Best 2 seater hypercar powertrain and layout config?

Best 2 seater hypercar powertrain and layout config?

Is it a V8 TT with 3 electric motors (one on the crank and two on the wheelshaft), mid-engine, and AWD?

What config can beat this before law of diminishing returns kicks in and you have a heavy ass Bugatti Veyron not capable of taking turns greater than 40mph?

Other urls found in this thread:

carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-events/geneva/2016/2080bhp-arash-af10-hybrid-revealed-at-2016-geneva-motor-show/
i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y453/RJ_Olsen/RJOLSEN-LAPTOP/Photobucket/DSCF1581_zps09be0a82.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sequential tt v8 or v6 with awd dct launch control and torque vectoring differential, active aero and rear bias on that center diff

Top fuel dragster with two seats, bigger front wheels, larger steering angle an an 100l tank.

>Best 2 seater hypercar powertrain and layout config?

The obvious and only correct answer is "it depends".

Mid-mounted EcoBoost V6, RWD. The entire body is made out of carbon fiber to give it one of the best power to weight ratios of any production car.

Is that Pushrods?

>egoboom
Yeah, no.

>best power to weight ever
Regera, P1, LaF, 918 = all better power to weight

lmao

No NA v12 or v10?

17 Audi R8 V10 plus is best

>2080 horse

I guess if you are looking for that level of tractable power then a certain pushrod engine which is commonly available is suitable. An unobtanium 3.8 tt v8 isnt practical for every supercar

He said production car Europoor

>they produced more 918s than GTs

Fuck off retard. 500 is not production

How can you calculate power to weight when you have neither an official weight figure, or an SAE hp rating for the engine?

This would be best for s supercar. However, a hypercar needs to be exotic, thefore you need at least a V10.

The layout is sound though. Mid-engined ICE with front electric motor for maximum regeneration, it makes the most sense for a hybrid hypercar.
For a track-only hypercar though, only the RWD ICE would be enough - assuming it gets ridiculously tuned.
Oldschool mechanical AWD is quite heavy on mid-engined setups - just look at your average Lamborghini. I'd much rather have the advantages of the hybrid AWD system.

Over 600hp/450kW, carbon fiber monocoque, aluminum front- and rear subframes covered by carbon fiber body panels. How is this not a recipe for one of the best power to weight ratios of any production car?

500 ANNUALLY. There's a difference.

>500 for a 2 year run.
>they just added another 2 year run for a car with v6 for 400k

You're a fucking retard. Porsche built the 918 which costs twice as much in almost the same numbers with better everything.
Ford is a dick tease

>ford still hasn't built a production GT

>sequential
Why would you want this? You'd have to connect the exhaust to both banks, or you'd end up with uneven backpressure on the cilinders. Best turbo layout on a V engine is a double variable twinscroll - even backpressure, extreme response, and extreme turbine flow.
>AWD with a center diff
Way too heavy on a midengined car. Go hybrid instead. Gets you your rear bias, too.
>torque vectoring differential
Only if true torque vectoring - which almost nobody uses, they use brake vectoring instead. Torque vectoring also does 80% of it's work when applied on the front axle, rear axle torque vectoring is not as effective (source: Formula Student AWD electric). So, you want the eletric motors on the front doing some true torque vectoring, and just a simple LSD in the back.

>Is that pushrods?
Yeah, probably an LT4 or LS9.

I love how car manufacturers choose their words very carefully and their tool supporters regurgitate it.

Fastest car ever*
*from the list of cars we've carefully preselected

Come on.

All they did was put a regular old V6 into a car built from carbon fiber. That's it. Lamborghini did the same thing with the Sesto Elemento and it weighed 600lbs less. Glorious Murrican engineering - use carbon fiber - still produce a heavy, fatass car.

Def not LT4 or LS9. Both of those are boosted.

Looks like something NA like an LS3, LS7, LT1 or something

>under 2200lbs
>V6 TT
>Exhaust heat/Kinetic Energy recovery system recovery system
>Massive Aero
>Pneumatic Sequential Manual Gearbox (DCT is too heavy)

>>ford still hasn't built a production GT
They will, near the end of the year.

