN MY SELF DRIVER LOL X^D

commuters ruin everything

just fucking end it all

>That feel when actually enjoy driving
>That feel when like the sound of a good engine being strung out to 8k RPM
>That feel when enjoy going through each gear in succession
>That feel when like the feeling feedback from the road through the steering

Are people like us obsolete?

Like, we all think of old people who stuff cash and gold into their mattress and people who like horse riding as strange fucks. Is that how we're seen by normies? Are people who are interested in cars seen as strange or autistic?

>inb4 some country hicks give their 6th kid to their cousins to adopt them for that sweet guv'ment money

Yes

When people think of car enthusiasts, they think of ricers and idiots who do burnouts in parking lots just to piss people off. There is nothing that really teaches people how to enjoy cars. All the media is shit at it. There are not popular movies about cars that aren't unrealistic and silly like F&F, nobody plays racing sims, and when they do its with a controller on a console. Car commercials are very vague.

Many people don't learn in person because their friends and parents recommend they buy some shitty econobox that pretends to be a sports car by having two doors and a spoiler, or an old boring appliance sedan. They get used to garbage, and don't realize that there is anything better out there. Whats more, most people never even learn even how to correct for sudden oversteer on icy roads, they just learn to slow down if things feel sketchy. There is nothing technical in driving tests, so nobody learns what limits a car.

The best way to learn is probably a Miata, but Miatas are gay, and most people are too lazy to learn three petals when they learn that they don't really come with autos. Also, people want to haul around their friends, and if they want a convertible they will just buy a Sebring or something.

>Are people like us obsolete?
since the 1980s yes