It'll be a street legal variant of a car purpose-built to annihilate the competition at Le Mans, just like the original GT40 was.

>canadian*

Production cars is defined as either 25 (FIA) or 30 (GWR) units produced. The Regera is the most limited production car out of those four, with about 80 units planned to be built (something like 40 are already finished iirc).

>they won't even run the ring kek
>918 is still going to be much faster

400k for a V6 and a retarded form just for you to be chosen to own one?

Top kek. The over hype is real.
Ill stick with buy a corvette or porsche. Those two weren't built for racing and yet they dominate kek

>Over 600hp
Which is weak compared to the 918, which is the weakest current hypercar.
>carbon fiber monocoque, aluminum front- and rear subframes covered by carbon fiber body panels
Sounds like a P1 to me.

>900bhp comes from a 6.2-litre supercharged V8
carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-events/geneva/2016/2080bhp-arash-af10-hybrid-revealed-at-2016-geneva-motor-show/
That sounds like an LS9 or LT4 to me.

>It'll be a street legal variant of a car purpose-built by Canadians to promote the V6 Ecoboost engine, as dictated by the paperpushers in charge of Ford
ftfy

I wonder. Could you stick KERS on a car with ICE and electric motors? I'm thinking yah but it would be crazy complex and stupidly expensive. Along with the use of carbon fiber. Pushing $5 million+.

There's also the Zonda R. 2400lbs curb weight, 700hp. Wasn't street legal due to the fact that they would never do safety crash testing. A $2million hypercar. Lol. But let's be honest, it's got everything - headlights, taillights, windows, horn, probably just missing a license plate frame.

>Could you stick KERS on a car with ICE and electric motors?
Every single car equipped with electric motors has KERS. KERS is just the technical term for F1's energy recovery system, and other manufacturers have different names for it. Even a Prius has modes to generate electricity via faux engine braking.

>probably just missing a license plate frame.
And an exhaust - it's too loud for most circuits. When they finally decided to make it non-street legal, they also omitted a lot of stuff, and it's probably too low to properly drive. You could solve this with P1-style suspension, but still.

Mid mounted w16 with quad turbos and 4wd, the Veyron is heavy because it's a luxury car not a sports car.

>The Veyron is heavy because it's a luxury car not a sports car.
Bullshit. Luxury cars don't need that amount of power. It's a hypercar, not a sportscar, but that still implies some kind of cornering performance - which the Veyron mostly lacks, compared to most hypercars.

The veyron was way more of a gt. Did they even advertise it as a track car?

It's definitely a luxury car.
>Heavy as fuck
>W16, quad turbo putting down 1200-1400hp.

That's not too impressive. Lots of wasted potential. The Agera R was almost pulling down the same power from half the engine, turbos and weight.

The GT is lighter than the P1/918/LaF
~2800lbs

electric motors and awd are memes

Nice source you have there.

Mid Engine NA V12 in a car that weighs under 1100kg wet.

>He said production car Europoor

You made the mistake of expecting yuropoors to read.

I want them to leave.

>Ferd GT
>hypercar
lmao
Also, that engine is pure dog shit.

V12 RWD aided by an electric motor with KERS.
You guessed it. LaFerrari.

This. Range ban yurocucks.

>butthurt

All reports indicate between 2800-2900lbs. Pretty heavy for what it is. In comparison, Miatas are only 2200lbs and miatas don't use any carbon fiber, although they should.

>All reports indicate between 2800-2900lbs.
Journalists guesstimating is not an accurate source.

Journalist have access to inside information.
They're called journalists for a reason.

FR, purely dinosaur powered, with either an NA V12 or turbocharged I6. Somewhere just south of a thousand horsepower should be good. Give it the biggest, fattest, stickiest tires you can find (BFG R1S in 335/30/18 will probably be plenty) and keep the weight under 2500 pounds.

>weight=strength
miata has an anemic 4-cyl and generates zero downforce

What about mods? Are they memes too?

>supercar
>LS truck trash engine

lol, into the garbage

should get a proper powerhouse

>modular
>not a truck engine
wat

the first modular was installed in a car

The first LS was installed in a car as well. Your point?

the corvette has leafspings, making it a de-facto truck

Camaro doesn't.

Volvo S90/V90 uses leafsprings too, yet those aren't a truck. Transverse leafsprings actually neatly combine both spring and rollbar into one long flat object. This is great for reducing packaging size - which means the Volvos can fit a big boot or a set of batteries, and the corvette can lower it's frontal surface area. You cannot compare fibreglass transverse leafsprings to any old longitudinal steel units - it shows you know very little about automotive design.

they wouldn't be on Veeky Forums if they knew anything about automotive design

sequential has been btfo by variable compressor turbos for some time now

VGT turbos have been BTFO by aftermarket properly sided twin scroll turbos since before they even existed.

>sided
Sized

camaros do

also

>old trucks didn't have transverse leafspings

lmao at how clueless you are

have an old dodge truck frame i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y453/RJ_Olsen/RJOLSEN-LAPTOP/Photobucket/DSCF1581_zps09be0a82.jpg

>any of that at all like this

loving every laugh

>get a c5 vette
>fully built tt 2000hp ls motor
>drag radials
>literally less than 100k

0-200 in less than 10 seconds

>japcrap blows up after 3 launches
>costs shitloads to rebuild
>murika blows up after hundreds of burnouts, 600 mcdonalds runs, and tonnes of riochets from shooting niggers and target practice at the redneck ranch
>costs less than a new camaro to rebuild
>get 5 more years out of it

>japcrap factory run by mutant offspring of wwii
>such shit at building things they make people suicide crash them
>murika built by drunk rednecks who build top fuel dragsters
>still gets better gas mileage than japcrap

>manlet jap car built for manlet japs
>cramped interior and no dick space
>murika built for beer guts
>spacious comfy interior
>specially designed console keeps fresh shitty cold beer in both cupholders at all times

Vette sounds much better

its a transverse leafsping, isn't it?

>some autistic sharter took enough time to type all of that
kek

On the shitter waiting for my wife to finish dinner, no time wasted my boy.

>It has a double wishbone suspension, just like my Honda Civic, right?

yeah, basically

double wishbones are double wishbones

is a piston not a piston, because its used in an F1 instead of a civic aswell?

>he thinks his civic is basically equal to an F1 car
lmao dis nigga

So youre saying a single high tech turbo is better than a small one and a big one

nice strawman, I never said that

a civic has double wihsbones, an f1 car has double wishbones

a truck has leafspings and pushrods, a corvette has leafspings and pushrods

And somehow this makes a Corvette a truck and a Civic an F1 car?

A civic has wishbones, an F1 car has carbon fiber wishbones that regularly pull 3.5G turns

A truck has a leaf spring, a corvette has an independent leaf spring that can pull a sub 7 minute lap on the burgerring

/thread

>children cartoons
Opinion discarded

t. assmad GM fangirl

>buy c5 vette
>slower than a miata

not very smart

>japshit
>made for 4 foot manlets
>no room for big dick, women, or beer
>literally laughed at by everyone
Boy you sure showed me kek

This picture triggers me, and I don't even own a Miata. Fucking whores these days.

Its funny how spending 30k on a miata makes people laugh at you but bitches love a 5k c5 vette.

Bitches minds are simple-
v8 rumble = amazing
4 banger rice = shit

Curvy vette = amazing
Tiny japmobile = shit

Use this simple trick to pull pussy and grow a bigger cock

I drive a GM and I want these women dead

At least you have nothing to worry about

>virgin rambling about women and v8s
Sorry friend but any woman who isn't a used up redneck meth addict trailer trash whore would he disgusted by the corvettes interior

Gordon Murray said a Mclaren F1 with all the modern electronic trickery could keep up with the modern electric hypercars

So just make another McLaren F1

LOL this dude literally thinks American engineering is more reliable than Jap engineering. New Corvette can't even beat a front engine, 4 seater Datsun on the Ring

HAHAHAHAHAHA

not to mention
>V6

kek, GM cuck got triggered
stay triggered the corvette is slower

>a sub 7 minute lap on the burgerring
honestly lol'd

pic related